Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dark Souls II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No chance i want to play this in beta. Will happily wait till it's released properly, rather than having parts of it spoiled while not finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Interview with Tanimura Yui

What I spotted what looked like viable dual wielding and insta-swtich to two handed at 5:36 !!! Nice!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

calex71 wrote: »
    Interview with Tanimura Yui

What I spotted what looked like viable dual wielding and insta-swtich to two handed at 5:36 !!! Nice!!!!

excellent interview !! really can't wait for this game. i must have close to 1000 hours put into dark souls altogether !!!

want!!!!!!!

Best comment was "10 people didn't have enough souls" in reference to the negative votes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Registrations for the Open Beta starting on the 22nd of October are now open on PSN

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/05/dark-souls-2-beta-sign-ups-open-now-on-ps3/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Beta not available to xbox360 or pc -
    Next month's Dark Souls 2 beta will not be available on Xbox 360 or PC, Namco Bandai has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.
    Instead, the beta will remain exclusive to PlayStation 3.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/dark_souls_2/news/dark_souls_2_beta_will_not_be_available_on_xbox_360_or_pc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

the collectors editions have been announced also , now to preorder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i didnt know the release date for pc was different than for consoles :(((((

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Never played Dark Souls - I'm intrigued...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's probably the only game that's almost as good as stalker - shadow of chernobyl

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »

1st game should be reasonably priced now, well worth picking it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BeerWolf wrote: »

It's pretty much the best and most important game of this generation of consoles. And it's better on PC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And it's better on PC :P

Pity my PC is so ancient - even struggles to play WoW atm on lowest settings for raids in LFR -.-;

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's pretty much the best and most important game of this generation of consoles. And it's better on PC :P

You'd be surprised how many people I've mentioned Dark Souls to and they look at me as if I've two heads.

There were two guys playing Monster Hunter against each other in the Harbour Bar a week or two ago. I was certain they'd have played it so asked them what they thought of it.

Absolutely no clue what I was on about. One of them even said that because it wasn't on a Nintendo console he wouldn't be interested in it.

Felt like bopping him over the head with the SNK control panel I happened to be carrying under my arm :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the asynchronous multiplayer that Demon's/Dark Souls introduced will be the next big thing in the next gen. I see it in Watchdogs already. Unfortunately most are looking at it as DRM for single player games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Black Armour Edition available for pre-order for less than £35. Sounds like a good deal to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Shame you have to pay for the figurine in the Collector's Edition as all I'd want is the artbook and ST£62 is too rich for my blood.

91tGWYK7BsL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I have no space for figurine in my room anyway (all the ones I got as gifts are stored away under my bed -_-). I would like that cloth map though, would be nice to get that on my wall and nerd out while I'm real into the game. Good to see the full collector's edition is now available for PC because for a while they were only advertising it on the consoles' releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Black Armour Edition available for pre-order for less than £35. Sounds like a good deal to me :)

Nice find.. was tempted to pre order it at eurogamer just to get a tshirt :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Would it be suicidal to jump straight into Dark souls 2?:D having not played the first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would it be suicidal to jump straight into Dark souls 2?:D having not played the first?

Play the first, you know yourself it is a great game, you would be missing out on a lot of pain and torture otherwise, very rewarding pain and torture I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

play the first, you wont miss out on anything story wise, but the first one is brilliant, by far one of my favourite games, and I don't normally say that with games this gen. True work of genius to the team(s) that made all of the souls games so far

Just replaying some Dark Souls now and I forgot how low the framerate can go and I'm not even in Blighttown yet.

As I said in the Eurogamer Expo thread.. if they can maintain the visuals and framerate of the Dark Souls 2 demo I played on ps3 it'll be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Geckolimus

I hope they will port this to WiiU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You'd get the first for a pittance and it's one of the best games of this generation. Make sure you get the version with the DLC included.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tok9 wrote: »
    Nice find.. was tempted to pre order it at eurogamer just to get a tshirt :P

I wanted to beat the Mirror Knight so badly, and really did come close. I reckon 10 more minutes and I would have had him. :o

I also thought about pre-ordering, but not sure what game would be like for delivery from UK to here.

I wanted to beat the Mirror Knight so badly, and really did come close. I reckon 10 more minutes and I would have had him. :o

I also thought about pre-ordering, but not sure what game would be like for delivery from UK to here.

Ya I know. I wish I didn't mess around so much in the beginning and legged it straight to the fight. Got close enough too but his attacks were so strong that 1 or 2 (usually 1) direct hits and you were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You would be very silly considering the original is half the price or less and is without a doubt the best game of this gen (imo of course but a lot of people would agree).

Kotaku have posted some videos of Beta footage as it's gone live in Japan, more of the same but you can get a look at the new inventory system and stuff.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-dark-souls-2-videos-show-co-op-armor-and-enemie-1427368803

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

got the email that i am accepted to join the beta but the psn beta website isnt working for me :(

• Advertisement

got the email that i am accepted to join the beta but the psn beta website isnt working for me :(

Me too but I'm after flying home so I won't be able to check it out till Monday.

Advertisement