Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paypal announcement imminent

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Tisn't

but if we are whinging why a corner of the country feels it needs inward investment due simply to number of years elapsed, then Limerick certainly shouldnt feel all THAT put out.

Well once factor might be that the amount of people unemplyed in Limerick city alone comes to almost six times the population of Cavan town.

Plus the % of people unemployed in Cavan stands at 14.5% (January figures) whereas in Limerick the rate is 21.5%

Then again it is a Limerick forum so most of the folks on here will be more concerned with emplyment in this neck of the woods, and I would expect folk in Cavan to be more concerned with their unemployment than that of Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

vkid wrote: »
    You know what, Willie O'Dea is irrelevant and should be treated as such.

FG/Labour are in power 12 months and nothing has been done to tackle the jobs problem...that is all that matters. Pointing back at FF and WOD is getting really tiresome in this country. Not just on here but from members of the current government as well. Throwing crap at what went before just isn't good enough. True enough the previous government wrecked the place but that is not an excuse that should be accepted by anyone for any longer.
    The finance minister of the country is from Limerick and Jan O'Sullivan is a super duper junior minister. Both are getting very well paid to represent both their ministries and just as important the people of Limerick who voted for them...its about time they started doing something for their very large-pay packets. Some serious questions should be asked of the government and the IDA,.

I disagree.

I believe it is very important to remind O Dea of his past failures, and to remind this government that this region has been forgotten about for the last 15 years.
    If we had got jobs over the last 14 years, I don't think too many here would be complaining that we have got nothing in a year. It's what happened in the Celtic Tiger is the reason why this city is in tatters.

Advertisement