Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where in Cork needs a good Gym?

• 31-07-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello :) I am trying to find a premises to put my Gym and Group Fitness Studio in Cork City and surroundings but I'm having a lot of trouble to find a good premises in a location that's not already saturated with other fitness studios. I just thought I would ask to see if anyone is in an area that needs a good gym? :) All areas considered! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Carrigtohill maybe?
    Local GAA club and Fota are the only options that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Yeah, there's no shortage of facilities in the Mahon / City Centre / Douglas area. that's where i am most familiar with.

You mention you have a gym? So is this a relocation? Bare in mind that you would probably have some of your existing clientele follow you and then obviously, you are looking to expand your footprint

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cork PT

Thanks for that. No my apologies I don't have a Gym yet so I'll be starting from scratch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

I think someone said recently that Bandon doesnt have any? Might be wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

Glanmire or Fermoy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Fermoy is screaming out for a gym,especially since the last on closed over a year ago.

If your looking for someplace closer to the city,Little Island is some place i always considered a potential hot spot.....lots of industries there,between Carrigtohill and Glanmire and just on the outskirts of the city.Plenty of units available too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

+3 on Fermoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Fermoy is screaming out for a gym,especially since the last on closed over a year ago.

If your looking for someplace closer to the city,Little Island is some place i always considered a potential hot spot.....lots of industries there,between Carrigtohill and Glanmire and just on the outskirts of the city.Plenty of units available too.

2 gyms in Little Island already

Jason1984 wrote: »
    2 gyms in Little Island already

Presumably one is the radisson what is the second?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Slobbery wrote: »
    Presumably one is the radisson what is the second?

There's a place in the Euro Business Park. Couldn't tell you the name because I was just down that way for work recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

There's a place in the Euro Business Park. Couldn't tell you the name because I was just down that way for work recently.

This place?
    http://www.dhfitness.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

No that place is in fota!

In little island there's an Educogym and Total Body Training, https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=336490159776446&_rdr

I forgot about the Radisson so I guess that's 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Jason1984 wrote: »
    No that place is in fota!

In little island there's an Educogym and Total Body Training, https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=336490159776446&_rdr

I forgot about the Radisson so I guess that's 3!

Total Body Training is the one I saw.

Radisson has a tiny weight room, I mean big enough for only 2 adults to train.As for TBT,opening times are all over the place, plus you pay in advance for 8 weeks training.They don't do monthly memberships.
    L

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

bandon and macroom are two places I can think of that doesn't have much. kinsale doesn't have much either

Thanks so much for all the suggestions :) I'm looking at Glanmire and Mayfield at the minute. It will be a group fitness gym to start and hopefully adding on an equipment gym with membership if this works and if I get some $$! Fingers crossed! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Ringaskiddy.

Place is full of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. All working shift so people coming and going all day. I know that some multinationals have gyms on site, but, I haven't heard of any of the Ringaskiddy plants having a gym.

cabledude wrote: »
    Ringaskiddy.

Place is full of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies. All working shift so people coming and going all day. I know that some multinationals have gyms on site, but, I haven't heard of any of the Ringaskiddy plants having a gym.

Great Idea

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

Slobbery wrote: »
    Great Idea
    I know. Sometimes I impress even myself. :)

I can't find any suitable (and not too expensive) units in Ringaskiddy but it is actually a really good idea! I'm looking Northside at the minute and there's a fantastic unit in the Churchfield Exchange Park but I heard it can get stinky up there sometimes from the Skip and Rubbish dump nearby? So frustrating! And I also looked at Fermoy but it looks like there's 2 gyms there? And apparently businesses don't do well in Glamire for some reason or another...

• Advertisement

2 gyms in fermoy??!!
    The gaa have a tiny one, and that's the only one I know of??

Advertisement