Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fees and Repeating a Module

• 08-09-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi so i dont quite understand this process. I failed a module in 2nd year commerce and failed it in the repeat. I am going on Erasmus(3rd year) at the end of the month but doing the module again at Christmas while in 3rd year.
    I got a grant in 1st and 2nd year and was eligible for free fees.
    My question is will i be eligible for free fees?and maintence grant ?and Do i have to pay nuig's set repeating a year fee of 1,800?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I got a grant in 1st and 2nd year and was eligible for free fees.

If the Erasmus is a required part of the course, Yes.
    My question is will i be eligible for free fees?and maintence grant ?

You may be entitled to the non-adjacent maintenance part of the grant if you were previously awarded the adjacent and still qualify.
    Do i have to pay nuig's set repeating a year fee of 1,800?

Yes, you a liable for any repeat exam fees, modules or semesters.

To bring the fees down you could do an exam only repeat.

I had to repeat a fair few classes in GMIT 3 years ago (exam only) cost a total of e500-600..... that NUI figure for one seems extortionate.
    You can get onto the student support for assistance as well, I got my fees covered entirely that way.

Realistically posting on boards at this stage is wasting time.
    Get in, talk to Student Support and anyone else relevant so you can see what you're POA is.

Advertisement