Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Graduate in Speical Needs UCD interview

• 20-08-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have an interview with UCD for a place on their post grad diploma in special education needs. has anyone any advice or tips or questions I might be asked?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have a look at sess.ie and read up on various conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lolly96

cool thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

lolly96 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have an interview with UCD for a place on their post grad diploma in special education needs. has anyone any advice or tips or questions I might be asked?
    Thanks in advance.

Probably why do you want to do it, or how do you think your teaching or your school could benefit from it. What is your awareness of what the course entails. have you any ideas for a research topic (if you want to do a masters later!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lolly96

thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If you really want to do a bit of homework you could swot up on the lecturers who are in the SEN side of things .. HERE , HERE, or HERE

You mightn't have access to their research publications but it's good to get an overview as chances are it'd probably be one of those 3 that would be interviewing you!

SESS is a good kind of practical based website for teachers and the NCSE would be a better place to start from the research end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement