Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

100 EUR Free For Students Who Open KBC Free Current Account

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

i know a guy who finished college last year, is there anyway he can open an account and get the 100e?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Has anyone actually applied for this yet? Really tempted to chance it, just worrying that they'll find a way to require the 50 back through fees from not being able to close it or something :/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Saw this being advertised around UCC but didn't take much notice. Is it actually catch free to just open the account, do a few transactions and get the money then close it, all while still having your main bank account?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

deise_girl wrote: »
    Has anyone actually applied for this yet? Really tempted to chance it, just worrying that they'll find a way to require the 50 back through fees from not being able to close it or something :/

I've applied so I'll let you know if I get the €50 or not. €50 isn't anything to be laughed at anyway :). The only thing about KBC is that you cannot lodge cash.
    Hayezer wrote: »
    Saw this being advertised around UCC but didn't take much notice. Is it actually catch free to just open the account, do a few transactions and get the money then close it, all while still having your main bank account?

Yes. KBC aren't going to know you have another bank account and even if you do it wouldn't have any bearing on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

I sent off my documents on Thursday, got a text Monday that my account was open and to call for access. So I did, €50 in the account last night. T's and C's in the post this morning. All a very quick process :) now just waiting on my debit card and digital key. The staff are very friendly and helpful over the phone. Would definitely recommend to any student!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Mr.S wrote: »
    Got my €50 today but still waiting on my card in the post!

how did you get the 50 may i ask? I got texted that i received the fifty, no idea how im meant to get at it though haha.

diograis wrote: »
    how did you get the 50 may i ask? I got texted that i received the fifty, no idea how im meant to get at it though haha.

Did you ring about getting access to your account? You'll receive activation letters soon. But you can ring to get one texted to you. You can transfer out the money to an external account or wait for your debit card. It is definitely there though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Did you ring about getting access to your account? You'll receive activation letters soon. But you can ring to get one texted to you. You can transfer out the money to an external account or wait for your debit card. It is definitely there though haha

Just rang them and they told me I have to wait for the details on online banking to come by post. Damn I wanted money

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Can you sign up over the phone or does it have to be in a branch? I live in Kerry so nearest branch is a bit away in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I've just printed out my form to send off, but it doesn't mention sending a copy of student ID, should I do that anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

sdowling04 wrote: »
    Can you sign up over the phone or does it have to be in a branch? I live in Kerry so nearest branch is a bit away in Limerick.

You can do it over the phone or online.

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    I've just printed out my form to send off, but it doesn't mention sending a copy of student ID, should I do that anyway?

Yes I didn't do that and they rang me to do it. So make sure you do!

Thanks, I put a photocopy in with the application!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

How long did it take people from applying to getting card in the post? I applied about a week ago and had a missed call from them but haven't got anything in the post yet

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    How long did it take people from applying to getting card in the post? I applied about a week ago and had a missed call from them but haven't got anything in the post yet

I received a text 2 days after posting to say my account was open, 2 days after that they said the money had been deposited (that same day I received online / banking details). The next day I received my debit card and PIN.

If they've called you and not confirmed the opening of the account then there's an issue with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

I emailed my docs off last Saturday and still not a word from them - how long did it take for them to get back to you guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Scoobydooo

I emailed my docs off last Saturday and still not a word from them - how long did it take for them to get back to you guys?

Yeah I emailed off the documents aswell and had a missed call from them the next day but haven't heard anything back since, guess I'll have to give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Handiest 50 euros ever. thanks op and bargains alerts

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

What proof do they require your actually a student? I have a student card issued recently with no expiration date. Are they going to ask for more than this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

magnavox wrote: »
    What proof do they require your actually a student? I have a student card issued recently with no expiration date. Are they going to ask for more than this?

Just your student ID, yeah.

They usually have an expiration date, don't they? Not sure if it's going to be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

my card doesnt have an expiry date, just a issued date and there were no issues with kbc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Is your student card all ye need lads, so just scan the card and email off with the sign up document.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is your student card all ye need lads, so just scan the card and email off with the sign up document.

2 proofs of identity and 2 proofs of address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nimr wrote: »

They usually have an expiration date, don't they? Not sure if it's going to be an issue.

NUIG dont. Only date on it is for DoB. Planning on "losing" my card in final year and getting a new one with a more up to date photo. See how long I can get away with student deals :pac:

Nimr wrote: »

Mine doesn't have an expiry date, but they accepted it with proof of registration and a passport. Didn't have anything else. Got a text last Friday saying it was setup, nothing else received just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Mr. G wrote: »
    Mine doesn't have an expiry date, but they accepted it with proof of registration and a passport. Didn't have anything else. Got a text last Friday saying it was setup, nothing else received just yet.

Hi, did you send in the registration proof with it initially or did they ask for it?

magnavox wrote: »
    Hi, did you send in the registration proof with it initially or did they ask for it?

I just filled in my details when I signed up as I registered in person in a tent they had on the street. I got an email a week later asking for it yes, and had to go into the KBC Hub to copy my passport, proof of registration (which I got online from my college, they were fine with that) and my ID card.

Long story short I got my €50 about 2 weeks later but was worth the wait.

Sorry for the late reply :o

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

For anyone who signed up did you provide poof of your PPS number? See on the required documents it is but is that applicable to the student accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Anybody know how long they take to get back too you. Emailed off everything last Friday heard nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I didnt supply pps at all...

Any recommendations on the cheapest 10 transactions to make to get the extra free 50eur? I have free banking with aib (credit over 5k) so might transfer 2.5k to KBC in installments online and just leave it there for a year or so. A method of keeping it out of sight more than anything else...

Advertisement