Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

anniehoo wrote: »
    Just spotted a couple of kids, no more than maybe 12 hop the wall (which is a good 9 or 10 feet) in Waterville and take off with a load of equipment from the new estate building site. I was "politely" told where to go when I asked what they were doing. :rolleyes:

Did you ring the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

athtrasna wrote: »
    Did you ring the Gardai?
    Yep and said they'd send a patrol car around. No idea if one turned up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

anniehoo wrote: »
    Yep and said they'd send a patrol car around. No idea if one turned up though.

I'd say they'd have a fair idea of where to start looking :rolleyes: I hate when things like that happen..we usually get away without trouble from our near neighbours, if they get away with this they'll start hanging out around the place again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Anybody know what happened on the green in Ongar last night? I heard noise and saw large groups of teenagers, who all ran when a police siren sounded.

Bit of a late reply so you've probably heard more on this in the meantime, but I was told by a friend that there was an altercation between two drunk adults and a group of teenagers. Apparently the drunk men said something to the teenagers and the teenagers beat them up. I don't know anything more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi everyone

Heard a story from my friend yesterday incident happened initially in roselawn shopping centre and ended in his estate just down the clonsilla road beside coolmine park.

Two lads followed a woman to her car in roselawn attempted to enter the car to rob her and then tried to break the window to take her bag. They failed!

Woman sped off in a panic and drove home, turns out the two guys followed her. When she got to her front door she spotted them running up into the garden.

My friend just happened to be coming around the corner on his motorbike, and neighbours starting coming out as the woman was screaming.

Anyway the two lads ran from the garden into their car open vectra (black) my mate drove up behind them they stuck the car in reverse and tried to knock him off, he went up on the kerb and they attempted to reverse up it also only to hit the wall, they drove off then in a panic, nothing taken, guards were called and everything but the reg my mate and the neighbours got was wrong beit invalid/dummy reg.

Anyway shows you the scum do be watching you in the shops..stay vigilant folks!

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/thugs-try-rob-mum-atm-3657182#.U5UGiczHfgp.facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

A young lad, maybe 17 was hit with a hammer in Huntstown last night and is in a coma in hospital.

Not sure of his current condition but I've known him a long time as he was a member if the football club I'm involved with. Always a decent, quiet lad.

A young lad, maybe 17 was hit with a hammer in Huntstown last night and is in a coma in hospital.

Not sure of his current condition but I've known him a long time as he was a member if the football club I'm involved with. Always a decent, quiet lad.

Obviously not the same lad that was attacked with a hammer while he was asleep in a house in Wellview on Tuesday morning?? He's also in a coma in Beaumont at the moment... wtf is going on in this world.

January wrote: »
    Obviously not the same lad that was attacked with a hammer while he was asleep in a house in Wellview on Tuesday morning?? He's also in a coma in Beaumont at the moment... wtf is going on in this world.

It's the same lad alright, but apparently this happened last night but you maybe right in saying it was Tuesday as the Chinese whispers usually get it all wrong. He is in an induced coma and was attacked in his sleep with a claw hammer by a 'friend'.

He is from Parslickstown. The person who did it is notorious. He shot at a bouncer in the Shanty a number of years ago but is also a rampant house robber.

It's the same lad alright, but apparently this happened last night but you maybe right in saying it was Tuesday as the Chinese whispers usually get it all wrong. He is in an induced coma and was attacked in his sleep with a claw hammer by a 'friend'.

He is from Parslickstown. The person who did it is notorious. He shot at a bouncer in the Shanty a number of years ago but is also a rampant house robber.

Same fella then, I live in the estate so definitely happened on Tuesday morning. Poor lad, I used to babysit him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

has the person that did it been arrested

• Advertisement

PucaMama wrote: »
    has the person that did it been arrested

Doubtful. The same culprit stabbed someone in the lung two weeks ago in Mulhuddart, the victim was fearful about going to the guards such is the fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This country is broken....

Doubtful. The same culprit stabbed someone in the lung two weeks ago in Mulhuddart, the victim was fearful about going to the guards such is the fear.
    unbelievable! how are we supposed to feel safe with scum like that free to do what they want. someone needs to get rid of him.

unbelievable! how are we supposed to feel safe with scum like that free to do what they want. someone needs to get rid of him.

The same culprit did this.

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK guys you're accusing someone of a list of crimes here - is this all speculation or has that person been tried and convicted of ALL of these crimes already in a real court?
    If not, time to stop being the judge & jury please. Dont leave yourself or boards open to claims of defamation/libel

Red car with a blonde woman, her husband has no front teeth 2 kids in the car attempting houses in Mulhuddart, same couple have been reported over and over again. Names and address have been given to the Gardai but they are still out and about trying houses.

Where in mulhuddart??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mulhuddart again but different issue last night. At a car parking area in Castlecurragh Heath at Church Road beside the new bridge there was a guy standing on the bonnet of a car kicking the windscreen in at about 3:45.

I rang the guards and gave a description of the bloke and left my details and they said they'd send a car but I don't know if they ever came.

Mulhuddart again but different issue last night. At a car parking area in Castlecurragh Heath at Church Road beside the new bridge there was a guy standing on the bonnet of a car kicking the windscreen in at about 3:45.

I rang the guards and gave a description of the bloke and left my details and they said they'd send a car but I don't know if they ever came.

Did you call 01 667000 or 999 ? The reason i say this. If you call them directly they will turn up to about 20% of the calls. Thats not to say they didnt arrive the next day. But always call 999 as those calls are reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Did you call 01 667000 or 999 ? The reason i say this. If you call them directly they will turn up to about 20% of the calls. Thats not to say they didnt arrive the next day. But always call 999 as those calls are reported.
    Don't worry about ringing 999/112 - calls are prioritised so you won't take a car away from a more serious incident happening at the same time.

I often find that 666-7000 is not even answered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I rang the Blanchardstown station direct (answered quite promptly I must add). And it turns out there were multiple windscreens kicked in, not just one. I don't know how many but there were at least 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

ok here is one for the list.

Tuesday 26th, some guy hit an elderly Romanian chap outside his house, with a car. Apparently he was driving slowly, but the man still tripped on the pavement and broke his nose etc.

Soon after the family of the victim chased the driver with axes, breaking the window in the car.

Gardai came soon after.

This was in Huntstown area.

Shiranui wrote: »

Tuesday 26th, some guy hit an elderly Romanian chap outside his house, with a car. Apparently he was driving slowly, but the man still tripped on the pavement and broke his nose etc.

Soon after the family of the victim chased the driver with axes, breaking the window in the car.

Gardai came soon after.

Same happened up here the other week in Mulhuddart. Coming down through the Wellview estate some lad hit a little girl with his car, well the family of the little girl robbed the man! Took his wallet, phone and laptop from the car.

Shiranui wrote: »

Gardai came soon after.

That was up the road from us. Thought I was fight between the Romanians? Thats what the guards said at the time anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Are these incidents relevant to this thread? Unless it's some sort of scam where people are deliberately getting clipped by cars in order to rob from them then it's not really "Neighbourhood Watch" it's just gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

^ Are these incidents relevant to this thread? Unless it's some sort of scam where people are deliberately getting clipped by cars in order to rob from them then it's not really "Neighbourhood Watch" it's just gossip.

reports of violence in the community definitely count as Neighbourhood Watch

^ But if it's a one off isolated incident caused by another one off isolated incident then it's not really. If these people are causing car accidents as a scam to rob people then we can all be on the look out. If, as is implied, it was a one off then it's of no real use to anyone.
    A lot of the posts in this thread are walking a fine line between what's actually useful to everyone and what's just gossip, for want of a better word.

Is neighborhood watch not all about keeping an eye on the whole area and letting people no what's going on? Whether it happens 1 time or 10 times we should be able to tell eachother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The online version of curtain twitching.

I agree, they're not really neighbourhood watch issues.

• Advertisement

Is neighborhood watch not all about keeping an eye on the whole area and letting people no what's going on? Whether it happens 1 time or 10 times we should be able to tell eachother

By that logic I should be telling you about my neighbour getting into a drunken fight with another neighbour in the street last weekend.

This particular event, which there seems to be two different versions of, with varying locations, and participants, is of no use to anyone in the sense of keeping their community informed and safe. Unless people in your area make a habit of hitting people with their cars?

I'm just expressing an opinion here, if you're all happy to keep gossiping by all means go ahead.

Advertisement