Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Leptons

I'd take it as third I'm afraid...

C**p! :( I've only just realised the null interest I have in this subject. First week, nothing much happened, so I couldn't judge. Second week, I thought we were just getting some social background before jumping into the interesting history of medical development and practice. This week, it turns out that the social background IS the module. I had a inner rant about how annoying/wrong this is earlier. :o

That makes for a total of three bad modules this semester. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for the help, MCRxBaby!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Leptons wrote: »
    C**p! :( I've only just realised the null interest I have in this subject. First week, nothing much happened, so I couldn't judge. Second week, I thought we were just getting some social background before jumping into the interesting history of medical development and practice. This week, it turns out that the social background IS the module. I had a inner rant about how annoying/wrong this is earlier. :o

That makes for a total of three bad modules this semester. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for the help, MCRxBaby!

Give it more time. If it's the same as when I did it (though I know that they're rejigging the whole History course atm) there are some really interesting parts to that course.

Give it more time. If it's the same as when I did it (though I know that they're rejigging the whole History course atm) there are some really interesting parts to that course.

Yeah, I'm in the first batch to try to new course out - though I'm double honours, so I don't know about all the changes. Early Modern Europe has been cut down to one lecture a week and has a theme now. Slightly sad because I love the lecturer. I got into the American Special Topic, so that's great! (I love American History, second only to Roman History.)

Thanks. I'll try to give it some time. Only 9 more weeks and a 5,000 word essay to go. :pac:

Yeah, I'm in the first batch to try to new course out - though I'm double honours, so I don't know about all the changes. Early Modern Europe has been cut down to one lecture a week and has a theme now. Slightly sad because I love the lecturer. I got into the American Special Topic, so that's great! (I love American History, second only to Roman History.)

Thanks. I'll try to give it some time. Only 9 more weeks and a 5,000 word essay to go. :pac:

Whoa, they really have changed it!

5000?! Mine was only 2000!

Whoa, they really have changed it!

5000?! Mine was only 2000!

Well, 4000 - 5000... We've to chose what the topic is - I have no idea how to do so - and it has to be based on primary source documents.

• Advertisement

Well, 4000 - 5000... We've to chose what the topic is - I have no idea how to do so - and it has to be based on primary source documents.

That's what I had to ...

That's what I had to ...

It's just that I've never worked almost solely with primary documents before, so I'm rather apprehensive... Ah, it'll be grand. :D

It's just that I've never worked almost solely with primary documents before, so I'm rather apprehensive... Ah, it'll be grand. :D

It's actually quite handy! Send me a PM if you need help on it! :)

It's actually quite handy! Send me a PM if you need help on it! :)

Thanks! Will keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

what time is the gym open til?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

*notices Siomha's signature*

24271568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Anyone have idea what Vodafone broadband is like??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Anyone have idea what Vodafone broadband is like??

I believe it's pretty dire. We've UPC and have had no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

Fogman wrote: »
    what time is the gym open til?

10 on weekdays I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can anyone tell me how to post youtube video's on Moodle?

Is it similar to here using the youtube tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

You can't, it's been modified to not allow various tags, and embedding video is one of them.

banquo wrote: »
    You can't, it's been modified to not allow various tags, and embedding video is one of them.

I swear someone managed to post one on my history module page

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I swear someone managed to post one on my history module page

Just checked and someone has one posted on it.

Edit: not history but my course page.

O rly? That's the way it was back in my day due for security reasons. Must be that the newer versions of Moodle don't have that same flaw. Good news so! Always drove me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

*cue the violins*

I've two write-ups to do. Chemistry & Physics :( It's actually so frustrating because I don't know what to do. I know there's a brief outline in the lab manuals but I'm still finding it difficult. I don't know if I'm writing far too much or far too little. Ugh :(
    And for physics I've to draw this horrible graph and I've no idea how to even approach it. Uuuuuuugghh! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Boeing777 wrote: »
    And for physics I've to draw this horrible graph and I've no idea how to even approach it. Uuuuuuugghh! :(

Choose appropriate scales for the axes, and then make sweet sweet love to the page! Always practice safe se....correct units though!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

First in my MA, woo!

Ah, Saturday in the lab *takes off safety glasses*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

602920.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

Some rotten bastard robbed by bike the other night grrrrr

Been a load of bike robberies around Maynooth recently.

Fogman wrote: »
    Some rotten bastard robbed by bike the other night grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

OH LISA HANNIGAN 4 LYF <3<3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have 6 straight hours of classes tomorrow, nooooo! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Been a load of bike robberies around Maynooth recently.

A common problem,

some simple steps and a bit of care can help minimize the numbers affected.
    I think the SU should post this up on facebook or email it around.
    Locks only keep out honest people, but at least a good lock will slow the thief down and make it not worth their while.

Advertisement