Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Licence arrived! BUT!

• 15-08-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Got my licence for my .243 today at around the 8 week mark.

Well I got a licence for a CZ .243 shotgun!

Can I just ring the station and tell them to change the shotgun to rifle in the early stages instead of filling out a fca2?

Asked for 250 ammo and the famous S too so hopefully i get them aswel.

I start a new job monday though so I guess its too soon to ask for the first off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

Id call in to see the fo and explain that it says shotgun instead of rifle. Im sure its just a minor administrative issue. Like checking the rifle box instead of shotgun, new letter issues and you pay that and get the licence.
    Or if youve already paid the fee, the licence will arrive with shotgun on it. Similarly ask for ut to be amended to rifle and they can order a reprint so you get the proper licence in a few days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it's marked as shotgun on the grant letter it may or may not be on the actual license, but it'll be on PULSE.

Wait until the license comes out, then use an FCA2 Amendment form and change the details necessary to amend it from shotgun to rifle. You may receive a new license, but that is free and is done automatically.

You could also try the above and ring the FO. Have him change the details prior to the license being issued or wait until it's issued and then ring to have him change it.

Either way will work.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Ya ill give them a ring later and see what they tell me to do i suppose.

They can never got it right for me!

So far I got my first 2 licences ok, then i subbed the pump for a o/u.. Supers clerk rang and accused me of already having the o/u cos its on their system and i had it licenced and if i have a pump action i own it illegally. Turns out the FO did something arseways. but then they sent me out 2 licences for the same gun

Anyway the renewals came out for them and the shotgun is a shotgun pump action over and under, shotgun gauge..:rolleyes:

now this.

Lad, you're preaching to the choir. In the last 4+ years i've had:
    • A .22 rifle application licensed as a restricted revolver (after November 2008)
    • 13 firearms licenses when i only owned 6 guns
    • Two guns i sold, down to me even though one was exported
    • A gun still licensed to me even though two others have a license on it as a different gun because i called it a CZ, the 2nd lad a Brno, and the last lad a CZ Brno. Same caliber, serial number, etc. throughout.
    • A .308 shotgun
    • A 12 g bolt action .243 rifle
    • A silencer for my 9mm without applying for it
    • A silencer for my shotgun without applying for it
    • A license for a .22lr "suspended" as another lad had a gun with the same serial number. Even after bringing it into the station i was doubted, but no one had checked the other guy. In the end it was him at fault.
    The list goes on. Still you just have to take a deep breath, and get on with it. The law is such that the onus is on us to make sure the license is correct.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Finally got a chance to ring the FPU this morning. They said its probably a typo and will send out a new licence.

But have they access to chance it on Pulse or do I need to contact the FO for this?

Trying to meet him is another problem!

• Advertisement

The lads in the FPU are members of AN Gardaí so they can use PULSE directly.

If they say it'll be issued, it'll come directly from them. So you should be sorted.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Is there anyway to tell from the grant letter if you've been granted a silencer it do you have to wait for them to post the licence to see if the little S is printed on it.

No.

You need to wait for the actual license to arrive.

Just a side note. I've had some trouble recently with licenses. Not getting them but there seems to be an IT issue whereby the licenses are NOT being printed with the "S" on them even though the authorisation is saved on PULSE. It's taken two calls to my FO and two to the FPU and the reprinting, twice, of two of my licenses to get sorted.

So if anyone gets a license with no "S" and you applied, but were not refused chances are you are getting hit with the same problem. Another issue seems to be a serious delay between the license being granted and the printing license. Sometimes over 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rookman

I hope you get sorted soon and best of luck with the .243-i have one only its a Tikka.You cannot beat the .243 for the one rifle does all.

Advertisement