Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camcorder software

Options
  • 25-04-2015 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Bought a 2nd hand Canon Legria FS306 camcorder which is perfect but when i want to watch the videos on my laptop they wont play so i cant therefore upload them to youtube... any help would be great please!! Laptop is using windows 7 starter .. No software discs came with camcorder so i'm wondering could this be the problem!?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm not up to speed on a lot of tech but i have some Canon stuff myself and you need the discs to install the software. If you haven't got it then the Camcorder will show up as a device on your computer but obviously it won't upload to the laptop/computer.

Check Canon's website for this software and if that fails ask whomever you bought it from because even if you can download it from the website they may request a product key.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I have a Panasonic HD AVCHD that would play movies on the camera, but not the computer.

I downloaded the VLC Media Player and can now play any format I need on the computer.

Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

According to the website the Canon software is only available for Mac OS, not Windows.

But the instruction manual says on p. 105 that the recording mode for video is standard MPEG-2 with 2-channel AC3 audio. That should play back grand on any number of media players, including VLC. What are you using?

If you want a free and fairly straightforward video editor, there's always Windows Movie Maker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

VLC or apples QuickTime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hollowpoint

peckerhead wrote: »
    According to the website the Canon software is only available for Mac OS, not Windows.

But the instruction manual says on p. 105 that the recording mode for video is standard MPEG-2 with 2-channel AC3 audio. That should play back grand on any number of media players, including VLC. What are you using?

If you want a free and fairly straightforward video editor, there's always Windows Movie Maker.

Sorry should have mention i have VLC, which is the only media player that will play it, when i include the video clips in windows movie maker it comes up as a black clip with an exclamation mark and wont play and says the project will not be completed until the clip is removed so i'm guessing it is'nt recognising the file format maybe therefore maybe canon software might be needed to import it from the camcorder and convert it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Ah. You might need some sort of converter like this? (YouTube tutorial here).

Advertisement