Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autotrader uk site full of scam ads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i replied to one of those ads last year for the laugh. as with everything, if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. an audi a4 for over 2k less than the next car was screaming scam.
    Thank you for your interest in my 2009 Audi A4.
    I used to live in the UK until 1 month ago. Due to the economical crisis, the company i was working for went bankrupt and i had to move to Malaga, Spain with my family.
    I brought the car with me because i love it and i wanted to keep it.I did not think that it would be so difficult to drive a right hand drive car here (also the fees to register it here are high for my current budget). This is the main reason for selling. I tried to sell it to a dealer here and they told me that they will not buy it and that i should sell it back in the UK.
    Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
    I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed) and it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.
    It is in perfect condition. The bodywork is immaculate; it has no scratches, dents or hidden defects. The interior is in excellent condition. It has never been in any accident and it is as advertised.
    The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in your name. It’s a steal!
    The car will be shipped from Malaga by sea. If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days. Final price is GBP 8,000 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees).
    I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the financial part of this deal will be managed by a company that has offices in both UK and Spain and in this way we both are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
    Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you
    Rivera
    To: riveraangulo@msn.com
    Subject: RE: 2009 Audi A4 (£8,000) - a4.automobile-garage.co.uk
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:59:22 +0000

hi,
    can i come to malaga and get the car off you and drive it back myself if everything is ok with it??

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:11:17 +0200

Coming here would of been a good idea 4 days ago. But now i have it crated at the shipping company ready to be shipped. In case you want to come and wish to see it i have to pay to uncrate it and i will also lose a 800 Euros deposit i have with them. So it would be a little difficult for me.
    That is why i`ve chosen to use a company to act as an escrow service and intermediate this transaction.
    Until today no one was willing to come down here.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thank you
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:17:00 +0000

why did you crate it without a definite buyer??
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:19:53 +0200

Because i want to sell it quick.
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:25:41 +0000

if i split the crating fee with you will you take it back so i can have a proper look?
    Sent: 29 June 2011 11:31:44

No.

he wasn't up for playing ball in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭boz13

similiar situation to Ballsymchugh, about 2 years ago i saw an Audi a4 DTM for a couple of grand cheaper than what it should have been, when i emailed the guy he had the same story, had moved to spain etc.
    i also noticed he was using pictures from a genuine A4 dtm adertised on pistonheads so i reported it to Autotrader and the ad was removed

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's strange that they're all using dealer pages though. They're all the same format too, black on white writing etc.

Advertisement