Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deadmau5 Irish Dates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 insomnia087

this is for anybody travelling from Cork to Dublin to Deadmau5 on Wednesday the 6th of June. Theres a bus travelling from Cork to the RDS and we need more people to make the journey viable. Its only 25 euro return, and it'll drop us right at the venue. If you're interested, here's the link to book you're spot on the bus

http://www.irishconcerttravel.ie/rdsdeadmau5.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Well the support is a complete letdown anyways, sounds like someone they pulled together last minute, maybe they'll get someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

bit disappointed on support all right, im sure theses guys are decent but i expected a much bigger name especially with all the secrecy surrounding it

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

If anyone is sitting on the fence about this one, GO!

Went to the O2 gig and it was unreal. One of the best concerts ive ever been to. The only thing that took away from it was that the crowd was full of 16 year old scumbags but most of them were sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

hi all, does anybody know roughly what time Deadmau5 takes the stage? Heading up after work so will probably miss the warm up act(s).

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    hi all, does anybody know roughly what time Deadmau5 takes the stage? Heading up after work so will probably miss the warm up act(s).

I'd guess around 9 or half 9, as his sets are usually about an hour and a half or two hours. That was the time he came on last year anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

For anyone looking for tickets I got some on ticket master on Sunday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Doors: 18:30
    The Dead Prezidents: 19:00 - 20:40

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=2825389&ar=deadmau5&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Olden22

Since the gigs over at 11 and the night is still young....where would someone head out in dublin? Any good house/techno clubs open on a weds night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

Dave ByrneDave_B24
    I shall be spinning some CHEWNS before Deadmau5 tomorrow night at the RDS. I'm on from 6:30 before the whopper @deadprezdjs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Olden22 wrote: »
    Since the gigs over at 11 and the night is still young....where would someone head out in dublin? Any good house/techno clubs open on a weds night?

Strangeways in the lost society is class..it's on every wednesday. It's not really house/techno, more dubstep and drum and base music. I'd really recommend you go there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Olden22 wrote: »

Found out that the village is accepting the deadmau5 ticket stubs until 12 for free entry....any idea where Joel could be after perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hearmenow

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Found out that the village is accepting the deadmau5 ticket stubs until 12 for free entry....any idea where Joel could be after perhaps?

i doubt joel will be going to any after party i'd say he'll make his way up to belfast straight after!!

Is there anywhere else that would be decent strangeways and the village aint seeming too apealing
    :confused::confused:

I'm heading to Strangeways afterwards anyways. :)

Is it indoors or outdoors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

See you guys at Deadmau5 then we're playing the after party in the Village, just message us if you want free into the village - Gonna be a messy night!

the dead prezidents

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

no beer in the arena? That really should have been advertised!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

rock whore wrote: »
    no beer in the arena? That really should have been advertised!

Yea that was quite annoying !

And the acoustics of that place were horrid sound wasnt up to par

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

i thought after the point was demolished that Dublin was free of bad venues; sadly I was wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Best scam I've ever seen! Lads sellin glow sticks for 3 quid on the way up to the gig and then on the way in the security taking them off everyone saying their not aloud.... Some *****!!

Some gig tho! Minus the whole part where it was full of kids out of their minds.... But other than that.. Bangin!! :D

• Advertisement

Amazing show, was annoyed that I couldn't bring my beer into the show, bollocks.

Also, it was ridiculously warm! I don't remember the 02 being as warm as that, then again the 02 has ventilation..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

rock whore wrote: »
    i thought after the point was demolished that Dublin was free of bad venues; sadly I was wrong :(

+1

it was an experience if anything

i was slow to go too mad incase i needed some big breaths of air, which were hard to find in that place! seriously, open a fcuking sky light or something. great relief to get outside to the fresh air.

it was a up for it crowd though, i'll give them that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

That was mental ! Forgot to take my glasses off.... 10 Seconds after he started they were gone :(... Only had them a month. (glad I went to Specsavers)

Crowd was nuts especially where I was (just 10ft behind 2nd barrier in the centre) they were also idiots though. Trying to form pit circles and starting the pit waay to early... Retards...

Was fun pushing them all around in the pits though.. Because they were all tiny! Out of my way you puny teenager !

Korvanica wrote: »
    That was mental ! Forgot to take my glasses off.... 10 Seconds after he started they were gone :(... Only had them a month. (glad I went to Specsavers)

Crowd was nuts especially where I was (just 10ft behind 2nd barrier in the centre) they were also idiots though. Trying to form pit circles and starting the pit waay to early... Retards...

Was fun pushing them all around in the pits though.. Because they were all tiny! Out of my way you puny teenager !

I was exactly where you were aha. I can understand pits for the heavy, crazy songs, but pits for Strobe? Come on lads, out of the 2 deadmau5 gigs I've been to, this crowd was probably the most mental. I just wanna live it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

seanbmc wrote: »
    I was exactly where you were aha. I can understand pits for the heavy, crazy songs, but pits for Strobe? Come on lads, out of the 2 deadmau5 gigs I've been to, this crowd was probably the most mental. I just wanna live it again!

Hah class, I spent most of the time jumping up and down on the 1ft wide metal ramp that ran into the crowd. And yea a pit for Strobe of all songs.. retarded.

I am so deaf today... and a little dopey from the eh.. alcohol. :pac:

Korvanica wrote: »
    Hah class, I spent most of the time jumping up and down on the 1ft wide metal ramp that ran into the crowd. And yea a pit for Strobe of all songs.. retarded.

I am so deaf today... and a little dopey from the eh.. alcohol. :pac:

:pac:

I'm tall already so standing on that thing made me even taller!

And he said that he thought it was raining at one point, but it was just sweat. That's how bad it got, one of his synths got damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

seanbmc wrote: »
    And he said that he thought it was raining at one point, but it was just sweat. That's how bad it got, one of his synths got damaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRTYRkKa4nU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

A pit at a deadmau5 gig:eek: iv heard it all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Great show as usual. Loads of scumbags about though, there was fighting going on by us, right hand side, about 5-10 metres back from the second barrier. Security seemed on top of it at least. My friend got a bottle broken off his head after some dickhead threw it from a bus after the show. I wish his gigs didn't attract such scum..

Advertisement