Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling Louboutins

• 15-12-2012 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So, I purchased a pair of louboutins 3/4 months ago. Ive worn them twice.

I cannot wear them.....they are too high :-( actually breaks my heart to want to sell them, because they are a beautiful shoe, but after managing to wear them for only about 30min last night, Ive come to the conclusion that I must get rid. :-(

Anyhoo, my question is, is there any place online, bar ebay, where I could try and sell them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can try selling on Donedeal.ie or adverts.ie

Bear in mind that you will be lucky to recoup a decent proportion of your money. Once the shoe has been worn, you can probably kiss goodbye to 30-50% of their value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for that!
    They were e425.

I just think would be better to sell them than to have them sitting in the wardrobe never to be worn again.

Good point - someone will want them and like them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

You could try Siopaelle, Temple Bar if your in or near Dublin.

http://siopaella.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

OP, how high are they? They take a while to break in and you've only worn them twice. Do you normally wear shoes with the same heel height as your CLs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

OP, if I were you, I wouldn't rush into selling them. You say you've only worn them twice, that's not really enough wear to break them in. Do you wear heels often? Do you wear heels of a similar height often?

It takes me about 10 wears to properly break in a pair of heels. I don't wear heels everyday but I wear heels at the weekend so my feet are kind of "used to" the feel of them. If you are in flats all the time, heels will be tougher to get used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was going to suggest Siopaella but beware, you need at least ten items to consign your first time, and you need to make an appointment to do it during the week.

But they will sell these easily and get a good price for them too. I have to take myself in there some day soon... unfortunately I wont have time before Christmas :(

Thanks for the replies.

I only wear heels really when I go out. I find the balls of my feet get very sore wearing heels-any type of heel - a problem Ive always had. The balls of my feet were sooo sore and I had those feet cushion things in them. Honest-was so fed up Id to take them off-and they were soooo lovely! How can something so lovely hurt so much :rolleyes:

Edit: I dont live near dub or have 10 (nice) things to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

I only wear heels really when I go out. I find the balls of my feet get very sore wearing heels-any type of heel - a problem Ive always had. The balls of my feet were sooo sore and I had those feet cushion things in them. Honest-was so fed up Id to take them off-and they were soooo lovely! How can something so lovely hurt so much :rolleyes:

Edit: I dont live near dub or have 10 (nice) things to sell.

If you're not wearing heels, you're probably wearing flats most of the time, in which case, it's totally normal for the balls of your feet to be aching.

If you've tried the cushion things (the Party Feet ones are really good) then all I can suggest is wearing them more often, which I know probably sounds very unappealing but it's the only way to get used to them.

In fairness, I wear heels all the time and I can't stand Louboutins. There's something about the arch shape in those shoes that make them suitable only for contortionists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,250 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well I would say if you stick them up on ebay before Christmas (while people still have money) you would have a very good chance of selling them and getting a good price. If you put no reserve on them, they will attract a lot of interest. Dont worry, theres no way a good, new pair of louboutins wont sell.

I'm with you Dudara, but actually I dont like very high heels generally. I dont buy anything I cant walk in anymore. Theres no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I sold a pair of CL on eBay earlier this year and actually sold them for €60 more than I paid for them! Whoever bought them REALLY wanted them! :D

Did you pay full price for them when you bought them?

I dont think anyone would pay e425+ for a second hand pair of shoes when they could get a new pair in BTs for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I dont think anyone would pay e425+ for a second hand pair of shoes when they could get a new pair in BTs for the same price.

Yes I paid full price for them in Harvey Nichols. I sold them to a woman in the US who said she had trouble finding that particular style in her size.

Which ones do you have OP? I assume you just have a regular pair for that price and not special edition ones.

Yep-just a regular pair (...that Ill never be able to wear again :()

Yep-just a regular pair (...that Ill never be able to wear again :()

You won't get more than what you paid for them so. I really do think you should try the shoes again though. Wear them around the house to break them in. Loubies do take a little time to break in.

Advertisement