Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Oh my god!! I thought I was the only one with the retching and random tiny weeing of myself. I'm still getting sick and I always have to pee first while retching and then get sick when I'm done. I was just thinking last night I was like an old woman. You've already had a baby as well, this is my first - what's my excuse for the peeing?!!

Cute that your son has an inkling - I bet he's right!

Ladies start doing those pelvic floor exercises that should help :D although i am one to preach, i have only started doing them regularly in the last week and im at 33 weeks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I gave birth by c-section so down below should not have been affected, though I have noticed this time I can not do pelvic floor muscle exercises as well, so I may need to set reminders on my phone to practise them more, they may help me. But yes, I find I am peeing before I ever do anything that will take more than a few minutes so if I do retch, I won't pee. It's never a lot, just a bit, but still, I am in my 20's, that is something my 92 year old nan with 14 kids doesn't do!

Yeah, kids know things we don't, so I'll go with him on this. Only thing is the two names, my partner came up with them and I love them, we just can't decide. The joys of impending parenthood.

You must feel so crappy still being sick. Tomorrow I am 16 weeks so I am still in the "sick zone". You are well past it now. xx

Ah, it's only once or twice a day now and only really when I've an emptier tummy so it's not too bad - especially compared to what it was!

16 weeks means you're probably nearly there, 17 weeks was when it stopped being really bad for me. Except now they think I'm earlier to maybe it was 16 weeks it turned!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Just to put you at ease...my Pilates instructor said peeing/incontinence is due to the hormone relaxin and doesn't mean your pelvic floor muscles are not working. Peeing a little when sneezing, vomiting etc is because muscles are more relaxed than usual. Should go back to normal once baby is born. Apparently quite common. But we should still be doing our pelvic floor exercises :) although I'm crap at remembering to do them.

elly123 wrote: »
    Ladies start doing those pelvic floor exercises that should help :D although i am one to preach, i have only started doing them regularly in the last week and im at 33 weeks.....

I know - I really need to. What am I going to be like after I give birth if I'm like this now?!!

Blueskye wrote: »
    Just to put you at ease...my Pilates instructor said peeing/incontinence is due to the hormone relaxin and doesn't mean your pelvic floor muscles are not working. Peeing a little when sneezing, vomiting etc is because muscles are more relaxed than usual. Should go back to normal once baby is born. Apparently quite common. But we should still be doing our pelvic floor exercises :) although I'm crap at remembering to do them.

oh thank god! :D

• Advertisement

Blueskye wrote: »

I am glad to hear that it is not only down to our pelvic floor muscles :)
    I downloaded a free app on my phone and only for it i would completely forget to do them.
    I had a physio class on Monday and it was pretty much based on pelvic floor muscles and exercising them. I am sure most people know how to check if they are contracting the correct muscles (stopping urine mid-flow) she said you can always insert a finger and you should feel the muscles tense up. i find when im doing them i tense my shoulders up..... but i suppose they are important to do otherwise they wouldn't be advising us to do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was told by hospital Physio never to do pelvic floor muscles when peeing as it can lead to problems because you're not emptying your bladder properly. She said its best to do them at regular times each day so maybe when you're commuting to/from work or at a specific time.

I was told by hospital Physio never to do pelvic floor muscles when peeing as it can lead to problems because you're not emptying your bladder properly. She said its best to do them at regular times each day so maybe when you're commuting to/from work or at a specific time.

Yeah i was told the same, what i meant was that stopping the urine mid flow lets you know your using the right muscles if your unsure but you should not actually exercise the muscles when going the loo.
    The hosp physio also said that if you generally hover when going to the loo you more than likely wont empty your bladder where as if you sit on the loo you will (i never sit on a public toilet i just remember my mam when we were kids telling us never to sit on a public toilet because of germs etc)

I am so so so ****ing pissed off. ON top of being pukey and feeling exhausted all the time my baby brain is taking on new levels. I don't know whether I'm coming or going and I'm so forgetful. Being so knackered all the time doesn't help.

Tonight, I left my new iphone on my desk at work and went home without it. Now I'm worried someone will swipe it before I'm in again in the morning. I've only had it three weeks and hadn't got round to getting insurance yet :mad:

I rang security to ask them to pick it up but he can't leave his hut, he said it would be safe because only the cleaners are in there and then he's locking up but it's the cleaners I'm worried about! I live an hour from work so can't pop in and check either.

I'm just fed up of feeling like crap and now turning into a terrible Mrs Forgetful Pants. I feel like half my brain is gone :mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I hear ya murdy! I'm totally airy fairy now!! I hope ur phone doesn't go missing!

Had totally crap day today - work was so busy - didn't get lunch til 3.45 at which point I ate a sandwich whilst standing in the corner for 2 mins! Then had to run to tesco as literally had zero food in the house and had to cook something for the little one! She is now sick or teething - not sure which bit she's all snotty and cranky and irritable!
    Only just getting to sit down now and my sides and actually whole belly and back are aching. I actually ended up with diarrhea today because I had cramps from over doing it :( TMI sorry!! Lol . Feel as stretched and heavy now at 28 weeks as I did at 38 last time! Spd starting to rear its ugly head again and was waddling around tesco clinging onto the trolly for support :(
    Was dragging my feet around work all day and had to apologies to the girls as I think they thought I was being lazy but I literally just couldn't separate my legs anymore from the pain in my pelvis! I've another 10 weeks work left and I just can't bear the thoughts of it! Last time the spd made me stop working at 32 weeks, I really can't afford to do that this time. Right now I want to cry :(

God I love this moan thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Murdy, seriously praying it is still there in a morning.

Dublinlady, you poor thing :( and don't worry about TMI, pregnancy takes all that away, we are all going through something that is seen to many as TMI. The one thing you need to be allowed do is rest off your feet and get some good food into you. You didn't get either.

This thread is a godsend. Just being able to let rip on a bad day. Pregnancy on a good day can actually be really nice, but on a bad day, it is a hell on earth.

Murdy, seriously praying it is still there in a morning.

Dublinlady, you poor thing :( and don't worry about TMI, pregnancy takes all that away, we are all going through something that is seen to many as TMI. The one thing you need to be allowed do is rest off your feet and get some good food into you. You didn't get either.

This thread is a godsend. Just being able to let rip on a bad day. Pregnancy on a good day can actually be really nice, but on a bad day, it is a hell on earth.

Oh it's so nice to be able moan without having to do it in 'real life' ! I feel like my hubbie sick if my moaning so I'm trying to keep it to a minimum... Saving up my allowance for another few weeks ;)

Thanks for the sympathy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ok I'm here to have a moan too. I'm 36 weeks on fri, was in work at 8am today, came home and ate something quick and then worked again until 8:30. Between work and the heartburn at night I'm just exhausted this week :( AND I can't even sit comfortably on the couch with the pain in my back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was exhausted all day, got hot flushes after lunch, had a sore back since I woke up, sciatic pain, feel like I've got dementia as I keep forgetting things and have started feeling breathless and am getting palpations. All in all just a regular day for a pregnant woman!

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow so almost at the 30 week mark.

It is great having a moan thread, especially as I'm like a demon already today. I have serious rage :mad:

My phone was on my desk though so I should be pleased! Thank god, I'm going to buy the gadget insurance now. I hate being so jelly brained. I'm normally really on to it.

I just feel so hormonal, I had serious road rage on the way in (why are there so many assholes on the road) and had an awful night's sleep full of nightmares and waking up and am knackered. Came in to work to a load of emails from my manager firing stuff at me with stupid questions. If I saw him for even 5 minutes a day and got to have a conversation with him then we wouldn't need to do that. Grrr! Angry MurdyWurdy!! :mad::(

Still, only today and tomorrow for this week and then I only have one more week of work left and can stay at home in my little cocoon if I want! Thank god I'm a position to give up work early, I couldn't keep going like this for much longer, being a walking, pukey zombie with a jelly brain!

Hope everyone is in good form today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

DL I am convinced SPD is the work of the devil. I feel like I'm 27 going on 97. It is so draining physically and mentally not being able to get to A to B like a normal person although my consultant assured me the pain will dissapear after the birth.... Mind yourself.

YH hope you feel better today, those hours are crazy for someone 36 weeks pregnant!! Take it easy on yourself.... Although I know we sometimes have no choice! P.s cannot believe you are 36 weeks.... Almost there :)

It is great having a moan thread, especially as I'm like a demon already today. I have serious rage :mad:

My phone was on my desk though so I should be pleased! Thank god, I'm going to buy the gadget insurance now. I hate being so jelly brained. I'm normally really on to it.

I just feel so hormonal, I had serious road rage on the way in (why are there so many assholes on the road) and had an awful night's sleep full of nightmares and waking up and am knackered. Came in to work to a load of emails from my manager firing stuff at me with stupid questions. If I saw him for even 5 minutes a day and got to have a conversation with him then we wouldn't need to do that. Grrr! Angry MurdyWurdy!! :mad::(

Still, only today and tomorrow for this week and then I only have one more week of work left and can stay at home in my little cocoon if I want! Thank god I'm a position to give up work early, I couldn't keep going like this for much longer, being a walking, pukey zombie with a jelly brain!

Hope everyone is in good form today :)

So glad your phone was there Murdy, that would have been a right pain. I'd rather the e-mails, these days it's hard to pretend to be a people person all the time. Exhausted today, and one of the other mother's in the pre-school offered me a lift and it is so hard to even pretend to be in the mood to talk when you're only in the mood for sleep.

I was like that the other day when I was getting my nails done. I just couldn't make conversation with the manicurist. Luckily she's had kids and understood so told me to close my eyes and she'd tell when she was done :)

Seriously, finishing up at work can not come soon enough. People are drivng me mad today!!

I was like that the other day when I was getting my nails done. I just couldn't make conversation with the manicurist. Luckily she's had kids and understood so told me to close my eyes and she'd tell when she was done :)

Seriously, finishing up at work can not come soon enough. People are drivng me mad today!!

I know, I was booking my son's party over the phone there and when the girl was doing a noise as she scanned through the bookings book, I was fit to snap. On the up side, got a party sorted. Now I am freaking out about costs. Kids are expensive little things!!!! (no it hasn't taken me 4 years to notice!!!)

Yeah for the phone not being robbed!!!

Digs I know.... I thought I had escaped it this time.... Then remembered it only kicked in around now last time ! Grr! Every movement is painful... Waddling way more than necessary at this stage!! And look like I'm constantly dragging my feet - making that irritating shoe dragging noise just cos to move then more hurts!
    It's right tho digs _ I had zero pain after the baby was born - alcho the section may have distracted me from it!!!

• Advertisement

Okay, I feel bad for even typing this, but if I don't rant on this I am terrified I will take it out on my son

I love him, more than I thought humanly possible, but the last two days he is constantly getting on my last nerve. He is not being bold, he's not wrecking the house, he is just talking non-stop. Now I spent 3 years and 4 months with him being quiet so I know I should be grateful there was nothing wrong, but he is like a radio that will not turn off and stuck on loud. Everything he says, he repeats until he is sure you are listening and every two minutes, "what does that say?" "What is he saying?" And half the time I am zoning out the noise and if I don't answer he gets annoyed. I know it is trivial, but when you're exhausted it wears on you. He is such a great kid, so I know the problem is me, my hormones and other pregnancy related crap.

Also TMI, My nether regions are always throbbing and sore. It feels like it is all swollen, v annoying!

I just need to relax, thankfully he is watching Toy Story for a while so I can get some work done.

It actually worked, I just spilt a full drink all over the counter and didn't get mad or freak out, it is amazing how a little rant can actually make you a better parent because you relieve yourself of the negativity.

Okay, I feel bad for even typing this, but if I don't rant on this I am terrified I will take it out on my son

I love him, more than I thought humanly possible, but the last two days he is constantly getting on my last nerve. He is not being bold, he's not wrecking the house, he is just talking non-stop. Now I spent 3 years and 4 months with him being quiet so I know I should be grateful there was nothing wrong, but he is like a radio that will not turn off and stuck on loud. Everything he says, he repeats until he is sure you are listening and every two minutes, "what does that say?" "What is he saying?" And half the time I am zoning out the noise and if I don't answer he gets annoyed. I know it is trivial, but when you're exhausted it wears on you. He is such a great kid, so I know the problem is me, my hormones and other pregnancy related crap.

Also TMI, My nether regions are always throbbing and sore. It feels like it is all swollen, v annoying!

I just need to relax, thankfully he is watching Toy Story for a while so I can get some work done.

It actually worked, I just spilt a full drink all over the counter and didn't get mad or freak out, it is amazing how a little rant can actually make you a better parent because you relieve yourself of the negativity.

I can completely understand, of course you love your son but at that age they are hard work! I know I am so exhausted I could just scream and I couldn't imagine if I had a little one already wanting my attention, it must be really difficult. Glad the Toy Story break worked :)

I'm starting to feel like I'll never feel normal again. Some of the girls at work went off down to town to Penneys at lunchtime and asked me to go with them but I just don't have the energy. I was watching them go off thinking will I ever feel like I have the energy to do normal things again :(

Maybe when I'm off work I will. I feel better just for saying it. It is great to come in here and have a moan - thanks ladies :)

I can completely understand, of course you love your son but at that age they are hard work! I know I am so exhausted I could just scream and I couldn't imagine if I had a little one already wanting my attention, it must be really difficult. Glad the Toy Story break worked :)

I'm starting to feel like I'll never feel normal again. Some of the girls at work went off down to town to Penneys at lunchtime and asked me to go with them but I just don't have the energy. I was watching them go off thinking will I ever feel like I have the energy to do normal things again :(

Maybe when I'm off work I will. I feel better just for saying it. It is great to come in here and have a moan - thanks ladies :)

The no energy thing is the worst, I need to go to the Leisure Plex and pay the deposit for his birthday, but that is a 20 min bus journey and I couldn't do it if I tried, the thought of a bus and him begging to go to the play area, then McDonalds, I swear I couldn't.

I am sipping on a can of coke here to get some caffeine in, I miss my energy drinks, which I know were terrible for me, but still I felt I could do things with it. But I'll get there.

I have the kitchen, sitting room, one bedroom and the bathroom scrubbed and hoovered, but I swear it is only because I want to relax with a DVD tonight, only thing is I'll be too tired for it now, Pregnant bdays are crap!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I've suffered with depression for the last year or so, I was on tablets and was doing fine until I found out i was pregnant. I stopped taking them as I didn't want to harm the baby. The doctor said it's up to me, that if i feel i'm doing ok, to come off them. But now I feel like I'm slipping back and it terrifies me. A lot happened in the last year, my friends weren't very supportive and I'm so scared it will happen again this time. I feel isolated from them all because they're still living their lives and i feel like mine has ended. Two friends are touring america and another is doing the walk from spain to portugal. and i'll be stuck at home with a baby. i can't help but feel sorry for myself :( the thought of having to go back on my meds upsets me because i was doing so well and it feels like a failure :( but i just can't cope with the constant crying, exhaustion and paranoia... but what if something happened to the baby? I'd forever feel guilty of thinking of myself instead of the baby :(
    I'm in counselling and I've an appointment with the mental health clinic in holles st.. I just feel like I should be happy but all i feel is numb. I'm just lost at the moment :(

Did the doctor say they are safe to take when pregnant? Did you read up on it etc?

If you're happy that they are safe then I see no reason why you couldn't take them again. Personally, I would. I understand that you maybe feel it is a step back as you were doing so well but pregnancy messes us all up - there's so many pregnancy hormones floating around and you're tired all the time. It's hard on everyone, even if you haven't suffered from depression in the past. Sure, I'm not myself at all either - I feel like I'll never be well again and it really gets on top of you. I feel like I should be really happy all the time too and I am thrilled and excited but it takes it's toll on you too and that affects you mentally, definitely. It's not easy :)

I think you'd be doing more harm to the baby but being miserable and not looking after yourself then by taking the antidepressants. You need to be healthy for your little one :) I'm trying to remember that too because I've been really hard on myself for being a pukey mcpukerson. I keep comparing myself to women who find pregnancy really easy but I'm trying to remember that the world doesn't work that way, we're all different and react to it in different ways.

Sounds like you're really low at the moment anyway so look after yourself!

When I went to the midwife two weeks ago, she said they were ok, and that they'd rather i take them then have anything happen to me (like that poor woman in howth). I guess it's a comfort to know i can go back on them, but i will be worrying about the baby. I'm going to ring up my gp this week anyway and see what he says. Because i think i might need to start taking them soon. The hospital appointment isn't until the 1st March.

Thanks for your support anyway! I'll do my best to look after myself for the baby.

loubian wrote: »
    When I went to the midwife two weeks ago, she said they were ok, and that they'd rather i take them then have anything happen to me (like that poor woman in howth). I guess it's a comfort to know i can go back on them, but i will be worrying about the baby. I'm going to ring up my gp this week anyway and see what he says. Because i think i might need to start taking them soon. The hospital appointment isn't until the 1st March.

Thanks for your support anyway! I'll do my best to look after myself for the baby.

Going to the GP sounds like a good idea - even just to talk it through and that you'd be worried taking them etc. Have you got a good GP?

Hope you feel better soon anyway :)

Yeh, he's a good gp! Thanks for your help

loubian wrote: »
    Yeh, he's a good gp! Thanks for your help

No problem - it's good to have a moan and let it all out. :) Glad that you have a good GP. That makes a big difference, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Definitely go back on them, loubin.

They wouldn't tell you they were okay to take if they weren't.

I'm depressive too, but thankfully I don't have to take medication at the moment. I'll be going to my psychotherapist in a few months though as I hit such a low last time after my pregnancy that I was suicidal. Definitely going to deal with it head on this time.

Advertisement