Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Late Late Show 4th Feb 2011

Options
  • 03-02-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

One of the show's guests will be Vicka, one of the "visionaries" of Medjugorje.

Unfortunately, we can expect yet another uncritical reception from Ryan, and Vicka - and her supporters in the audience - will invariably be given free reign to peddle their supernatural agenda.

Wouldn't it be great if just this once the LLS producers would get someone like Mick Nugent of Atheist Ireland to give the skeptical viewpoint?

Ain't gonna happen though, I expect.

Regards,

Fnergg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Fnergg wrote: »
    One of the show's guests will be Vicka, one of the "visionaries" of Medjugorje.

Unfortunately, we can expect yet another uncritical reception from Ryan, and Vicka - and her supporters in the audience - will invariably be given free reign to peddle their supernatural agenda.

Wouldn't it be great if just this once the LLS producers would get someone like Mick Nugent of Atheist Ireland to give the skeptical viewpoint?

Ain't gonna happen though, I expect.

Regards,

Fnergg

JonathanAnon is supposed to do the first LLS post :mad:

And he posts ALL the guests :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

amdublin wrote: »

I don't mind who does it but the first post should contain a list of guests

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

amdublin wrote: »

epic-facepalm.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't mind who does it but the first post should contain a list of guests
    Aidric wrote: »
    epic-facepalm.gif

Oh c'moin you guys!!!

I was being ironic. Obviously.

I thought you knew me better than that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's okay the sheriff is back .. :cool:
    Doing homework for the Late Late Show. Guests include Maura Tierney (ER, Primary Colours and other stories) and BBC's Fergal Keane.

Did anybody hear the newsreader calling Tubridy "Dumbo" today on the radio show.. I'd say she was handed her cards shortly after the show by Golden Boy's handlers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I wonder who's Disease of the week?

Poly wrote: »

We have gone through quite a few diseases this season:D

I was trying to find out this too Poly.. A friend of mine was on the radio the other day.. I knew him ten years ago and he has written a book about a tragedy in his life... got the shock of my life when I heard him.. He certainly fits that section of the show that seems to now be a mainstay, so I'm wondering if he will be on this week or in the coming week.

We have gone through quite a few diseases this season:D

could be DLB and his oversized ears:D

could be DLB and his oversized ears:D

Think he might go Tropical this week,a snake bite leading to an amputation leading to a book

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Ardal O'Hanlon is another guest tonight, according to Mr Tubridy on the radio.

While I'm here ..
    Former 'ER' star Maura Tierney will be among Ryan Tubridy's guests on 'The Late Late Show' on Friday night.

The actress, who is making her Irish stage debut in 'God of Carnage' at the Gate Theatre, will be joined by co-star Ardal O'Hanlon.

Also joining Tubridy will be journalist Fergal Keane, who will be discussing his new series and book 'The Story of Ireland', and Tony Blair's former Director of Communications and Strategy, Alastair Campbell, who will analyse the upcoming General Election.

Music comes from Mary Coughlan and US country act Sugarland.

'The Late Late Show' is on RTÉ One on Friday night at 9:35pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maura Tierney has recovered from breast cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

i find myself not caring whats on each week now which i thought would never happen. its gone to hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fergal Keane

2013_6beb.jpeg?1280686987

Well the good news is that we have Vinny on a TV3 special at 11.30pm. I really don't see why TV3 should be running scared of RTE, Vinny would beat DLB in any rating war imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Alastair Campbell must have another book out so.

presumably Tubs will spend 5mins asking Maura Tierney about her "very irish name" :rolleyes:

typical muck on the music front too.

lots of stuff on the sky box so won't be bothered watching LLS tonight.

Alastair Campbell must have another book out so.
    Was he not on recently?

Latest from our hero:
    About to do a briefing on Alistair Campbell (on the show tonight) with Lord Tweetingham, our LLS Tweet-meister.

Such a pity there was nobody around him when he was young to hit his a slap when he came out with nonsense like the above.. I never copped it before when it was mentioned on boards.ie radio forum, but it IS like he models himself on Alan Partridge..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Wonder if any of the guests have any close dead relatives that DLB can ask about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The latest Tubridy vodcast...

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maura Tierney has recovered from breast cancer

I think we have a winner ...
    On July 13, 2009, it was announced that Tierney would have surgery to remove a tumor from her breast.[17][18] On September 10, 2009, it was announced that she had left the cast of Parenthood owing to schedule conflicts with her cancer treatments and would not be returning to the show. Lauren Graham replaced her.[19]

On January 27, 2010, her publicist revealed that she had finished treatment and was going back to work, signing up to star in a stage play.[20]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maura_Tierney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This weeks line up is even more depressing than last weeks so I will definitely be giving the LLS a miss tonight.

Alistair Campbell is a very interesting person with the right interviewer i cant imagine the ways in which Tubirty will ruin this guests appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Campbell has a new book out.

He appears on the show once every months.

Alastair Campbell was a guest on The Late Late Show in May 2010

Ardal O'Hanlon was last on in January 2010.

I don't think either of them have done much in the interim to warrant a return visit (other than having new things to promote)

Still, it was them or get someone on from Boyzone for their fortnightly appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

when is pj gallagher/jason byrne/des bishop back anyone know yet?? soon id say.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is Bernie Flint providing the music tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Alistair Campbell is a very interesting person with the right interviewer i cant imagine the ways in which Tubirty will ruin this guests appearance
    true. but with tubbs....

actually not a bad mix, taking all the guests into account. - sorry thought helen mirren was a guest.

tubbs will be patronising to the vision folk i would imagine.

pity there's not someone capable hosting the LL.

anyway, Charlie Bronson is doing his chato thing on tg4, so i'll be flicking. ye'all let me know when campbell is on, and mirren - although it'll be cringy watching the DLB interviewing someone of that intelligence.

wait, helen mirren on graham norton i think around 11.30. getting mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Shane10 wrote: »
    when is pj gallagher/jason byrne/des bishop back anyone know yet?? soon id say.....:rolleyes:

Not until he has run out of Irish rugby players and Fiann Fáil frontbenchers. At least Brendan O'Carroll is back to the end of the "comedian" queue.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Shane10 wrote: »

Let's not forget the delightful Mario Rosenstock. :rolleyes:

Advertisement