Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Address at Marriage ?

• 06-12-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest anything for the bride's address ?

To put this in context it's a 1901 marriage in St. James, Dublin. The Bride is shown as a Servant, so her address might be a big house. I can see a messy Mount Brown, and it ends in terrace. For ref. I think the grooms address is 11 Redferne Terrace, Dolphin's Barn.

330794.jpg

thank you,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

Hi, in the 1911 census there's a St Johns Terrace, Mount Brown. DED: Ushers key

I think I can kind of make out St Johns in the scrawl, would be close to the Grooms address so maybe a possibility? In the 1901 census there only seems to be St. Johns S.C Road under Ushers Key.

I'm sorry I can't post a proper link:

http:// census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Usher_s_Quay/St__John_s_Terrace__Mount_Brown_/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Rox_88

Well we can't both be wrong :) I came across a thread on rootschat, it seems some of that area is missing from the online 1901 census.

w ww.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=684492.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I'd drawn a complete blank for this, and even better now two independent answers giving the same street - thank for these. I didn't spot the h ascender and the way he's linked lack to the o with an ink drop out Now that I know it all I can see St. Johns .

I've extracted some other known sections of the cert I used for reference - an S from September, and a J from John for the groom (which I should have spotted!), both have similar curls top and bottom, so looking like a good match to me. Even allowing for the rubbish letters that would make it S.J...s, so I'm happy to go with St. John's

thanks for the links. Re the 1901 census I know parts of the 1901 for Kilmainham are not online, so might also include the Mount Brown area. As far as I remember at least some of these are available in the NAI.

330884.jpg

Advertisement