Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Reported the ad for profiteering ,be nice if it was taken down but unlike Ebay adverts seem to be all about protecting the sellers these days , no matter how sleazy they are...

I rarely use adverts these days. The greed of people is just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

EnterNow wrote: »
    I rarely use adverts these days. The greed of people is just ridiculous.

Ditto. Else you try and sell something for a good price and get stiffed on it.

Waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I remember when I used Adverts, scored some rare mint PS2 games (Ico, SotC, Gregory Horror Show & something else), and then found out the seller was an old classmate!

Now, I look at Adverts and I feel horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I remember some of the major deals I got on adverts a while back. But collecting and retro gaming is getting ruined by all these insane prices and fact people are paying them

I think all of us here are some of the best game hunters around. I mean we live in a country that has no real shops that sell retro games ( rage is the only one ) and most stuff has to be imported and I dont think any of us pay over the odds for any game. And I bet that a lot of the collections that we have here are fairly impressive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got some great bargains off adverts around a year ago but in the last while its gone crazy, lads overpricing everything or offering ridiculous prices on stuff you are selling.

Ive moved back over to ebay, got some great bargains on there. although i havent bought anything recently in the run up to christmas, all my money has gone on powerrangers, skylanders, bakugons and beyblades!

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    all my money has gone on powerrangers, skylanders, bakugons and beyblades!

Selfish or what! Are you not buying the kids anything this year? :D

haha, I nearly have all the megazord now. still trying to find someone to battle with my beyblades.

Well I'll be going to Smyths after xmas and buying up some lego, I ****ing love lego!

lads overpricing everything or offering ridiculous prices on stuff you are selling.

Example:

Akai Katana LE Matsuri PCB (Full Kit) €3000

1st comment: "Offer €20"

Stuff like that sickens me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Example:

Akai Katana LE Matsuri PCB (Full Kit) €3000

1st comment: "Offer €20"

Stuff like that sickens me. :mad:

It's sickening. If you're going to make a low ball offer like that, you at least need to include a packet of Tayto crisps too.

• Advertisement

Well I'll be going to Smyths after xmas and buying up some lego, I ****ing love lego!

The kids are getting a load of lego for xmas off my parents and aunties, off the top of my head, sponge bob something, a truck, some cars lego and a camper van. ill be busy christmas day! :)

Lego is the shizz, clearly. I mean if I ever have children ( or import some japanese woman who I can play with ) it'll be an excuse to buy a ton of cool new lego

I actually still have all my lego from when me and my brothers where younger, it was in the attic in my parents for years. I took it down about 4 years ago and washed it all in the bath. there is literally a bin of it, thousands of pieces and the kids love it. its probably the thing they play with the most out of all the stuff they have.

edit: id love to get the millenium falcon but its reeaally expensive and think there is something wrong with my kids, because no matter how hard i try i cant get them to like star wars!!

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's sickening. If you're going to make a low ball offer like that, you at least need to include a packet of Tayto crisps too.

What a kit though eh? Have you seen that Guwange on XBLA has the Matsuri-only (until now) fabled Blue Label Edition ROM in it? Folk have been extracting it, flashing it to EPROMS and putting the ROMS in their Guwange PCB's and it works.

Super cool.*

*offer €3. :pac:

keithgeo wrote: »
    edit: id love to get the millenium falcon

Feck that! What you need is 255 different Vic Viper's made of Lego! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pasukaru76/6443759105/sizes/o/in/photostream/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

What a kit though eh? Have you seen that Guwange on XBLA has the Matsuri-only (until now) fabled Blue Label Edition ROM in it? Folk have been extracting it, flashing it to EPROMS and putting the ROMS in their Guwange PCB's and it works.

Super cool.*

*offer €3. :pac:

Actually, that is very cool indeed.

Master of the Universe

I miss my Lego :(

When my 6th birthday was fast approaching, I used to go into Quinnsworth and stare at this Lego ship in a bad attempt at dropping hints.

lego-pirate-ships.jpg

The thing cost £85. There was no way I was getting something that expensive.

Birthday came along, and what do you know, my grandparents walk in with the ship for me. I almost had a heart attack. There's a photo of me holding this giant box with quite possibly the happiest face any child has ever made.

My mam spent two days building it for me. (Didn't trust my greasy little jam covered hands). About a week later, I was playing with it in the back garden and someone kicked a football straight into the back section. Lego explosion. It never rebuilt the same way again. I think some parts were forever missing in that garden.

Not too sure where it's gone now. My mam's convinced it's in their attic but I've never found it. Actually I went to rebuy one on ebay last year and it was suprisingly expensive!

Steve SI wrote: »
    Actually, that is very cool indeed.

Aye. There's a few folks flogging them at €26 a pop but buying them is half the battle. Just finding a Guwange PCB for sale that won't cost you the best part of a mortgage deposit is the hard part.

It's a really cool find though, I have the Guwange XBLA release and never even noticed the Matsuri edition tucked away inside. Apparently though it's not listed as 'Blue Label' on XBLA but 'Blue Arrange' however when the ROMS are on the board it does become 'Blue Label'. The PCB is socketed too so no fiddly soldering of a very precious and expensive board is required.

It does make the old grey matter tick though, wondering if there are other goodies tucked away in the depths of Cave's other XBLA releases and DLC. :)

Master of the Universe

That's an excellent find. I didn't know people were able to burn roms from XBL downloads. I remember reading about people trying to do something similar in the past with Wii shop downloads but they were unable to.

From what I read when I looked in to it a bit more, a lot of the physical XBOX 360 Cave releases have the ROM's on the disc. No idea why they are there but I guess it's useful if, heaven forbid, a ROM on your legit board fails.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

From what I read when I looked in to it a bit more, a lot of the physical XBOX 360 Cave releases have the ROM's on the disc. No idea why they are there but I guess it's useful if, heaven forbid, a ROM on your legit board fails.

I'd wonder are the ROMS used instead of Cave having to write code from scratch. As in they write a loader for the ROM and add 360 specific functionality to make sure it all works ok, like an emulator only fancier.

Good point. Extracting the actual ROM took some clever work apparently.

I'd love to know how it was done and why those ROM's are there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't need Lego anymore since Minecraft arrived.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Pfft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

That statement's a bit out of place in a retro forum...

Mosta the stuff he says is outta place in every forum :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You haven't seen my minecraft pixel art.

Master of the Universe

You haven't seen my minecraft pixel art.

Still doesn't beat lego pixel art :P

Sonic_2x2_Lego_Pixel_Sprite_by_Technomancer_Prime.jpg

de717e0abce53d57ab8668a4aafac6c9.png

MotherBrainlego.jpg

wwmosaic.jpg

brickcon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still doesn't beat lego pixel art :P

Sonic_2x2_Lego_Pixel_Sprite_by_Technomancer_Prime.jpg

de717e0abce53d57ab8668a4aafac6c9.png

MotherBrainlego.jpg

wwmosaic.jpg

brickcon.jpg

I tried to give this a thumbs up, but my penis got there first. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Feck that! What you need is 255 different Vic Viper's made of Lego! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pasukaru76/6443759105/sizes/o/in/photostream/
    Now you made me sad.

I was into the Lego scene, and NoVVember was the best month.

But sadly the originator of it (Nnenn) died in a car accident in 2010.

LEGO though did the greatest tribute to him:
    Set 7066 (Earth Defence HQ) has a Vic Viper with his logo. You can get it on Amazon for £60 right now.

5721097224_d1d5a13818_z.jpg
    7066 Nnenn Tribute by polywen, on Flickr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement