Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Bargain on Amazon.de?

• 03-03-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to bridge my Vodafone HG658c router and the Netgear seems to be getting some good user reviews.

I have a quick question.....

On amazon.de the R7000-100PES is listed for €135 (€148 shipped to me or €142 shipped to Parcel Motel). The same R7000 on amazon.co.uk is listed as the R7000-100UKS and is around €205 or more posted.

I'm guessing the difference is probably only the 2-pin vs 3-pin PSU? Also will the UI be in German and can that be changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Just an update. Seems the 100PES is just a different PSU so I went ahead and ordered the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

SachaJ wrote: »
    Just an update. Seems the 100PES is just a different PSU so I went ahead and ordered the router.
    Netgear, as do many manufacturers these days, use PSU's with detachable interchangeable plugs see here for the UK and EU versions. If you're lucky you might be able to find a replacement UK plug somewhere or try and con one out of Netgear themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Alun wrote: »
    Netgear, as do many manufacturers these days, use PSU's with detachable interchangeable plugs see here for the UK and EU versions. If you're lucky you might be able to find a replacement UK plug somewhere or try and con one out of Netgear themselves.

I'll see when the unit arrives but I'm not too concerned. I have a few 12v PSU's in the attic (not sure if they are rated for 3.5A though) but can also use a 2pin to 3pin adapter.

More concerned with the UI being in German though but hopefully I can select default language when I start it

Advertisement