Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Army jeeps - cool !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Silvera wrote:
    Don't forget the SAS in the UK (and many other special forces) use open Land Rovers like those pictured above, or similar jeeps.
    I think they prefer the 6x6 or is it 4x6 version.
    Silvera wrote:
    Yes, the new jeeps will probably spend most of their time on foreign ops, thats why they chose left hand drive models.
    I'm not sure if that was necessarily a consideration, the cost of customisation to RHD (is it available in RHD) and access to spare parts would have been.

Being LHD in a RHD country has advantages on narrow / windy / hilly roads where knowing where the edge of the road is, is more important than knowing where the occassional vehicle is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Silvera wrote:
    Yes, the new jeeps will probably spend most of their time on foreign ops, thats why they chose left hand drive models.

Thought about that and figure it to allow the cannon mount to the right, that way the hot shell cases will not be pouring down the drivers back, ..... which may be a welcome change from being wet and frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Hey, AMurphy, do you really have 142k on the timimg belt of your '89 Camry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

And you'd want to stop it because....?

Because it is a nice looking building

Silvera wrote:
    Hey, AMurphy, do you really have 142k on the timimg belt of your '89 Camry ?

Yes. and on the Power Steering belt also.
    Reason, I'ts a beech to get at and change, engine put in with a shoehorn. I've been meaning to get "a round tuit" for the past several years, but something always gets in the way and I rarely send stuff to the garage to get done.
    Don't lecture me, I know thin ice when I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

AMurphy wrote:
    Don't lecture me, I know thin ice when I see it.

142k !!! You're either a brave or foolish man :D

Silvera wrote:
    142k !!! You're either a brave or foolish man :D

Conducting a secret experiment for Toyota, so secret even Toyota do not know of it.....anyway, I though I asked not to lecture?.

Advertisement