Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amber [RTE] [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 20-11-2012 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

New four part drama coming out on RTE in January I think. Although from what I read on Twitter today it's available on US Netflix already.

https://twitter.com/elgray/statuses/269663999057092608

It stars David Murray and Eva Birthistle as recently separated parents whose teenage daughter goes missing.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Comments

It's up on the US Netflix, I've been meaning to check it out but really behind on my TV and doubt ill get around to it till after Christmas. Reviews for it are very mixed with a lot of people finding that it ends rather abruptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It's up on the US Netflix, I've been meaning to check it out but really behind on my TV and doubt ill get around to it till after Christmas. Reviews for it are very mixed with a lot of people finding that it ends rather abruptly.

It's a bit odd that it's showed up on Netflix and they have yet to confirm a broadcast date on RTE. I suppose it could have something to do with how it was funded perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭brian_t

It's a bit odd that it's showed up on Netflix and they have yet to confirm a broadcast date on RTE.

It aired Down Under in September http://worldirish.com/story/12025-irish-murder-mystery-mini-series-airing-in-australia-

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

New four part drama coming out on RTE in January I think. Although from what I read on Twitter today it's available on US Netflix already.

https://twitter.com/elgray/statuses/269663999057092608

It stars David Murray and Eva Birthistle as recently separated parents whose teenage daughter goes missing.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Watched this on US Netflix - Enjoyed it but reviews are correct ending far too abrupt...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I just saw an ad on RTE1 for this saying that it's 'coming soon'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Looks like a barrel of laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Yes, they're like ITV, delaying it till kingdom come. ITV have been doing it for years, even the fact that the pre-Python John Cleese with Marty Feldman series was called At Last the 1948 Show....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,014 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I just saw an ad on RTE1 for this saying that it's 'coming soon'.

My guess is it starts this coming Sunday or the following one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It has already aired in Brazil, Sweden, Israel, Latin America, Australia and Canada too and is due to air on BBC Four in the New Year as well.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Does anyone have any idea why it is taking RTÉ so long to broadcast it, even though they funded it?

I presume normally a TV network might be waiting for the company who have the distribution rights to lower their fee (or something like that). Since RTÉ funded the TV series, would they still have to pay to show it? (these could be very silly questions as I know very little about broadcasting/distribution rights etc. :o)

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My guess is it starts this coming Sunday or the following one

According to DigiGuide it's starting on Sunday 19th January @ 9.30pm

and continues on Monday and Tuesday (and maybe Thursday)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

brian_t wrote: »
    According to DigiGuide it's starting on Sunday 19th January @ 9.30pm

and continues on Monday and Tuesday (and maybe Thursday)

Yeah, RTE now have it listed on their website as starting 'Sunday 19th Janury - 21.30' (sic)

http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/amber/

Edit And their Facebook page now confirms it will run over four consecutive nights
    In a first for RTÉ drama, new series Amber will air over four consecutive nights, starting 19 January on RTÉ One, 9.35pm @dramaamber #amber

https://www.facebook.com/amberTVSERIES

Skid X wrote: »
    Yeah, RTE now have it listed on their website as starting 'Sunday 19th Janury - 21.30' (sic)

http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/amber/

It was actually on IMDb this morning before RTE had it on their web page. Crazy !

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2224645/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anyone have any idea why it is taking RTÉ so long to broadcast it, even though they funded it?

Maybe they were waiting for the missing last episode to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

My theory is that they waited till RAW was over for another drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Starts tonight on RTE1 at 9.30pm, continues Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid X wrote: »
    Starts tonight on RTE1 at 9.30pm, continues Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

I really don't see point if running it over 4consecutive nights ! But I'll tune in for sure it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"Does anyone have any idea why it is taking RTÉ so long to broadcast it, even though they funded it?"

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/amber-resurfaces-as-rt%C3%A9-one-strips-mystery-drama-1.1656437

"A quirk of international accounting rules that mean the cost of a programme is booked in the period in which it is broadcast, not when the production money is spent."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who's watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Me!

Edit - please tell me it hasn't started??!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Before it's even started I don't like the name they chose for the girl

(a) I don't think it's a common name in Ireland for a child of her age....it's not "believable" IMO....now if they used Sophie or Sarah etc I'd think it was more realistic
    (b) considering "amber alerts" in USA I don't think it was right to use....but maybe this was done intentionally??

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Me!

Edit - please tell me it hasn't started??!!

5 mins to go...

I've never played Quazar. Any use? Looks good craic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I'm not, looks boring and rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The characters are all very moody sods so far.

Its a bit like Eastenders with south Dublin accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    Before it's even started I don't like the name they chose for the girl

(a) I don't think it's a common name in Ireland for a child of her age....it's not "believable" IMO....now if they used Sophie or Sarah etc I'd think it was more realistic
    (b) considering "amber alerts" in USA I don't think it was right to use....but maybe this was done intentionally??

Yes I thought the same about Amber Alerts......I don't think they were that clever

I think Emma would have been a more believable name

The mother's friend looks like Joan Burton :D

• Advertisement

Yes I thought the same about Amber Alerts......I don't think they were that clever

I think Emma would have been a more believable name

Yes Emma makes sense...

Advertisement