Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for lapua .22 Ammo Bulk

• 24-04-2015 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Specifically subsonics - looking to buy bulk in the order of 5K -does anybody know where they are in stock on the shelf?
    They will go to my local dealer for storage - he just cant source them.
    Grateful if someone knows where they are as they are very difficult to find at the moment.
    Also would be keen to try the match lapua or more expensive lapua stuff - again difficult to find!
    Thanks in advance,
    S'Doc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Buckmark1

There is .22lr lapua centre x in hilltop and john lamberts I am not sure on quantity but I would say it is less than 5k. Lapua ammo is scarce at the moment

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Milbro are the distributors. They might know who might have some left in stock.

I know DURC have had a busy year and have shot an awful lot of SK/Lapua ammunition so that won't have helped the stock levels. There aren't a huge number of people shooting match grade ammo in the country so it doesn't take much of an increase in consumption to make stocks get low.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Snake_Doctor

Thanks for the replies, lapua seems to be like gold dust at the moment, my RFD had already talked to Milbro - they are on order since last May (nearly a year now) and no signs of them coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I heard from a RFD yesterday that they will be available again in mid-June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Brian in harbor guns had bulk tins of lapua the last time I was in with him was in Feb though but hopefully he still has a load for you.

Specifically subsonics - looking to buy bulk in the order of 5K -does anybody know where they are in stock on the shelf?
    They will go to my local dealer for storage - he just cant source them.
    Grateful if someone knows where they are as they are very difficult to find at the moment.
    Also would be keen to try the match lapua or more expensive lapua stuff - again difficult to find!
    Thanks in advance,
    S'Doc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

if your ordering 5k any half decent gun shop will get them in for you when there putting in an order

daithi55 wrote: »
    if your ordering 5k any half decent gun shop will get them in for you when there putting in an order

That's normally true, but at the moment the distributor is short so their normal supply route has run dry.

Some dealers might be willing to bypass the distributor and import from a UK or other EU distributor but I'm not sure how many of them would be enthusiastic about going down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Snake_Doctor

IRLConor wrote: »
    That's normally true, but at the moment the distributor is short so their normal supply route has run dry.

Some dealers might be willing to bypass the distributor and import from a UK or other EU distributor but I'm not sure how many of them would be enthusiastic about going down that route.

At the moment - none. I have managed to track down a decent quantity of RWS - will be testing soon - but anybody got any trial of that brand?
    Made in Germany as well.

I have managed to track down a decent quantity of RWS - will be testing soon - but anybody got any trial of that brand?

RWS R50 can be good if your gun likes it. But just like ELEY Tenex/Match/etc and Lapua X-Act/Midas+/Center-X/etc it very much depends on you finding a match between it and your gun. Ammo that would shoot great in my gun might be terrible in yours or vice versa.

ELEY, Lapua and RWS are pretty much the only companies making match grade .22lr these days. It's just a question of testing all that's available and buying whatever works for your rifle.

Advertisement