Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

theShire wrote: »

Think there be a mistake there somewhere? The spec lower down the page is very different from the spec in the product headline!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you run any other anti-malwares?

If its a system app on an unrooted phone, you're grand I'd say

used malware bytes and eset. both found it. AVG didnt.
    Phones not rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Think there be a mistake there somewhere? The spec lower down the page is very different from the spec in the product headline!?

Was looking at it again after posting and spotted that.
    Cant find the Jiaya F2 for sale anywhere else.
    Anyone found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

used malware bytes and eset. both found it. AVG didnt.
    Phones not rooted.

I don't see how a system file could be edited without root access. The system folder cannot even be accessed by files without root, hence the apps not being able to delete the file.

Its possibly a PUP, just showing up as more malicious in the scanners. You could uninstall it after rooting to be safe if you wanted.

Unless someone can correct me though, I wouldn't think its possible for a trojan to infect a system app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Sometimes sellers on aliexpress change their listing and forget to replace the original info under 'item specifics'. The info is same on the headline and further down the page so its certainly the Jiayu F2, 5" 1280x720, mtk6582, 2gb/16gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

spix wrote: »
    Sometimes sellers on aliexpress change their listing and forget to replace the original info under 'item specifics'. The info is same on the headline and further down the page so its certainly the Jiayu F2, 5" 1280x720, mtk6582, 2gb/16gb.

Could be then. It says up to 60 days for delivery on the sellers page. Surely it would be faster than that if it's sent via dhl. Has anyone ordered from them before, if so what was the delivery time like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

i definitely would not buy from aliexpress when thy say no customs.it might work but i would warn people about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

warn them of what? its what it says it is. its not a conspiracy.

well you obviously have never gotten stung before with the promise of no customs fees, i have so i would warn people to be cautious before buying.

contact aliexpress. aliexpress won't pay them if you haven't got what you ordered.

• Advertisement

im not saying you wont get what you payed for,i saying that you still might get hit buy customs fees etc a few months later,like i was.i bought a lenovo k900 over a year ago from a similar seller saying no customs fees to eu buyers,but 6 or 7 months later i got a FedEx bill for over 100 euro,and i had to pay it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

seamusmct wrote: »
    im not saying you wont get what you payed for,i saying that you still might get hit buy customs fees etc a few months later,like i was.i bought a lenovo k900 over a year ago from a similar seller saying no customs fees to eu buyers,but 6 or 7 months later i got a FedEx bill for over 100 euro,and i had to pay it.

Over 100 euro?

Can you give us the break down of the bill, considering vat is charged at 23%?

sorry ,cant give you a breakdown i got it when it came out first which cost a lot more than if u wer to buy it now. just letting people know my experience.do with it what u will.

Could be then. It says up to 60 days for delivery on the sellers page. Surely it would be faster than that if it's sent via dhl. Has anyone ordered from them before, if so what was the delivery time like?

I did and delivery took only about 4 days from time of order (by fedex)

sorry ,cant give you a breakdown i got it when it came out first which cost a lot more than if u wer to buy it now. just letting people know my experience.do with it what u will.

My fedex package from that seller has the origin as united kingdom. You can't possibly be charged customs on it. They import it themselves first so if anyone is going to get a bill it's the seller, and from DHL. I spoke to them and they import phones in big batches into the UK, so probably mark down the value and actually pay the vat right away. I'm sure if you checked yours it would say the seller sent it directly from China by Fedex.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Up to 60 days would be using the 'free shipping option' , DHL/Fedex etc would be 3-8 days.

You should still be able to view the details in your Aliexpress account, so you can see which seller and which phone. Over 100 euro (vat and handling charge presumably) means the phone must have cost you close to 500 (including these charges), or 380-400 before them. Hope it was a nice phone!!

never said it was with Aliexpress , it was with dhgate,which has a lot of the same sellers.im just passing on what happened to me,believe it or not.i wont get caught again,

never said it was with Aliexpress , it was with dhgate,which has a lot of the same sellers.im just passing on what happened to me,believe it or not.i wont get caught again,

Was it a nice phone ?

Jiayu S3 for sale on adverts, might go for it.

Seller with no feedback, and 3 adds for phones ?? I would advise caution.

• Advertisement

your story sounds very far fetched to me. not knowing any facts or figures. I'd remember everything down to cents if it was me who was caught. not saying it didn't happen, but I'm sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

But you didn't say it wasn't, and the discussion was regarding a particular seller on aliexpress,

Yours was probably shipped from China direct, it's a risk you take,

The seller in question here ships to the UK first so there should be no fees, but sometimes weird stuff happens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

eamonnq wrote: »
    Seller with no feedback, and 3 adds for phones ?? I would advise caution.

Its the 2gb one,not the 3gb ram one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

This And a 20 euro voucher has me very tempted.

Edit, ignore that its presale :(

This And a 20 euro voucher has me very tempted.

Edit, ignore that its presale :(

Too cheap for its own good if you ask me. They've got to be cutting corners somewhere.

spix wrote: »
    Too cheap for its own good if you ask me. They've got to be cutting corners somewhere.

Its presale so it will go up in price when its actually for sale.

What about the Ulefone BePro ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    What about the Ulefone BePro ?

Battery is too small for a 5.5 4G phone, theres this though

Some pics of the software here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Kingzone-N3-4G-LTE-FDD-1G-RAM-8G-ROM-MT6582-6290-Quad-Core-1-3GHz/2036179654.html

Only has 4.5/16gb available for apps, just something to note if you install many big apps.

• Advertisement

Not at all, 2600mah with a MT6732 chip (low power consumption), will have to see what the guinea pigs think first though, I think someone is due to get their hands on theirs today/Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement