Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dowling_04

Anyone get an invite? Been dying to get rid of my galaxy fame for ages :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Dowling_04 wrote: »

I'm afraid you might be waiting a while. They gave out 2,000 invites yesterday to their earliest forum members but there's 80,000 members in total now. You might want to join and keep an eye on their forums and also set up a OnePlus account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

i just set up an account with them, but they dont ship to ireland. so id imagine parcel motel will be the way for us guys south of the border to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

emo72 wrote: »
    i just set up an account with them, but they dont ship to ireland. so id imagine parcel motel will be the way for us guys south of the border to go.

Set your country to UK in your Oneplus account and just get it delivered via Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Still waiting on an invite... feeling it will be a long time coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I've been keeping an eye on this. They are getting a huge amount of flak via their Facebook page for the delays in rolling out the invites. Strange business model where demand is insanely high for the product but they don't seem ready to supply in the quantities required.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Mezcita wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye on this. They are getting a huge amount of flak via their Facebook page for the delays in rolling out the invites. Strange business model where demand is insanely high for the product but they don't seem ready to supply in the quantities required.

They had some last minute unexpected software issues which I'm told Cyanogen have finally sorted out. They posted a picture somewhere of their warehouse of phones waiting to be flashed.

i have registered, but not sure about going on a waiting list for the phone. they have a load of different threads going on their forums, everyone saying "me please".

emo72 wrote: »
    they have a load of different threads going on their forums, everyone saying "me please".

Yeah trust me that won't get them anywhere, most of those posts get deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Yeah I registered with them 3 weeks ago, saw all those whiney begging posts & just turned off my laptop.
    Nice product, good spec, but the bs they are putting people thru to try & get one is not a good marketing campaign imo.
    It hasn't heightened product awareness with the general public one bit imo

It hasn't heightened product awareness with the general public one bit imo

probably for the best. if this got into mainstream demand it would collapse them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Hoser

One of smash the past winners here....yea i know were lucky. Had the phone for the last month and honestly best smartphone i have ever had the please of using. Only thing is the companies ways are abit off but they are doing their best as a startup. Have my 64gb version being shipped at the moment really exited to upgrade. :)

invites are all promised, if I get one later ill spread it here ;)

I posted photos with the camera [OnePlus One] "One" Photography

Lucky git :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Seems like the marketing has worked. A bit like Gmail invite set up a few years ago and also like the way Apple started marketing the iPhone.
    Make people think that supply is limited (maybe it really is limited) so demand sky rockets. Reverse psychology kinda.
    Now people are fit to almost kill to get their hands on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Seems like the marketing has worked. A bit like Gmail invite set up a few years ago and also like the way Apple started marketing the iPhone.
    Make people think that supply is limited (maybe it really is limited) so demand sky rockets. Reverse psychology kinda.

True but I've yet to see a bad review, anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

True but I've yet to see a bad review, anywhere

I've yet to see anyone I trust review it up until now

If anyone has a spare invite ill be up for paying for one...I have to get rid of my samsung galaxy fame...pm me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Hoser wrote: »
    One of smash the past winners here....yea i know were lucky. Had the phone for the last month and honestly best smartphone i have ever had the please of using. Only thing is the companies ways are abit off but they are doing their best as a startup. Have my 64gb version being shipped at the moment really exited to upgrade. :)

invites are all promised, if I get one later ill spread it here ;)

I posted photos with the camera [OnePlus One] "One" Photography

Which phone is the closest in size, I'd like to pop into a phone shop and get an idea of how big it is. I've a Nexus 4 at the moment, which is fine. My gf has the Note 2 which is quite big, but I guess I could live with it.

Is there HDMI out on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

harney wrote: »
    Which phone is the closest in size, I'd like to pop into a phone shop and get an idea of how big it is. I've a Nexus 4 at the moment, which is fine. My gf has the Note 2 which is quite big, but I guess I could live with it.

Look up the specs for it on gsmarenaDOTcom and use the compare function, you'll be able to look at dimensions for it and whichever phone you want to compare it to, side by side. There are probably other sites with similar functions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

corwill wrote: »
    Look up the specs for it on gsmarenaDOTcom and use the compare function, you'll be able to look at dimensions for it and whichever phone you want to compare it to, side by side. There are probably other sites with similar functions.
    Versus.com

I THINK (just hope really) I might have nagged an invite in today's "Race". Don't know when they are annoucing the winners.

fionny wrote: »
    I THINK (just hope really) I might have nagged an invite in today's "Race". Don't know when they are annoucing the winners.
    Well done man! So disappointing seeing them put up the race at uk/european times been checking the fourms constantly just to see that they have posted all the contests in the middle of the night here in the US >:(

Dowling_04 wrote: »
    Well done man! So disappointing seeing them put up the race at uk/european times been checking the fourms constantly just to see that they have posted all the contests in the middle of the night here in the US >:(

Im just being ambitious here... I dont think they are saying who got them until the end of the 5 days...

It is a bummer to be in different times zones... its kinda spot on for work with me as I had the forums open and refreshing them now and again...

Anyway I could be wrong :(

fionny wrote: »
    Im just being ambitious here... I dont think they are saying who got them until the end of the 5 days...

It is a bummer to be in different times zones... its kinda spot on for work with me as I had the forums open and refreshing them now and again...

Anyway I could be wrong :(
    Ta the winners are announced Monday.Think they mentioned the will have something for us fans soon..otherwise damm you J1 :P

I got the notification on facebook and immediately entered the draw, however I noticed the post on the forum itself had been posted about 40 mins before that! So that was pretty pointless. I'm getting an invite soon anyway, but just trying to get what I can to pass around.

Most invites will last for 24 hours only, so to avoid a last minute panic if you do get one, set up your forum account and more importantly your OnePlus account fully. On the forums, identify yourself to the other Irish lads as they'll be forming little groups to share invites. On the OnePlus account fill in your billing address as normal, but your shipping address set it to UK and enter your Parcel Motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I'd agree that they have created a huge interest in the product but think that their time frame is limited in terms of actually capitalising on it. Literally every single update on Facebook from them is littered with comments about people being arsey about not being able to get the phone. In the mean time other companies have launched phones were are of similar specs but are actually available. So the longer the issue about lack of supply remains, the more it will harm their sales as people will just buy something else.

The HTC One E8 looks particularly good in terms of being a decent spec at a potentially low price. Especially if the size of the OnePlus coudl be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

In the mean time other companies have launched phones were are of similar specs but are actually available.

Which ones?

In the mean time other companies have launched phones were are of similar specs but are actually available.

Similar specs but twice the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I see this flopping, due to a lack of MicroSD

Advertisement