Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

www.pics2pdf.com -- create PDFs from images

Options
  • 05-10-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Site: www.pics2pdf.com (not www.pic2pdf.com)

Just a very small and simple tool to create a single PDFs from a bunch of images. Why? Well, I found I needed this ability a lot lately, as I have a lousy scanner that saves each file as a separate image.

So if I have to e-mail a copy of paper form, etc., it became annoying to change all those images into one file -- so I made this tool.

There are others out there, but most of them have format or colour issues, and a lot of them have clunky file uploading.

Hopefully someone else finds this useful -- it is what it is and only took me about 4 hours to make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Nice and easy to use, well done. Could use some styling though! If I was you I'd use a large version of the PDF icon ( http://www.pics2pdf.com/images/pdf.png ) as the skin, with the red area in the centre of the icon as the target area for adding/dropping the files. A bit cheesy but it could be nice if you did it right.

Also, does it convert the images to PDF or does it package/bundle them in a PDF?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭rat_race

cormee wrote: »
    Nice and easy to use, well done. Could use some styling though! If I was you I'd use a large version of the PDF icon ( http://www.pics2pdf.com/images/pdf.png ) as the skin, with the red area in the centre of the icon as the target area for adding/dropping the files. A bit cheesy but it could be nice if you did it right.

Also, does it convert the images to PDF or does it package/bundle them in a PDF?

Thanks for your feedback! Good idea regarding styling...I agree it's a bit plain/boring/amateur (I'm more of a coder than a web designer). I'll take a look and see what I can do.

It doesn't bundle the images into the PDF, the images are read, understood, resized if necessary, and written to a new in-memory PDF, pixel by pixel. Once done, the user can download it...

Advertisement