Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I dont know much about Columbia. How much oil is in place? How far from drilling etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

What I don't understand from yesterday's news is the need to issue another 150m shares to raise £18.75m, even though 100m have been placed with investors with some relevant expertise, it may be strategic but it still dilutes the value of the shares and any potential discovery surely.

Even if they need the funds for Colombia (or wherever), they are planning on selling Texas and possibly using that money in a share buyback scheme, so why didn't they just use that money to fund Colombia and still have dosh left over for the share buyback.

$80m is a figure (lower end maybe) being mentioned for Texas, would buy back 400m shares roughly at today's price.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Texas sale won't be until Q3, probably Q4 knowing RRL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jennythekid

HRN taking a bit of a kicking today :mad: i wonder are they going to fall back with RMP?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fecks sake, are we heading back to the 12.25p placing price? Treeshake before good news or bad news leaking?

• Advertisement

Chart i posted on world stocks

http://www.screencast.com/t/STWEKVVF

Very straight forward - back down to lower channel line. RSI back down to support line (although slightly breached - not a major concern yet). Red day Monday and i'd be worried, purely from a TA point of view. I'm obviously biased but i suspect we'll bounce, further strengthening the channel line and our uptrend.

There's not enough volume in Horn to suggest anything significant imo. The only thing that worries me is JR stating 4 billion, such BS. If it was true the volume in HRN would be through the roof. Reminds me of Georgia fiasco on RUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Think I might have sold my HRN a bit too early.

This guys seems to be trading it better.

I read that before and although he's in profit, the idea behind his trade isn't working out imo, being so close to TD it would be over $2 by now if AOI wanted to play it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

If it goes over $2 then they have hit the jackpot.

I'm surprised he hasn't sold out already, and just banked the profits. He never intended to stay in for results, and it's getting close now. Still possibly a few weeks yet, but it can only go so high pre-results.. He bought in a 89p, and could have bagged nearly 100% earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

I got in with hrn @ $0.88c after selling rmp which I bought @ 12.5p for 25p the same day. I missed the chance to take another 100% profit from hrn but I will sell the next time it gets close

I think I got too greedy

• Advertisement

Was wondering a month ago why people don't talk about AOI as a buy as much as the others lol, 50% up after good news today (unrelated to Puntland).

The rumors are seriously flying these days, Landau might have hinted at Shab-1 being a success in an email today, JR and his 4 billion barrels, HRN up 12% tonight, Im getting nervous now, in a good way.

For anyone who isn't on worldstocks, JR just posted:

"Stockmailer is being updated to incorporate *&^%$#@^success and other key developments."

I really try and not get caught up in anything he says but he's been pretty relentless in the hints lately, combine this with PLs emails, the spike down this morning which was obviously just a stop loss raid and burning out those on leveraged positions, the agreement for off-shore and placement with one of the biggest oil funds so far into the drill i can't help but feel Puntland has come in.

I would have thought we weren't deep enough yet, but in the same update last week where we were at 2400m and no results to report, AOI said they were at something like 1200m with TD of 2800m in their nambia drill with no results to report and today announce TD with a strike.

Becoming harder to keep feet on the ground, Thargor beginning to get nervous as well, in a good way as you say.

GL everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

100m or 50m shares on to the market today?
    holding well on 14p.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

the new shares were placed with a large institutional investor so this shouldnt have any impact whatsoever on the liquidity of the stock.

Good to see HRN toching their all time high today, I am expecting the rumour mill to start getting silly towards the end of the week and next week should see all sorts of crap being posted!!!!! I just hope when the RNS comes it can live up to the crap that is due to be dished around. Range should/could get back up to 16 before Puntland results which could come end of next week

hit 12.5p, what is going on?

****ty day all round looks like, UK back in recession probably not helping.

Getting a little frustrated with RRL, mainly with timelines - i was told Texas and T&T update this weeks two weeks ago and still nothing. Price doesn't help but nothing you can do with general market sentiment. FTSE futures are up and i'd expect a lot of short positions to close tomorrow before the weekend which will hopefully help us bounce. Still holding above 12.25 which importantly means we're still technically in an uptrend though the chart doesn't look too bullish and in general TA can be dismissed this close to news anyway.

Thankfully HRN is continuing on its strong run and closed at an all time high today. Helps take the mind off RRL. Just need USOP to come out of suspension now!

Horn petroleum is up nearly 10% and the Volume is up as well. I think someone knows something
    :D:D:D:D:D

HRN, AOI and MES all spiking in the last hour. :D

Oh sh1t, this has made my weekend :D

• Advertisement

Yep, A great buzz for the weekend, I doubt were there yet but maybe were getting Oil shows??
    As I said someone knows something.....

You would have to imagine so, especially with all parties listed on the TSX, far less games and corrupt then AIM where every movement has to be questioned. Fingers and toes crossed!

Does Noodles still read this thread? Whats he on about with the BP and RRL offshore Morocco thing on iii?

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail/?display=discussion&code=cotn%3ARRL.L&thread=9493241&it=le

I think he pops in every now and again. I'll comment on iii asking him to post here. He mentioned something to me a few months ago about Range doing another deal in morocco similar to the TPT deal but didn't divulge any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Hey guys,
    The last post on iii should help I think - not too many 'BP's on the list.

Range aren't mentioned on their website....but they are...

Can't say i follow, poodles....

neil.p.b wrote: »
    Can't say i follow, poodles....

http://bit.ly/H4nNsc

I realise that poodles and i've looked at barrus's website but haven't seen anything to indicate range farming in.

Can i ask why you are being so coy on the matter?

Range is here: In addition our largest single shareholder comprises a US$500m exploration and production Company, which views the geographic focus of Barrus as complementary to its own global activities.

Seems that it's just a small investment afaik $500k - $1m

Little coy I guess because Range have been so; why, I don't know.
    It's early days for Barrus and I guess PL seems something special in them.

• Advertisement

struck again in the super stong resistance 13s'...

Advertisement