Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

yeah that's my plan too tbh.

At the moment i'm aiming for two 50 quid tickets for france match. Cat C are 125 a pop! Can't justify 250 quid on tickets then travel, food or drink...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

I was wondering what the different category seats are at the Millennium Stadium are. I came across this image on the Allblacks website. The Cat D seem more appealing to me than the majority of the Cat C seats.

millenium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

For anyone interested, here is the seating for the Olympic Stadium.

olympic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Thud

one way around paying for tickets...

Straight Dudes Marry In New Zealand For Trip to Rugby World Cup
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11322617

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Never applied for tickets for a RWC before so somebody may be able to put my mind at ease. I'm looking for 4 CAT c tickets. I'll apply for them tomorrow and so will my friend. What are the chances of getting at least 4? If we both get them so be it, I'm sure I can persuade a few of the lads to splash out!

• Advertisement

Some of the seats at the Olympic Stadium are going to be miles away from the pitch, never mind the action.

West Ham fan here in work a bit worried about all that white space between pitch and second tier!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

andymx11 wrote: »
    Never applied for tickets for a RWC before so somebody may be able to put my mind at ease. I'm looking for 4 CAT c tickets. I'll apply for them tomorrow and so will my friend. What are the chances of getting at least 4? If we both get them so be it, I'm sure I can persuade a few of the lads to splash out!

I assume you'll get all 4 or none. As for the chances, no one will have a clue really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

For 2011 I applied for as many as I could. You didn't get a warning about what tickets you got, they just tried to charge my card when the draw took place. It obviously just bounced at it was over €4,000 and that was just for the three of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did you get any tickets in the end .ak?

.ak wrote: »
    For 2011 I applied for as many as I could. You didn't get a warning about what tickets you got, they just tried to charge my card when the draw took place. It obviously just bounced at it was over €4,000 and that was just for the three of us.

You can cap the number of tickets you'll get this time round (though I don't think you can preferentially select games).

That would have been a nightmare if using a card with a high limit on it.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

I can see me loosing my house over this bloody World Cup! Must be careful those the card limit is high enough!!!

Is anybody aiming for anything other than Cat D...? I'd say there will be fierce competition for them. You would almost be better off going for Cat C to have a better chance at getting tickets. Or am I delusional in thinking everyone is as cheap as me?

Is anybody aiming for anything other than Cat D...? I'd say there will be fierce competition for them. You would almost be better off going for Cat C to have a better chance at getting tickets. Or am I delusional in thinking everyone is as cheap as me?

I've kinda excepted that I won't get CAT D so I'll be selecting the option to allocate me CAT C if none are available in my first choice. We could be surprised and actually get the D ones. Apparently there are equal number of tickets for all Categories but naturally there will be more demand for the cheaper ones- somebody has to get them though !

looks like the website is getting whacked.

Been waiting 15 minutes. There's a very slowly loading circle

There is no benefit to getting in early anyway - I'll look at tickets next week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going to give up myself for the night. It's not any easier or quicker teeing from New Zealand!!!

ah patience.

tickets applied for. now fingers crossed i get them.

I had to wait about 30 minutes before getting in which isn't too bad. As said before though, it's not first come first served

90mins for me but i'm up to my eyes in work so not a bother.

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote: »
    ah patience.

tickets applied for. now fingers crossed i get them.

What did you go for?

just two 50 quid tickets for the french match in cardiff. money a bit tight at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

RuggieBear wrote: »
    just two 50 quid tickets for the french match in cardiff. money a bit tight at the moment...

That's not bad though, fair play.

Gonna try and get some closer to the date, heading off to 'Murica with the missus next month so I'm skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Applied for 2 Cat As for Italian and French games. Chanced my arm by applying for two cat Ds for the final as well.

Tell me this much - what do you need to register for the tickets? An email address? A credit card?

Yes to both

Synode wrote: »
    Yes to both

I just heard you only need an email which would be open to spamming abuse. Good to know that's not the case.

So do they charge you as soon as you win the ballot like what happened in 2011 with ak? Or is there an option?

Yes, I only read it briefly but it appears that's the case. So some time in October. Didn't look like you had a choice to pick from whichever ones you won - If you put down you want tickets now and you get them, you have to take them. Although there is some option to limit the amount of matches you take tickets for should you win them all

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Synode wrote: »
    Yes, I only read it briefly but it appears that's the case. So some time in October. Didn't look like you had a choice to pick from whichever ones you won - If you put down you want tickets now and you get them, you have to take them. Although there is some option to limit the amount of matches you take tickets for should you win them all

Think I read in the IT during the week there will be a ticket sale site (face value) set up if you have ones you don't want/use. Just applied for cat d/c for the Italy game just couldn't give the money for the higher cat and fancied trying a stadium that won't host rugby again, so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Waited 110 minutes. Applied for Canada & Italy tickets. Went to pay. Site kicked me out.

Fcuk this.
    pc7 wrote: »
    Think I read in the IT during the week there will be a ticket sale site (face value) set up if you have ones you don't want/use. Just applied for cat d/c for the Italy game just couldn't give the money for the higher cat and fancied trying a stadium that won't host rugby again, so fingers crossed.

Actually, I'll wait and do this. We got sorted via the ticket exchange for Euro 2012 and we'll get sorted for this.

At least we'll know a) what we're considering purchasing b) if we've secured the ticket immediately c) that we have money at the time of purchase. I can't guarantee that I've €20 in my credit card for longer than a week never mind ensuring that I've £200 at 'some stage' in October.

Advertisement