Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia Lumia 800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

If it was originally sold by the same network that you bought it off then they should have the code regardless of whether you got it brand new or second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Can anybody tell me how to lock the screen when trying to turn the phone to view a pic. Pain in the hole spinning the phone chasing a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Dub XV wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me how to lock the screen when trying to turn the phone to view a pic. Pain in the hole spinning the phone chasing a pic.

Place the phone on a table and then spin it :)

Got the 800 for my mum today. She's pretty happy with it coming from her Xperia Play. She didn't notice how slow her Xperia Play was till she used the Lumia 800 lol. She seems to be pretty happy for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

ballyrhy86 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where to get a Lumia 800 unlocked? I've tried a couple of places in town but they said they can't unlock it yet. I know someone mentioned GSM Solutions earlier in this thread, but they were one of the shops that I visited. I did get a quote of 60 euro in one shop but that seemed a bit pricey!

As the person with the angry lips said, it doesn't matter if you bought it secondhand, so go to the Vodafone website, register if you haven't already, and then request the NAC code on their website by entering your IMEI number. As long as the seller is still not on the contract associated with the phone, then it should be fine.

If you do get the NAC code, the procedure for unlocking is not the same as the typical Nokia procedure. You don't use the "pw..." method on the Lumia. You have to put a sim card from another network into the phone and then enter the NAC when prompted. Its slightly more fiddly than the usual Nokia method but still extremely straightforward.

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Which of the Nokia Lumia's would you guys recommend between the 800, 710, or the 610 (Max Budget is 300)

• Advertisement

Which of the Nokia Lumia's would you guys recommend between the 800, 710, or the 610 (Max Budget is 300)

You won't afford a 800 with that budget if you wanna buy it our right. 710 is very similiar just has less storage and different design and screen tech.

You won't afford a 800 with that budget if you wanna buy it our right. 710 is very similiar just has less storage and different design and screen tech.

There is a few 800's floating around adverts and donedeal for 300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

There is a few 800's floating around adverts and donedeal for 300

800 it is then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You'll find many Lumia 800's on Adverts.ie for €250-€300 either on your network or unlocked.

Loads of people are trying to get rid of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

mad muffin wrote: »
    Loads of people are trying to get rid of them ;)

Like me with Android phones... can't get rid of them fast enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

TBi wrote: »
    Like me with Android phones... can't get rid of them fast enough!

Hehe...

I'm just glad I was able to sell my 800 and Titan for a reasonable price :p

mad muffin wrote: »
    Hehe...

I'm just glad I was able to sell my 800 and Titan for a reasonable price :p

Good to see you sold them both very quickly and for a reasonable price. :)

Lucky you werent trying to sell an Android. There's thousands of those for sale on Adverts!!! :eek:

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Lucky you werent trying to sell an Android. There's thousands of those for sale on Adverts!!! :eek:

And many more causing misery to non-Power Users out there who would be much better served with iOS or WP7.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Looking for a bit of noob help ive a meteor lumia 800 and cant update the phone for love or money to the battery fix firmware.

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of noob help ive a meteor lumia 800 and cant update the phone for love or money to the battery fix firmware.

Try XDA Developers or google "cab sender". There are guides online, if you can't find them on your own then you probably shouldn't try to update on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Try XDA Developers or google "cab sender". There are guides online, if you can't find them on your own then you probably shouldn't try to update on your own.
    Sorry i should of been clearer but iv the zune software tells me im up to date to build before the battery update? And iv tried two pcs and checked for updates multiple times now

Sorry i should of been clearer but iv the zune software tells me im up to date to build before the battery update? And iv tried two pcs and checked for updates multiple times now

Just used the cab sender method as TBi said, its very simple and will update your phone without you losing any settings or data.

Just follow the simple instructions in this link.

http://nokiainnovation.com/2012/03/guide-how-to-get-the-latest-lumia-800-update-now/

How long do you have yours for? Some of them from the store already have the battery fix in place.

Unless its obviously on the old firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nokia to acquire Scalado, build a better Lumia :)

Looks like the pureview technology is only just the begining for Nokia's new Lumia phones :-)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/14/nokia-to-acquire-scalado-build-a-better-lumia/

• Advertisement

My mother has an upgrade that she does not need (She has iphone 4) Could she get the 800 as her upgrade and give it to me if we are both on same network?

My mother has an upgrade that she does not need (She has iphone 4) Could she get the 800 as her upgrade and give it to me if we are both on same network?

Yip, she should be able to get it unlocked as well if you need it for other networks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Strange that when they are hit like this they want to put emphasis on the lumia area and compete with Android etc...

Would have thought they'd be better off sticking to the simpler, cheaper, more durable models for the non smart phone market.

AntiVirus wrote: »

Yip, she should be able to get it unlocked as well if you need it for other networks :)
    30 euro well spent so :)

I have "Group Text" off and i can still send MMS messages.

Back to this problem yesterday.

I can't send pictures via text. The toggle is set to "On" as it has been since I found it. Sent some pics last month after first reporting this. But now it's back. Won't send :mad:

I have "Group Text" off and i can still send MMS messages.

Back to this problem yesterday.

I can't send pictures via text. The toggle is set to "On" as it has been since I found it. Sent some pics last month after first reporting this. But now it's back. Won't send :mad:
    Can you receive MMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

Strange that when they are hit like this they want to put emphasis on the lumia area and compete with Android etc...

Would have thought they'd be better off sticking to the simpler, cheaper, more durable models for the non smart phone market.

Well android is eating away at their cheap phone strategy so that's not the answer.

Queerdub wrote: »

Well android is eating away at their cheap phone strategy so that's not the answer.

Agree to that. Likes of Galaxy Mini, Y and Vodafone Smart II can be got dirt cheap. What's the point in spending 70 euro for C201 when you can get a half decent smartphone for the same price. Their low end phone game is running out.

Asha series is over priced. I'm actually getting quite worried for the guys.

I have to say in my shop sells the 610 quite well, they have been flying of the shelves. 800's on likes of Vodafone go quick too.

Faster than S3 anyway, but that's just my phone. Three people in my shop use windows phone so their familiar with it and not afraid to sell it. So many other branches try to steer people of them, just because they don't know anything about windows phone. Its as simple as. Some sales reps are lazy...

The only way to go around that is through the low end Market, just the way Android did.

Can you receive MMS?

No. Receive the text but can't open the pic.

• Advertisement

No. Receive the text but can't open the pic.

Does it work with another phone? When i got my iPhone meteor disabled MMS on my account because the phone wasn't supported (at the time). It might be worth either trying another phone, and if that doesn't work call up the company.

There is no reason why a WP7 phone shouldn't receive mms, unless A. the APN isn't set correctly or B. the network switched it off.

Advertisement