Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Day Licenses

Options
  • 06-05-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Is there an official line on one day licenses ? I thought I saw them being offered down in Fermoy a few weeks ago - but I was sure they weren't being offered this year ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Junior wrote: »
    Lads,

Is there an official line on one day licenses ? I thought I saw them being offered down in Fermoy a few weeks ago - but I was sure they weren't being offered this year ?

Cheers

As I understood it they were available until the 31st March and not after.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yep, that's correct. Can only be issued until March 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Yep, that's correct. Can only be issued until March 31.

The pink numbers you will see at races are usually people who have forgot / lost their numbers and are issued by the commissar (with a €10 deposit). I forgot my numbers this week :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Correct. I believe they also issue the pink numbers to people who've been upgraded but haven't received their new numbers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

Is this official line in the sand for one day licenses written down anywhere on the CI site etc - cos I'd rather not say well some guys on t'internet said...

• Advertisement

It's in the regulations, section 15:
    15. An appropriate One Day Licence will permit the holder to participate as a rider in Cycling Ireland Events
    excluding
    • Criteriums,
    • Stage Races
    • All National Championships
    • Open Massed Start or Open Handicapped Races after the 1st April each year.

I actually only spotted today that those are 2013 Rules and that section is missing from the 2014 Rulebook ..

Sorry, must have linked to the wrong year in the rush. It's still in the 2014 regs though, under section 15. They're called "Event Licences" now.

It's tacked onto the Glossary now .. Trying to keep us on our Toes... Thanks again Vlad.

Advertisement