Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Seifer wrote: »
    How exactly? He said something was going to happen and nothing did? People topped up on the ramp up rumours and others sliced their profits before the non-news was confirmed.
    Seifer wrote: »
    I think you're confusing what I'm highlighting with what the company is actually doing. All I'm saying is that no one on RUM knows anything more than any standard punter.

You seem to be bringing up something else now. Yeah he basically implied we hit oil - as Thargor said that RNS more confirms than denies, you don't bring in testing equipment at 1200m of a 3000m well if you have nothing to test yet. Other things like 'highs to be tested' and 'PL has been working hard the past week for what is about to come' are him giving an opinion rather than fact and should be taken as such, people should know by now he is the most optimistic ramptistic person on RUM. People buying/selling based on RUM should learn from this - i certainly did after the Georgia fiasco. JR and Mega are without question in the know, mega more so than JR imo. But i still take everything he says with a pinch of salt and remember they are finding out some things months in advance (Colombia for instance) - he then gets excited posts on RUM and everyone expects an RNS the next day.
    alanceltic wrote: »
    Texas... If you ask me they should never have given an update on texas without having reserve numbers because the markets will ignore it completely. I am very positive on the texas situation but we will have to wait a few more weeks until it is fully quantified and only then will we see this reflected in the sp but it is definately worth a few pence by the look of things.

Trinidad... would have liked an update but it obviously wasn't ready and as said above I would rather wait until we have firm numbers to report but the constant delays here are frustrating to say the least.

They have to tell the market about Texas - re-modelling the numbers will take time. What annoyed me though is how it was just sort of thrown in there, Albrecht success was important and it was pretty much just skipped over. What ever happened to the brilliantly worded RNS PL used to give?

My guess is they will release a full T&T RNS separately due to the amount of information it is going to contain with herreras, flow rates, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RUMs closing down now apparently, Im guessing that'll be cancelled once enough people have sucked his majesties cock, just like last time and the time before that. He's a weird one that JR, definitely a successful guy but theres just something odd about him in his statements, he's the guy on the far right in this interview if you want to see what he looks like:

I doubt it will, but at the same time i hope JR stops posting as much, too many people hang on his every word and expectations are raised too unreachable levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Yup, closure of RUM now cancelled! Thagor your prediction for
    share price at the end of this week was also pretty accurate!

I think people are getting a little too excited about the test rig. If they only worried about getting a rig to the middle of Puntland after they reached depth that would be bad planning in the extreme! I am definitely just taking that RNS at face value. They are half way there, nothing exciting to report (though you could argue a plan that is still on time and on schedule is exciting for Range!).

cooperguy wrote: »

I think people are getting a little too excited about the test rig. If they only worried about getting a rig to the middle of Puntland after they reached depth that would be bad planning in the extreme! I am definitely just taking that RNS at face value. They are half way there, nothing exciting to report (though you could argue a plan that is still on time and on schedule is exciting for Range!).

The testing equipment is being flown in - the landing strip is on site. This is expensive equipment and you don't just have it sitting around for a month. They also did not need to state in the RNS they were doing this either but they chose to. Of course this guarantees nothing and it may be just in preparation for further down the line, even if they have hit it still needs flow so feet are firmly on the ground but it in the least shows how confident Hill is with what has been wire-logged so far.

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote: »
    Then I got banned straight afterwards by the pr1ck, back in now anyway. Anybody seen these Guardian articles:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/25/somalia-alshabaab-oil-west

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/25/britain-oil-dash-somalia

From this thread on RUM?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/underground-mail/t0YF8ON44fQ

These rumors are starting to sound very promising now.

DJpa0.png

Anyone else considering dumping their RMP for HRN?? Looking seriously cheap in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

Been there and done that ;)
    dumped all of my RMP @ 25p a few weeks back and bought into HRN the same day.
    Still have a small holding of range which I`m thinking of offloading for a tiny profit, just too many shares in issue and not enough out of TT, nothing so far out of Geo which now puts too much expectations on range for Puntland when the returns would dwarf that of RMP and HRN

RMP and HRN are dead if Puntland doesn't happen though aren't they?

Thargor wrote: »
    RMP and HRN are dead if Puntland doesn't happen though aren't they?

Guaranteed an execution if the first and second drills fail.
    But Range too will get a right Hammering all the way back to 3p or less even though they have much less to get out Puntland on an oil strike :D
    (And anyone who says different are seriously deluded!!!)

• Advertisement

Yeah. I won't be touching my RRL. Grecco i know T&T is slow but there is a lot there that just hasn't been announced - just wait for herreras and uc to start it'll be worth as much to RRL as Puntland imo.

Thargor yes for both (unless Georgia pulls a rabbit out of that hat for RMP). RMP trading at a 100% premium to HRN currently.

Poodles as a big RMP holder whats your thoughts?

Grecco wrote: »
    Guaranteed an execution if the first and second drills fail.

They're both funded for a third also.
    But Range too will get a right Hammering all the way back to 3p or less even though they have much less to get out Puntland on an oil strike :D
    (And anyone who says different are seriously deluded!!!)

LOL

Ok maybe not 3p but close enough to hurt :D
    Either way I will be full derisked when I offload RRL and then have a free ride on HRN

Ok maybe not 3p but close enough to hurt :D
    Either way I will be full derisked when I offload RRL and then have a free ride on HRN

No chance of dropping below 6.5p. You have to remember Texas numbers will be updated by then and the herrera CPR (big) will be out and most likely about to begin a first drill. Depends on where the share price is prior to the result but I'd be confident enough single digits won't be seen again even on a duster.

neil.p.b wrote: »
    They're both funded for a third also.

Just to clarify, RMP are fully funded for the first drill in Puntland and the second of 2 drills in Georgia ( the first hit fine-grained aphanitic Volcanic Rock which doesn`t inspire confidence in there Seismic Data).
    They have the option of participating in the second Puntland drill but with only £5.3 million cash as of 30th November 2011 where is the money going to come out of ??
    If the first Puntland drill isnt commercial then they`ll have to go to the market for more funds to participate in the second drill.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

alanceltic wrote: »
    If you are banking on Puntland I would suggest HORN is by far the better play, the stock is much less liquid than RMP or RRL but the way both of these are being manipulated/traded it probably isnt such a bad thing especially if you are holding long term

I flagged Horn as a good option a couple of weeks ago, im only sorry I didnt jump myself but i was too worred about how liquid the stock is as at the time there was little or no activity and i was afraid of not having a decent exit strategy one way or the other. It certainly is a good option IF you want full exposure to Puntland but I personally like the multi faceted dimension to Range...offshore & Columbia included! Just be careful that there are nearly as many warrants in issue as shares, do your homework brefore jumpin in!

And Grecco the RRL sp is going nowhere near 3p regardless of how puntland goes, i am with neil on this one, texas and t+t is worth 7-8p at least, the last rns was extremely upbeat on texas and the nett profit per barrell for both of these projects is extremely significant.... Given the choice its a fact that texas plus t+t has a much higher net worth as a shareholder than puntland will, puntland is seen as the jewel in the crown and does have something of an unknown value (need to see exactly how the block plays out, if it derisks) but a full valuation on the 2 current drills doesnt match the upside potential to texas and t+t in my opinon.

Just to clarify, RMP are fully funded for the first drill in Puntland and the second of 2 drills in Georgia ( the first hit fine-grained aphanitic Volcanic Rock which doesn`t inspire confidence in there Seismic Data).

New siesmics were shot and the crew which were working on the previous drill/seismics were replaced as far as i can recall so pretty much a clean slate and fresh start rather than spending good money after bad. 1 final go i rekon and then walk away if no joy.

They have the option of participating in the second Puntland drill but with only £5.3 million cash as of 30th November 2011 where is the money going to come out of ??
    If the first Puntland drill isnt commercial then they`ll have to go to the market for more funds to participate in the second drill.

Cash as of 31/12/11 was $5.8m, they've raised a further $10m today. This will fund them for the next 2 Puntland drills.

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Cash as of 31/12/11 was $5.8m,:eek::eek:

That`s less than I thought,
    Oh that's not enough by half. Further Dilution I`m afraid.

Didn't Ranges share price go sub 7p only a few weeks back and that was with Puntland still in play so to say it wouldn't drop less than on a Puntland duster is just plain wrong

Lets hope it doesn't come to that

As for Texas & TT they were worth 7-8p a year ago before the total number of shares doubled

That`s less than I thought,
    Oh that's not enough by half. Further Dilution I`m afraid.

Didn't Ranges share price go sub 7p only a few weeks back and that was with Puntland still in play so to say it wouldn't drop less than on a Puntland duster is just plain wrong
    Lets hope it doesn't come to that

As for Texas & TT they were worth 7-8p a year ago before the total number of shares doubled

I don't really mind about further dilution for rmp as i'll be switching over to HRN and they'll have buckets loads of cash when their warrants are exercised but i don't think there will be unless they strike and have further testing costs. RMPs costs are capped on Georgia, the initial Puntland drill cost them $7m, with Shabeel N site works completed it will cost less than this, as will Nugal. Current cash should be suffice.

As for RRLs share price - yes it did, but it was in a downtrend and manipulation occurring. And it won't drop below 6.5p, it's all in the chart. Have you calculated what 100ft of gross pay in Albrecht is going to do to the Texas numbers? Have you thought about how big the herrera numbers will be? Both of these will be know before final results. You still think it will drop below 6.5p?

Hopefully we never find out.

They were worth 7-8p a year ago, yes. They are worth substantially more than though thankfully.

• Advertisement

We'll know about herrera in Trinidad and the main Texas numbers before Puntland results? Is that confirmed? Thats great news, I thought they were ages away.

We'll know about herrera in Trinidad and the main Texas numbers before Puntland results? Is that confirmed? Thats great news, I thought they were ages away.

Should be within next month. Puntland results mid-late April.

Horn Petroleum has just jumped 12%.
    We spent the last 2 months as flat as a pancake with f-all volume, then yesterday a small increse in volume and today ..., Bang up we go

something is definitly brewing now :D:D:D:D

update AOI is up as well !!!!

MES up 20% aswell and they all have the volume to back it up this time. Could this finally be it do you think? :D

MES up 20% aswell and they all have the volume to back it up this time. Could this finally be it do you think? :D

I think so, HRN_V will only rise on something real. Either way I think tomorow will see big rises for RMP and RRL
    Then Hopefully HRN going Bang over the weekend!!

XTR making good noises tonight aswell, too much excitement, too many threads on too many boards to keep track of! MES gone to 27% now but it was 40% the other day and that retraced.

Strong finish on 13p, RMP, HRN and AOI flying again, our ADRs will be ready for trading in the US on Tuesday, can't complain about any of this can we? Good signs all around.

HRN up 10% again :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Good rise from RMP but as expected RRL will not see as strong a rise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

RMP up a further 9% today:):):)

• Advertisement

Yeah RMP has had a couple of really strong days.... im just a tad envious that we havent seen the same pattern with Range but I suppose thats the whole risk/reward kicking in.... I hope RRL has a bit of catching up to do as RMP & RRL have actually tracked each other from xmas for a long time. A stonking Texas update would soon see us catch up!!

Advertisement