Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BF4 Thread

Options
  • 15-11-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

So who's going to be playing on X1 this time next week?

I have a feeling I'm going to suffer with the new easier to die damage system as I have a maximum attack playstyle so feel free to add me and I'll find all the campers & claymores ahead of you :pac:

GT: iColdFusion

I can't wait for 64 player battles with a load of friends, mayhem!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

They need to fix the game before I feel excited about moving to the X1. Sadly, it has been a major let down so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

damn, i'm jealous.. must start saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone know what's the story with the Second Assault DLC on the Xbox One.

I know it's released Friday with launch but
    1. Must you be a premium member to avail of it?
    2.Is only available for two weeks and then its officially released next year??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Anyone know what's the story with the Second Assault DLC on the Xbox One.

I know it's released Friday with launch but
    1. Must you be a premium member to avail of it?
    2.Is only available for two weeks and then its officially released next year??:confused:

What time next year? That's fairly ridiculous.

What time next year? That's fairly ridiculous.

No,found out it's available Friday on the Xbox 1 for premium members if you so choose.
    Looks so Purdy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

No,found out it's available Friday on the Xbox 1 for premium members if you so choose.
    Wow thats great, I know they have been hyping it like mad recently but I thought it would be out after China Rising at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just tried 2 games there and had to quit within a 1 minute!
    Getting some crazy lag :mad:

Can't find any servers where my ping is above 2 bars.

Game is running Perfect for myself.Alos my nat type is finally set to open after months of it being on moderate on the 360.More importantly it looks absolutely amazing on the Xbox.All the talk of resolution just goes out the window once you start playing.Only played a handful of the 64 player maps but flood zone is my Favorite so far.Every flag is like metro B flag on the 360.The attack boats are great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know can you play BF4 with your friends on Xbox one and 360? Only one of us has the Xbox one so Im sure if we can still play on the same maps?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know can you play BF4 with your friends on Xbox one and 360? Only one of us has the Xbox one so Im sure if we can still play on the same maps?

Thanks
    No, you can only message each other

• Advertisement

Anyone up for a few games today? online now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What's it like on the One lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ktulu123 wrote: »
    What's it like on the One lads?

It's deleted my single player save twice, it regularly boots you back to the dashboard and quite regularly its impossible to find a multiplayer game.
    Other than that, I'm enjoying it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Only loss about losing the single player safe is you dont have the M249 yet. Beast of a gun! Good stuff it looks decent on it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Anyone with BF4 for the PS3 and are planning to upgrade it to the PS4 version with Gamestop, get your ass into Gamestop now as today is the last day that they will do the upgrade.

Just found out myself today, cos in the small writing it says that Gamestop can change the 30 day bring it back upgrade to less than 30 days if they want.

You've been warned!!!!

mcgovern wrote: »
    It's deleted my single player save twice, it regularly boots you back to the dashboard and quite regularly its impossible to find a multiplayer game.
    Other than that, I'm enjoying it :D
    Yeah same here, the crashes are a complete WTF of sprinting along one second and then blink your on the dashboard but its still good fun.
    I'm surprised how difficult I'm finding the vehicles though, I was a total vehicle whore in BF3!

Single player is better than people are making it out to be too, am I right in saying Irish is Omar from The Wire!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Is anyone getting onto Second Assault maps with other players?
    Every game mode/server shows as zero players.

Had a look around some of the 2014 version maps but i thought as its downloadable it must be playable with others. Air Superiority says i havent downloaded the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is anyone getting onto Second Assault maps with other players?
    Every game mode/server shows as zero players.

Had a look around some of the 2014 version maps but i thought as its downloadable it must be playable with others. Air Superiority says i havent downloaded the DLC.

I dont have Second assault, but I do have china rising, Air superiority is also unavailable for me.

Edit - it says on the official website that Second assault isnt available until december 3rd although its hard to follow whats early access for premium members.

I dont have Second assault, but I do have china rising, Air superiority is also unavailable for me.

Edit - it says on the official website that Second assault isnt available until december 3rd although its hard to follow whats early access for premium members.
    Yeah i think Dec 3rd is normal release date but XB1 has two weeks early access supposedly.

Couldve got it wrong. But i could get into the maps, except for AS, just there were no players in. Was walking round on my own. May check tonight if its changed.

I had a few games of Second Assault yesterday, populated servers are hard to come by alright.

Oman is good but the sandstorm comes in too early and ruins it, stops the snipers but a good attack heli can clean up as the jets are blind.

Firestorm is okay but with added sniper nests, I would like a 3 flag version with 64 players to keep things hectic.

One round of Metro was a spawn camp fest in the tunnels but 64 players make it mayhem and its far tougher to keep them pinned.

Caspian is good aswell, better than on 360 and seems to work even with all the flags.

• Advertisement

I had a few games of Second Assault yesterday, populated servers are hard to come by alright.

Oman is good but the sandstorm comes in too early and ruins it, stops the snipers but a good attack heli can clean up as the jets are blind.

Firestorm is okay but with added sniper nests, I would like a 3 flag version with 64 players to keep things hectic.

One round of Metro was a spawn camp fest in the tunnels but 64 players make it mayhem and its far tougher to keep them pinned.

Caspian is good aswell, better than on 360 and seems to work even with all the flags.

How did you find a server? Didnt play yesterday but Tuesday there was no populated servers.

How did you find a server? Didnt play yesterday but Tuesday there was no populated servers.
    Alot of the time there are none but I just filtered the four maps and conquest and got lucky. The empty spaces filter doesn't work very well so I usually leave them all unticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Explains why the Second assault servers are always empty. So much for the 2 week Xbox One exclusivity.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-investigating-unavailable-battlefield-4-dlc-on-xbox-one/1100-6416485/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

having issues logging into the battlelog app with my origins account. The app says you can scan in a QR code from the game. Anyone see where this code is ?

Second assault maps are working.I've been in them a few times.nicely revamped they are

Hotel Oman at flag E now has an elevator inside and a .50 sniper with long range scope on the roof :pac:

Played a few more rounds of Metro, yeah its still a complete grenade spam fest, the new side corridors are the worst for it!

Anybody looking for the hidden Caspian tunnel the vid is here, its a great route for flanking from the US side in pretty much the reverse of that vid and getting the tags of someone arming the tower bomb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I want to start adding more people on my friends list who are playing BF4 on the Xbox One.

Pop me a friends request:
    My xbox live gamertag is FAILSAFE 00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Are folks having issues with losing connection to conquest games? Every other mode is fine but after 4 or 5 minutes I always get disconnected :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

calex71 wrote: »
    Are folks having issues with losing connection to conquest games? Every other mode is fine but after 4 or 5 minutes I always get disconnected :(

Only got my box today, and yes.. if I get into a game I stay in till it picks a new map and the
    I get kicked :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I want to start adding more people on my friends list who are playing BF4 on the Xbox One.

Pop me a friends request:
    My xbox live gamertag is FAILSAFE 00

I'll fire off a request later.

Advertisement