Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need a licence to own a compound bow?

• 16-01-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

:)Im sure this has been asked here before but I cant find it so forgive me if the thread is a repeat. Im being told I need a licence for a compound bow. This is news to me. Is it true?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

No, you do not need a licence for a compound bow. You do need a licence for a crossbow though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭IVRZ

Thanks Robo Mike, appreciate the help:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

There was chat about this some time ago in the power circles, but if they were licenced then it would be impossible to travel with them for competitions out foregin and whatnot.

But no, no licence needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

you need a licence only if the draw weight of the bow is 70 pounds or over

Thank you all for the usefull info, much appreciated:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

A 70lb draw weight on the bow doesn't mean it needs a licence but you would be hard pushed to find a club to shoot it in. FITA rules only allow 60lb and under and most clubs here would adhere to that

Thanks ruinar, all info appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

ruiner wrote: »
    A 70lb draw weight on the bow doesn't mean it needs a licence but you would be hard pushed to find a club to shoot it in. FITA rules only allow 60lb and under and most clubs here would adhere to that
    thats why you need a licence after 60 lb it is needed i wasnt sure if it was 60 or 70 lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

thats why you need a licence after 60 lb it is needed i wasnt sure if it was 60 or 70 lb

You don't need a licence for any compound bow over any weight.

Advertisement