Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Bars in Brussels and Ghent?

• 09-09-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Do any of ye movers and shakers know of any new bars in Brussels and Ghent? I've noted the usual suspects from previous trips and Ratebeer, Podge and others but I was just wondering if there was anywhere very new that ye know of that hasn't hit the wire yet.

I don't want to get back and someone mention some fantastic new bar that opened!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Moeder Lambic is on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

sarkozy wrote: »
    Moeder Lambic is on the list?

Both of them! :)

For the record Trollenkelder and De Planck are the best bars in Ghent.

By far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Most new bars in Brussels are the same concept - hipster type places, all serve decent beers compared to Ireland but not a huge selection

Most new bars in Brussels are the same concept - hipster type places, all serve decent beers compared to Ireland but not a huge selection

We stuck to the old reliables, except for Scotts opposite A La Mort Subite. It's a kind of a sports bar but not a bad beer list and goodish rotating taps. Good value for a bite too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Equium

Have you considered De Gruut Brouwerij? I found their own brews fantastic. The wit in particular is one of my favourite ever beers.

Was on my list for our second day but never made it to it. Next time hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

lk67 wrote: »
    We stuck to the old reliables, except for Scotts opposite A La Mort Subite. It's a kind of a sports bar but not a bad beer list and goodish rotating taps. Good value for a bite too.

A bar near me had rotating taps for a while, but they had to stop cos they kept spilling the beer! :D

Advertisement