Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Chucken wrote: »
    Don't worry. When I win the Euromillions I'm taking us all to Tramore for a week. Now, won't that be nice :D

Oh, thanks Chucken, that will make a nice change! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hen, stop pretending you care, just stop! Grrrrr! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

looksee wrote: »
    Oh, thanks Chucken, that will make a nice change! :D

Thought you'd like that :D

I decided to see what all this dressing up malarkey is about so I'm going to be a Viking(Vikueen?)for a night on the 23rd for The Festival Of Light :)

The Mens Shed here are building a boat for it. Apparently we're not allowed to set fire to it on the river :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Chucken wrote: »
    The Mens Shed here are building a boat for it. Apparently we're not allowed to set fire to it on the river :(

Even if it is filled with lettuce soup? :pac:

Please Chucken, no horned helmets or leather corsets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

:(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

A Viking Boat eh?

That sounds like a lot of rollocks

I haven't actually seen the outfits so don't despair just yet OG ;)

Costumes. They're called costumes.
    Outfits!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Mmmmmmmm............leather corsets..............aahhhhhhh!
    Pics required.

• Advertisement

no leather corsets? Does that mean you have to take them off and prance around nekkid?

Are you usurping Alice's moon dance?

:eek: Boys! Please!

looksee started it.

Snort! I never! Just trying to encourage authenticity....mutter mutter

Are we allowed to pillage and .... err other things? Purely for authenticity?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I pillaged the biscuit tin earlier if that counts?

I burned my dinner too lol

Well, boys and girls, :o I have spent almost two hours :o:o watching a programme about burlesque :o on SkyArts1 tonight, in an effort to understand OG's fascination with all things sequinned and feathered. :o My eyes have just reverted to their normal position thankfully. :o I just don't know what to say about it. :o I will leave it at that for the moment. :o Maybe tomorrow I may have some comment. :o

Was that "Burlesque Undressed" with Immodesty Blaize? Much as I love Immodesty she (and Dita) are far removed from the normal levels of burlesque and live in the rarefied strata of "superstars". Their films are more glorified self promotions than objective insights into the worlds of burlesque, cabaret and circus. However I hope the film gave you a little glimpse of the glitter and piqued your interest.

If anyone is interested in seeing some burlesque first-hand the annual Dublin Burlesque Festival is about to kick off in November. Fashion shows, workshops, dance classes, awards shows and galas. I may faint.
    http://dublinburlesquefestival.ie/wordpress/

Yes, that was the programme, and I realised that it was a self-promoting gig all right. Oh dear, I'm still not myself after it and I don't know who I am, but definitely someone far removed from anyone burlesque! I live a very, very, very, quiet life......ahhhh, back to my knitting now. :)

• Advertisement

Two hours JB? You suffered for two hours? :D

I only lasted an hour of that film when I saw it a few years ago. :)

Yes, well, one and three-quarter hours. I was amazed by the costumes, or lack of, in some respects. The costume designers/builders are very talented, as are the make up artists. I was also amazed at the 75 year old burlesque performer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't even wear shorts on a hot day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Yoo hoo I'm back..........

What have you lot done to the weather????My poor little nest is being battered by a howling storm at the moment. If this keeps up I'll have to pack my bags again and get back to the sunshine:):)

Speaking of burlesque, saw a performance a few months ago, my goodness what those girls could do with a fan, a chair and a feather boa was unbelievable:eek:

Girls?!! You should see OG :eek:

Think I'd need a few libations for that:D:D

There must be a burlesque campaign going. You can see more on ITV tomorrow night, "Paul O'Grady travels to New York to explore the life of burlesque performer Gypsy Rose Lee" Don't think I can manage another programme so soon.

It must be a Marmite type of entertainment.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    There must be a burlesque campaign going. You can see more on ITV tomorrow night, "Paul O'Grady travels to New York to explore the life of burlesque performer Gypsy Rose Lee" Don't think I can manage another programme so soon.

A good cup of strong tea and you should make it Jellybaby ;)

On a side note I am a great fan of Paul OGrady's particularly his programs about the Battersea Dogs Home.

• Advertisement

There ain't no tea strong enough Hen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement