Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

connundrum wrote: »
    Waited 110 minutes. Applied for Canada & Italy tickets. Went to pay. Site kicked me out.

Fcuk this.

Actually, I'll wait and do this. We got sorted via the ticket exchange for Euro 2012 and we'll get sorted for this.

At least we'll know a) what we're considering purchasing b) if we've secured the ticket immediately c) that we have money at the time of purchase. I can't guarantee that I've €20 in my credit card for longer than a week never mind ensuring that I've £200 at 'some stage' in October.

Whats to stop people using alternate avenues to sell the tickets are higher prices

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Applied for 1 x Adult & 2 x Child Cat D for Ire v Fra

Unless Lawrence Dallaglio's hand delivering to my abode, the fifteen quid (GBP) postage charge is a grubby / grabby add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Applied for the ire vrs Romania game as my brother lives close to to the stadium.gang of ya going to head over on the beer for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Whats to stop people using alternate avenues to sell the tickets are higher prices

Nothing tbh, and you could have definitely said that for Euro 2012 but the majority of fans are sound and are happy to resell tickets at cost + booking fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Applied for 1 x Adult & 2 x Child Cat D for Ire v Fra

Unless Lawrence Dallaglio's hand delivering to my abode, the fifteen quid (GBP) postage charge is a grubby / grabby add-on.

an extra £12 if you don't pay by MasterCard too!

Went for 4xItaly and 4xFrance Cat D with the assumption that I'll easily find 3 willing mates if I get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Just did mine now. No delay at all.
    2 Adult + 2 kids for Ire v Canada, cat C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Probably a silly question but if you'er lucky enough to get 3/4 tickets for category D, do you think they'd be seated together? Obviously not a major issue but just curious.

Obviously with scheduling can't please everybody but kinda odd that Ire v Romania is at Wembley. Thought our game vs France or Italy would get the biggest stadium.

Thinking of just getting friends to apply for tickets for each game and seeing what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

Eod100 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but if you'er lucky enough to get 3/4 tickets for category D, do you think they'd be seated together? Obviously not a major issue but just curious.

Obviously with scheduling can't please everybody but kinda odd that Ire v Romania is at Wembley. Thought our game vs France or Italy would get the biggest stadium.

Thinking of just getting friends to apply for tickets for each game and seeing what happens.

Yeah you should be all beside each other if you buy the tickets in one transaction id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

It is down or over?

I can't seem to find where to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Eod100 wrote: »

Wembley is only available for the first week of the competition so wasn't an option for the Italy or France games.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Just a heads up to anyone who gave credit card details that arent registered to the account delivery address... don't!

I gave my dads card details and luckily I just spotted toinght that I can't do this. Hopefully I'll be able to edit my order and put in a different card number!

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    It is down or over?

I can't seem to find where to apply

Sorry folks, but am I missing something. I queued last Friday for tickets but could't wait. Tried again yesterday but can't/don't have the link.

Can someone help and direct me..

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Thanks.... dunno why it wouldn't show me link. I basically re-send reactivation mail and it works.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

No worries. The site is a bit ropey.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

When entering your credit card details was anyone else only able to enter two numbers in the CV code (the code on the back of the card!!!) box instead of the normal three?

conor1979 wrote: »
    When entering your credit card details was anyone else only able to enter two numbers in the CV code (the code on the back of the card!!!) box instead of the normal three?

What type of card is it? I didnt even get asked for a CVV number. Also I seemed to be getting charged a transaction fee when I am paying by visa debit. It seems to be reconizing my card as a general "Visa" which is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

andymx11 wrote: »
    What type of card is it? I didnt even get asked for a CVV number. Also I seemed to be getting charged a transaction fee when I am paying by visa debit. It seems to be reconizing my card as a general "Visa" which is wrong.

Its a Mastercard. No fees thank god but I'm worried that it wont go through properly.

Tried looking on a few websites to see if there is anyone I can contact to ask. May well just have to ring the bank later and see what they say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Think it's anything other than a Mastercard gets charged a fee. Can't remember about the CVV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Anyone going to London

http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm

conor1979 wrote: »
    Its a Mastercard. No fees thank god but I'm worried that it wont go through properly.

Tried looking on a few websites to see if there is anyone I can contact to ask. May well just have to ring the bank later and see what they say!

I originally entered my Dad's MasterCard details and didnt get asked for a CVV at all. I now have entered my Visa debit and again didnt get asked for a CVV. Has anyone else been promted for a CVV and if so, on what types of card?
    Synode wrote: »
    Think it's anything other than a Mastercard gets charged a fee. Can't remember about the CVV

All credit cards apart from MC will be charged however Visa Debit and laser should'nt be charged. I just got off the phone with them. There is an issue with transaction charges been billed incorrectly. They are looking into it and will get back to me in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

andymx11 wrote: »

Same for me and visa debit, no Cvv asked and coming up as Visa.. Glad not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Myself and a couple of mates are going to apply for tickets to try and maximise our chances. In the unlikely event that we are all successful in the ballot, does anyone know will we all be charged for all the tickets straight away? Or would it be possible for just one of us to take the tickets and basically decline the rest and leave them for someone else to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Anyone going to London

http://www.seat61.com/Ireland.htm

I can see this as been the cheapest option of getting over. Lets hope they don't up the price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Jello wrote: »
    Myself and a couple of mates are going to apply for tickets to try and maximise our chances. In the unlikely event that we are all successful in the ballot, does anyone know will we all be charged for all the tickets straight away? Or would it be possible for just one of us to take the tickets and basically decline the rest and leave them for someone else to take?

I think once you are successful that they will charge you. But there will be a resale option later in the year should you get tickets you don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Applied for a few for Ireland.against Romania and Italy, along with nz and Namibia..

Anyone know will you be told before being charged or just told you have/don't have them and have been charged (for Romania don't see much issue anyway) and that's that..

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Get in quick lads....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771

Seven games already oversubscribed. Whats even more suprising is that loads of people that I know haven't even applied for tickets given you dont have to do it straight away. There is massive demand out there.

Way more games will be oversubscribed by the end of the month.

Will be a mental World Cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Get in quick lads....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29249771

Seven games already oversubscribed. Whats even more suprising is that loads of people that I know haven't even applied for tickets given you dont have to do it straight away. There is massive demand out there.

Way more games will be oversubscribed by the end of the month.

Will be a mental World Cup!
    You can apply for every match up until the 29th even if they're already oversubscribed so there's no real rush.

Advertisement