Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I never really understood the fuss over Blighttown, it's not my favourite area by any means but I never found it overly annoying or hard. Just make our way to the bottom of the pit, find the bonfire then go straight for Queelag. Once she's taken care of just go up the water wheel and make your way back out. Save exploring for later on when you're stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you ever gone through Bligttown via the Depths right after you've beaten the Gargoyles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have you ever gone through Bligttown via the Depths right after you've beaten the Gargoyles?

That's the way I did it. It was tough but I managed it slowly, getting further and further each time I tried. I didn't find the frame rate issue that much of a bother either, it's the overall rotten look of the place that I didn't enjoy. At least Anor londo is majestic.

You're part of the minority... It took a while, but eventually I was considering fvcking my controller through the telly :D

I played it on PC before PS3 so the dropped frames were awful

You're part of the minority... It took a while, but eventually I was considering fvcking my controller through the telly :D

I played it on PC before PS3 so the dropped frames were awful

Yeah I'm on Xbox 360.
    A quick question, when I beat the game, New game plus is available yes? Does anything carry over? Or do I start again at level 1 and its just harder? I'm level 93 at the moment.

• Advertisement

You keep all weapons, shield, armour, consumables etc

I think keys are all that you don't get to carry.

You'll stay level 93.

Pick up any titanite slabs and kindle all the useful bonfires e.g. Fire link, Burg, Tomb of the Giants, Dukes.

You don't have to do them all, just the main ones. Boost all armour and weapons to +9/10 and +14/15 respectively

Thanks , you''ve been really helpful as I struggled through this!

Thanks , you''ve been really helpful as I struggled through this!

We all struggle :P

As soon as you beat Gwyn NG+ starts by the way, you don't have a choice

As soon as you beat Gwyn NG+ starts by the way, you don't have a choice

Beating Gwyn Is proving to be beyond me. This is honestly the closest the controller has come to getting launched since the capra demon, some 60 hours earlier. I've seen the YouTube vids about partying but I've yet to do one successfully, not to mind one after the other. The best I've done is get him about halfway down by circling around the rocks and chipping away with my black knight halberd+5. I'm determined to beat this game by the end of the month so its tomorrow or bust.

• Advertisement

Try a fire weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've seen the YouTube vids about partying but I've yet to do one successfully

You could try a party planner..... :D

Gwyn does like to party.

Kirby wrote: »
    You could try a party planner..... :D

Gwyn does like to party.

Do you mean summon someone? Theres no summon signs anywhere. Another 2 hours down the tubes tonight. Managed to get 1 parry riposte. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Evade

How much does your equipment weigh? If you're dying in a couple of hits it might be worth switching to lighter armour to get under 50% of the max to increase rolling speed and recovery.

Evade wrote: »
    How much does your equipment weigh? If you're dying in a couple of hits it might be worth switching to lighter armour to get under 50% of the max to increase rolling speed and recovery.

No, I'm under 50% 52/100. It's not that I'm dying in a few hits, it's just that I can't catch a break, his attacks are relentless so there's no window for estus, then he wears my stamina out with attacks. If I try to parry I constantly fail. (i haven't parried at all throughout the course of the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Morte

I was the same. Couldn't handle the parrying at all. He staggers easily so if you can tank him (Havel's set and Iron Flesh ideally) then you can trade blows until he staggers and then swig an estus.

Morte wrote: »
    I was the same. Couldn't handle the parrying at all. He staggers easily so if you can tank him (Havel's set and Iron Flesh ideally) then you can trade blows until he staggers and then swig an estus.

I'm after taking a break for a few minutes but I'll give that a go before bed.

Cause there's nothing like going to bed angry.

I think I parried about 4 times in the three and a half times I played it. I had some success with is closing on him so he tries to grab you then step back out of his range and hit him once, then repeat.

Cheesing it by getting him stuck at the stalagmites is still the easiest way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Do you mean summon someone? Theres no summon signs anywhere. Another 2 hours down the tubes tonight. Managed to get 1 parry riposte. Yay.

If you still haven't beaten him, let me know. I still have my copy somewhere. I haven't played DS1 in a long while so I'll probably suck at it, but with the 2 of us it shouldn't be too hard regardless.

THE GREAT LORD HAS BEEN DEFEATED ! ! !

Sincerely, thank you all....

Did it by keeping my distance, boosting stamina recovery with green moss and only attacking / healing when he went for a grab or kick. My heart is going a mile a minute.

Truly one of the most satisfying games I've ever played.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did it by keeping my distance, boosting stamina recovery with green moss and only attacking / healing when he went for a grab or kick. My heart is going a mile a minute.

Get the dlc now :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Get the dlc now :)
    New game+ so he can get his ass kicked all over again.

Now try it at level 1 ;)
    Gwyn is the easiest at SL1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Currently doing an SL1 run. Am effectively at Gwyn, but want to beat the DLC first. Plus invading undead burg with dragon head stone, +5 lightning axe, and +5 giants set on chest, legs and hands is kinda fun. Getting a lot of people in NG+ and beyond who have some pretty decent gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

People like you ruined invasions in this game :mad:

You literally have to keep your stats at the bare minimum and overspec your gear to be competitive

You literally have to keep your stats at the bare minimum and overspec your gear to be competitive

Or reach level 13. Thereby putting yourself out of his invasion range.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Oh Id love to be starting the DLC again - some great boss fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Whenever some loser twink invades me with their high powered gear in the early game I just let them kill me and then block them on PSN so I never meet them again... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Invasions by all shapes and sizes are part of the fun of the game imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

noodler wrote: »
    Invasions by all shapes and sizes are part of the fun of the game imo.

I kinda agree with you, but it has been changed in DS2 and completely changed in BloodBourne.

It's very disheartening for new players to reach the end of the undead burg with starter gear only to be invaded by a sadist with a +5 lightning bastard sword who kills them in one hit. Where's the skill in that?

Advertisement