Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

:O

Ewww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:D:D:D

Finishing up my job on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Congrats - anything in the pipeline or you looking to take it easy for a few weeks?

PaulieC wrote: »
    Congrats - anything in the pipeline or you looking to take it easy for a few weeks?

:D thanks. Nothing lined up,its just my placement is finished. After a week i'll be well sick of the time off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

There's something lovely about walking around Galway on a chilly November evening and having a piping cup of hot chocolate. Just gorgeous.

How are we all today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

There's something lovely about walking around Galway on a chilly November evening and having a piping cup of hot chocolate. Just gorgeous.

How are we all today?

How romantic is that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Bet you can't wait:D

I'm trying to narrow down my weaknesses to 3 in preparation for my interview on Thursday.This is really difficult.

How are we all today?
    Aww that sounds really, really good! And here's me stuck in work!

I found out today that the pod coffee machine I got a few weeks back can take hot chocolate pods so hoping to get them somewhere for Christmas - if it's half as good as the coffee I'll be golden for winter :)

Anybody here ever had O'Connaills hot chocolate in Cork? - it's fairly spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

How romantic is that :D

It would be if that stroll around didn't finish with me having to go to work!

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Bet you can't wait:D

I'm trying to narrow down my weaknesses to 3 in preparation for my interview on Thursday.This is really difficult.
    Anytime I've been asked what my weaknesses are in an interview I've turned it around to make it look like a strength which might come across as cocky but might also make you seem really humble for even thinking it's a weakness

e.g. - One weakness I'd have is that if I don't know the answer to something I won't stop looking to find an answer which can sometimes mean I get a bit sidetracked.

You've said you can sometimes get sidetracked but only because of your eagerness to get a result and shown that you don't give up easily when faced with a difficult task

Bada-bing bada-boom :pac:

• Advertisement

:D thanks. Nothing lined up,its just my placement is finished. After a week i'll be well sick of the time off
    I have a feeling you'll enjoy the lie-ins for a little longer than a week :)

Anytime I've been asked what my weaknesses are in an interview I've turned it around to make it look like a strength which might come across as cocky but might also make you seem really humble for even thinking it's a weakness

e.g. - One weakness I'd have is that if I don't know the answer to something I won't stop looking to find an answer which can sometimes mean I get a bit sidetracked.

You've said you can sometimes get sidetracked but only because of your eagerness to get a result and shown that you don't give up easily when faced with a difficult task

Bada-bing bada-boom :pac:
    Haha I might steal that one. And yea you do want to be able to turn it around and make it look like a strength.

I think I might go for stubborn, and SUN gave me a suggestion as well, that I'm too confident:eek::p

Haha I might steal that one. And yea you do want to be able to turn it around and make it look like a strength.

I think I might go for stubborn, and SUN gave me a suggestion as well, that I'm too confident:eek::p
    This should be your cover letter - saw it online a few weeks back and laughed heartily at it.

College entrance letter:
    I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets. I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hand gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned my fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradies Lost, Moby-Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish and entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a Mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

I have a feeling you'll enjoy the lie-ins for a little longer than a week :)

i do like my sleep :D

hmmm i dunno about stubborn, how can you make that positive?

This should be your cover letter - saw it online a few weeks back and laughed heartily at it.

College entrance letter:

Thanks for the laugh:D I wish I could write like that!

i do like my sleep :D

hmmm i dunno about stubborn, how can you make that positive?
    Stubborn as in you make sure to get things done, no?

Stubborn as in you make sure to get things done, no?
    I don't think so - stubbornness can lead to conflict. Although if you put it in the sense that you're well able to stick up for yourself and not easily led then I'm sure it'd look good....use the thesaurus to find a word similar to stubborn though :pac:

I'd say perfectionist - that you like things done right or not atall - again that's more of a strength than a weakness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i got asked 3 weaknesses in an interview
    i told them they were getting one and that was it

said i was told i should delegate tasks more, because im the type of person who just prefers to get things done (which was all entirely true) and that i'd overcome that with recent work on xyz bla bla
    if you tell them a weakness tell them something that you've done to improve it

don't say perfectionist, it's the ultimate cliche

yeah, stubbornness for me would be a little too negative, it'd be hard to turn it around.

I don't think so - stubbornness can lead to conflict. Although if you put it in the sense that you're well able to stick up for yourself and not easily led then I'm sure it'd look good....use the thesaurus to find a word similar to stubborn though :pac:

I'd say perfectionist - that you like things done right or not atall - again that's more of a strength than a weakness

Yea you might be right, I'll have a think about it, still got some time to prepare anyway:)

I got my strengths all sorted already :D:pac: And it's all lies!

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    i got asked 3 weaknesses in an interview
    i told them they were getting one and that was it

said i was told i should delegate tasks more, because im the type of person who just prefers to get things done (which was all entirely true) and that i'd overcome that with recent work on xyz bla bla
    if you tell them a weakness tell them something that you've done to improve it

don't say perfectionist, it's the ultimate cliche
    Cliché

Sorry had to fix it....I'm a perfectionist you see :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Cliché

Sorry had to fix it....I'm a perfectionist you see :pac:

you fixed that and not all the other lazy typing? :pac:

There were no other jokes to be had out of those - cliché was the perfect word for it I'm sure you'll agree :D

Almost finished work YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The hunter has become the hunted eh.Its about damn time!

Best line I heard re weaknesses was when a guy was having his interview,it was going swimmingly and the interviewer asked him what his weaknesses were.

He paused for about 15/20 seconds,looked at him in the eye and said
    I cant dance

The fecker got the job too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Evening all..

Hows everyone?

Best line I heard re weaknesses was when a guy was having his interview,it was going swimmingly and the interviewer asked him what his weaknesses were.

did you see that thread in AH a while back - I don't go there too often anymore but the thread on funny stories from interviews & CVs was brilliant.

Guy got asked the same question you referred to Otis except he didn't blink and rapidly responded...

BULLETS :D

That one I could use, I really can't dance and it'll probably make the interviewer laugh as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Evening all! I love o conaills, might try get one when I'm down next week!

Don't say stubborn or perfectionist Kya and best of luck :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've to do a child protection course for the cycling club, I was thinking about going wearing a pedobear t-shirt :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

you should

pedobear.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement