Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi3 Owners Thread - tips, tricks, updates and everything eles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I sprang for the 64gb, but would have been happy with 32gb if that had been an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

spix wrote: »
    The mi3 has a single partition, so whatever storage is left after the system reserve can be used for anything.

Ah Jesus that'll fit perfect! I was expecting a 1 or 2 GB partition. I'll be joining you in a few weeks with my shiny new Mi3 :D Now to decide on Black or Silver....

Ah Jesus that'll fit perfect! I was expecting a 1 or 2 GB partition. I'll be joining you in a few weeks with my shiny new Mi3 :D Now to decide on Black or Silver....

If the 59.4gb out of 64gb that I have available is anything to go by, you may have about 10gb available out of that 16gb. Can the 16gb-ers on here confirm if that's the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

corwill wrote:
    If the 59.4gb out of 64gb that I have available is anything to go by, you may have about 10gb available out of that 16gb. Can the 16gb-ers on here confirm if that's the case?

13.39gb out of 16gb available for me anyway

Colemania wrote: »
    13.39gb out of 16gb available for me anyway

That's actually really good, compared to some of the traditional flagships' 16gb editions.

• Advertisement

Since the update I'm not receiving all my texts. It says it's delivered on the other persons phone but I don't get it

Since the update I'm not receiving all my texts. It says it's delivered on the other persons phone but I don't get it

Are you using the stock sms app or something you downloaded?

corwill wrote:
    Are you using the stock sms app or something you downloaded?

Using gosms pro but i can still view messages in the other app and they're not showing there either

Using gosms pro but i can still view messages in the other app and they're not showing there either

I had a similar problem last week when using 8sms. I went back to the stock sms as default, it doesn't appear to have arisen since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ George Rancid Literature

corwill wrote: »
    I had a similar problem last week when using 8sms. I went back to the stock sms as default, it doesn't appear to have arisen since.

Just got a text on the stock sms so no problem here
    I'm liking the new UI.

• Advertisement

I'm liking the new UI.

Me too, it's noticeably quicker and smoother, and the interface is cleaner and less cluttered. Seems to manage RAM a lot better.

It's a ferocious rip off of iOS7, though, pretty hilariously so.

For those MiUi v6 users who want a bit more functionality on the lockscreen, look out for a theme called "MiUi 6" in the Themes store (as opposed to the default that comes with MiUi v6). With it, in the mid point of the screen, you can swipe from left to right to open the dialler app, from right to left to open sms, and a tap in the middle of the screen brings up audio player controls.

Unless, of course, they were already there, and I just hadn't noticed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks, Price wise, wheres the best place to buy one

Thanks

k123456 wrote: »

Thanks

m.aliexpress.com/item/1556156231.html

Cheapest I could find anywhere, 217 with DHL, and maybe 30 for customs? Aparantly FedEx don't add customs, I think that's an option with this seller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

m.aliexpress.com/item/1556156231.html

Cheapest I could find anywhere, 217 with DHL, and maybe 30 for customs? Aparantly FedEx don't add customs, I think that's an option with this seller

Fedex do add customs, it's only this seller that has the customs free option with fedex as they ship to themselves in the UK first

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-Original-Xiaomi-M3-Mi3-WCDMA-3G-Qualcomm-800-Quad-Core-2-3GHz-Mobile-Phone-2GB/1153179_1780359776.html

k123456 wrote: »

Thanks

I got it from ibuygou.com for 230 through DHL in 4 days and no customs

Fedex do add customs, it's only this seller that has the customs free option with fedex as they ship to themselves in the UK first

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-Original-Xiaomi-M3-Mi3-WCDMA-3G-Qualcomm-800-Quad-Core-2-3GHz-Mobile-Phone-2GB/1153179_1780359776.html

Ah okay, I read wrong in the other thread then. That would make your link among the cheapest 16gb anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi all

Got my 1S the other day. Whats the easiest way to root it, not too up to speed on these things.

Also having problems downloading my apps in play store, it attempts to start downloading but doesn't go anywhere. Is this connected to the lack of root or another issue.

Apologies for the probably basic questions. Hope you can help.

Thanks
    Bull

4.9.5 just got pushed to me OTA.

Trying to find a case to buy for the mi3 but none seem to have the secondary mic hole in the right place. Apparently there is 2 variations of the mi3, one has the secondary mic right next to the earphone jack. The other has it on the opposite side, and a tertiary beside the camera. Which version have you guys got?

• Advertisement

Trying to find a case to buy for the mi3 but none seem to have the secondary mic hole in the right place. Apparently there is 2 variations of the mi3, one has the secondary mic right next to the earphone jack. The other has it on the opposite side, and a tertiary beside the camera. Which version have you guys got?

The latter, if that's what those four little holes the far side of the Sim tray from the headphone jack are.

The latter, if that's what those four little holes the far side of the Sim tray from the headphone jack are.

Yep that's what they are. You also got one to the right of the camera?

Seems very difficult to find a case with the correct cutouts for this version.

Yep that's what they are. You also got one to the right of the camera?

Seems very difficult to find a case with the correct cutouts for this version.

The hard case I bought with it doesn't cover the mics. I'll have a look at the tpu case later to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭unaaine

Today received my Mi3 ordered from the Xiaomishop.eu on Monday eve. 3 x chargers adapters supplied - 1 x Chinese and 1 x EU adapter it fits in to. One car charger also. Probably won't use them as as will plug the micro usb lead supplied into my usb plug. I'd post a pic of chargers plus accessories but am not allowed as I'm new.

Happy with length of time from ordering to delivery. Paid a little extra (maybe €25) through Xiaomishop.eu but worth it for hassle free delivery and no worries re customs charges. DHL tracking showed phone was picked in a facility in Italy, before going through Germany, the UK and then Ireland. Not bad in ust over 3 days :)

4.9.5 just got pushed to me OTA.

Haven't noticed any real changes. :shrugs:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Is there a windscreen mount for the Mi3 , that people would recommend, one that holds the phone snugly

Is it possible to flash the official miui india rom on the chinese mi3? It would have play store preinstalled, no chinese apps and working OTA

Getting to know my new Mi3, really enoying it but know almost next to nothing about ROMs and flashing etc. except what I've been reading on this forum. Phone purchased from Xiaomishop.eu, so english language version with no chinese apps installed. I'm wondering whether I should / how I update to the latest MIUI stable rom? There doesn't seem to be an OTA updater on my phone. If I go into settings - and select Android Version (4.3 LS36C), I get a message to say 'no need, you are already a developer'. Hope this makes sense as I'm on an acute learning curve here, but dont think I have the latest MIUI ROM?

unaaine wrote: »
    Getting to know my new Mi3, really enoying it but know almost next to nothing about ROMs and flashing etc. except what I've been reading on this forum. Phone purchased from Xiaomishop.eu, so english language version with no chinese apps installed. I'm wondering whether I should / how I update to the latest MIUI stable rom? There doesn't seem to be an OTA updater on my phone. If I go into settings - and select Android Version (4.3 LS36C), I get a message to say 'no need, you are already a developer'. Hope this makes sense as I'm on an acute learning curve here, but dont think I have the latest MIUI ROM?

When you go to settings -> about phone what does it say under Miui version?

My mi3 came rooted with chinese apps removed. They also removed the inbuilt updater app (presumably so people don't accidentally update and loose playstore)

It's on a pretty old miui version though. Want to update it as I'm noticing some small bugs. I think updating to the malaysia rom will be best as it only has english/chinese/malay languages and comes with all google apps preinstalled.

• Advertisement

When you go to settings -> about phone what does it say under Miui version?

My mi3 came rooted with chinese apps removed. They also removed the inbuilt updater app (presumably so people don't accidentally update and loose playstore)

It's on a pretty old miui version though. Want to update it as I'm noticing some small bugs. I think updating to the malaysia rom will be best as it only has english/chinese/malay languages and comes with all google apps preinstalled.

MIUI Version is 4.3.14. I'm pretty sure my updater app has been removed too. If I did update the ROM and I'm really reluctant to do this manually, for fear of destroying my new phone, would any apps & data I've already installed be removed? Do I download an updater app from the playstore?

Advertisement