The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 470 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-03-2015, 18:53   #7036
adrenalinjunkie

Teddy was 3 years old in February and has never cocked his leg to pee until today. He did it this morning and again just now. Think he has finally realised he's a boy lol.
Advertisement
30-03-2015, 19:00   #7037
VonVix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
Teddy was 3 years old in February and has never cocked his leg to pee until today. He did it this morning and again just now. Think he has finally realised he's a boy lol.
Mine didn't start until they were 2, and that's also when they started marking!
30-03-2015, 19:20   #7038
adrenalinjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonVix View Post
Mine didn't start until they were 2, and that's also when they started marking!
Oh dear, i hope we dont have any marking in the house!
30-03-2015, 19:52   #7039
VonVix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
Oh dear, i hope we dont have any marking in the house!
I had a heap of potty training issues with my boys (basically, everything was done completely the wrong way!) and there has been zero marking issues in the house. Just my personal experience but yeah.
Thanks from:
30-03-2015, 20:47   #7040
tk123

Bailey has never cocked his leg (vet reckoned it was due to weight bearing with sore legs etc etc ) but at times you can see him puzzled where he want's to mark something but can't figure out how to wee higher lol!

Last edited by tk123; 30-03-2015 at 20:52.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-03-2015, 21:35   #7041
Knine

I've never had an intact male mark in the house but occasionally they do pee on the girls
Thanks from:
30-03-2015, 21:43   #7042
muddypaws

A completely off topic rant. I had a FB argument a few weeks ago with someone about the fact that Ireland is an independent country, not part of Britain, she is British, and so I kind of accepted that people there sometimes get confused. However, tonight I emailed someone in France to talk about Irish competitors entering an event next autumn, and the reply I got was that we have to talk to the British federation about it, as they cover the whole of the UK!! I am really stunned that a French person thinks that.

Anyway, breathe and rant over.
(3) thanks from:
30-03-2015, 21:59   #7043
tk123

In my last job I got a call at 5 or 6 am one saturday morning telling me a server in Cardiff was down and asking me if Dublin was near Cardiff.. eh yeah I'll just drive over in the ferry o_O
(3) thanks from:
30-03-2015, 22:33   #7044
adrenalinjunkie

Teddy was neutered about a year and a half ago, so not intact. He was house trained in 3 weeks and never had any accidents. He does try to pee in his water bowl outside for some unknown reason, but I don't think he would mark in the house even if he does start marking outside. Maybe i should get one of those stakes for the garden and put his water bowl next to it to encourage him to go there in case he does start marking?
Advertisement
30-03-2015, 23:22   #7045
on_my_oe

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddypaws View Post
A completely off topic rant. I had a FB argument a few weeks ago with someone about the fact that Ireland is an independent country, not part of Britain, she is British, and so I kind of accepted that people there sometimes get confused. However, tonight I emailed someone in France to talk about Irish competitors entering an event next autumn, and the reply I got was that we have to talk to the British federation about it, as they cover the whole of the UK!! I am really stunned that a French person thinks that.

I once phoned Ford UK Customer a Service and was asked by the young guy with a strong Essex accent if Dublin was in the UK.. He was also surprised to learn that Dublin was Ireland's capital. Too much drinking in Kos Greece for him.
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2015, 23:28   #7046
muddypaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
In my last job I got a call at 5 or 6 am one saturday morning telling me a server in Cardiff was down and asking me if Dublin was near Cardiff.. eh yeah I'll just drive over in the ferry o_O
In fairness now, Dublin would be a lot nearer to Cardiff than Edinburgh would be
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 05:28   #7047
Pumpkinseeds

There was great commotion here at 4am. Cat howls coming from the kitchen turned out to be that neighbour cat having come in our cat flap and encountered Jazzy, who chased it out into the street, where it then encountered Toby who'd only gone out a few minutes before. That led to a fight somewhere in the distance and Toby didn't come home for an hour. He doesn't look too much the worse for wear and hopefully there won't be any need for a trip to the vets.

Toby is finally semi settled on his bed in the living room but the 4 of them are on a heightened state of alert.
Yesterday, 10:42   #7048
tk123

Quote:
In fairness now, Dublin would be a lot nearer to Cardiff than Edinburgh would be
Yeah but they had a support team in Cardiff too lol!!

Anyways... my easidri towel has just arrived!! I'm sure I won't have long to wait before trying it out on the dogs lol!
Thanks from:
Today, 02:32   #7049
budgese

Quote:

ARGH!! I was going to a conference there about ten years ago in England, they had sign in desks for UK and International. Us ROI folks went up to the international desk to be sent to the other desk. I caused a massive fuss, but unfortunately, my boss was Northern Irish but one of these more Irish than the Irish types, and I got a verbal clip round the ear for trying to "stir the sh*t". I still haven't forgiven that!
Today, 02:39   #7050
budgese

Amelia has been four weeks in her new house! She started going outside after just days, I was worried, but she's one of these cats who never goes very far because she's a coward at heart. She's started to try to engage the two cats here in play, but they just think she's running at them and run away! She knows how the catflap works now, both in and out, and she's started to beg from my housemates now too. She can be a total pain in the hole once she's comfortable with you! In fact she's started going into my housemate's bedroom and sleeping on his bed, and he's too nice to her to move her! I heard her earlier wailing to get into my bedroom, I'm trying to wean her off her right to come in and out of my room as she pleases because my budgies will be here soon. My housemate was trying to reason with her! "You want food? No food? Go outside? No? You want to come into my room? I don't understand you Cat!!" I was laughing, but I held out fast, she can't come into my room all the time.

One of the other cats came into my room tonight, hid under my bed and proceeded to hiss and growl at me. He's moody so I ignored him and picked up my laptop. Amelia came rushing in, knowing a cat was in "her" space! They don't fight, so it's fine. Nathan walked out once he'd made Amelia aware that he'll be in here if he damn well likes, but she "chased" him out, just so she won, you know!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion