Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

Chavways wrote: »
    dulpit wrote: »
    Can you click into the player's page and choose option to withdraw offer?

No, when I click in it gives the option to make offer but when I do that it says he has already signed a contract with another club and just brings me back to the other screen. Had to stop playing because of it now.

Go on holiday for a day and the assistant will take care of it

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Attachment not found.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do? I put a bid in for that player but he seems to have signed a contract with another team before I got the opportunity to. So when I click on the offer contract button it wont let me do anything and I can't continue because it keeps bringing me back to this screen so I'm pretty much stuck in limbo.

Well a bid must have come in and he took the contract straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well a bid must have come in and he took the contract straight away.

I know that but it wont let me continue unless I try to buy him but he already has a new team so I can't buy him.I'll try going on holiday and hopefully that will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I know that but it wont let me continue unless I try to buy him but he already has a new team so I can't buy him.I'll try going on holiday and hopefully that will sort it out.

Oh now I get ya. Well that's really weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Try going into the transfer centre and withdrawing your offer from there.

There should be a little tick and an x beside his name in the "In" column.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Attachment not found.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do? I put a bid in for that player but he seems to have signed a contract with another team before I got the opportunity to. So when I click on the offer contract button it wont let me do anything and I can't continue because it keeps bringing me back to this screen so I'm pretty much stuck in limbo.

Just go for 1 day holiday. That's the simplest solution.

Try going into the transfer centre and withdrawing your offer from there.

There should be a little tick and an x beside his name in the "In" column.

Nope tried that.Theres no green tick or red x next to his name and the only option for an offer is to make a new one but when I do that it says he already has a new team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Jsut holiday for 1 day, it will work. Whenever something like this happens I will go for holiday and everything will be sorted by Asst manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

question guys..im new to all this again. I just started aseason with LFC..So fars things are not going as expectedwhere my difficulty is buying players..all my bids are getting rejectedIm also finding it hard to score. I just bea wigan 4-0 but before that suarez and kuyt hadnt scored in 5 gamesany advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

sfwcork wrote: »
    question guys..im new to all this again. I just started aseason with LFC..So fars things are not going as expectedwhere my difficulty is buying players..all my bids are getting rejectedIm also finding it hard to score. I just bea wigan 4-0 but before that suarez and kuyt hadnt scored in 5 gamesany advice

Use a space bar? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

dulpit wrote: »
    Use a space bar? :pac:

Better answer: Don't rely on the players who you know to be Liverpool's best IRL. They may go off the boil in FM, and you need to be ruthless when it comes to dropping players. Also, what sort of setup do you have w.r.t. tactics/etc?

sfwcork wrote: »

Step 1:Buy Lukaku

Step 2:?????

Step 3: Win Everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Buy Carlos Fierro

Any idea what this means for my capacity:

5625 (250 seated)(3540 capacity used in regular matches)??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mc Love wrote: »
    Any idea what this means for my capacity:

5625 (250 seated)(3540 capacity used in regular matches)??

Your capacity increases for bigger games perhaps?
    i.e cup games and europe
    On a side note I once played a euro league campaign with 3500 capacity
    Why you give me stadium increase board?

No it doesnt make any sense, most games the attendance is over the 3540 figure. Its really strange

Has anyone bought a young player that is injury prone or susceptible to injuries and made them stronger so they werent so injury prone?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Mc Love wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a young player that is injury prone or susceptible to injuries and made them stronger so they werent so injury prone?

I signed a player when he was 20, can't remember his name. He was highly injury prone but he was the only quality player I could get with his wages. He played the first 5 games of the season and I think he broke his foot and was out for 5 months.

He came back, played 2 games and done a cruciate ligament and out out for 7 months :mad:. Eventually got one good full season out of him but he did have small set backs here and there.

I had set him to light training with some aerobic and strength as main but I don't think it helped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Playing as Swansea. Won the league cup first season.

Got into the quarters then. Finished 15th in the league.

Now I've been able to sign lewandovski for 2.5 million on 40k odd a week :P

He score 18/36 on loan at toulouse and 8/8 the year before. Looks a bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How do you see were you are in the hall of fame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How do you see were you are in the hall of fame?

FM > HOF > Scroll down until you find yourself. If you aren't in the top whatever, you're listed at the end anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just on the youth thing, make sure you have got a good scouting and youth recruitment network or the facilities will be going to waste, coaches with broader scouting knowledge will help you too

kryogen wrote: »
    Just on the youth thing, make sure you have got a good scouting and youth recruitment network or the facilities will be going to waste, coaches with broader scouting knowledge will help you too

How do I improve the recruitment network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Keep asking the board to put more money into youth recruitment network and get scouts and coaches from a variety of countries basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Has anyone else had an issue where things that happen during a match aren't "recognised" by the game? I just played a match there where I scored 6 goals, including a penalty, and there were about 5 or 6 yellow cards in total during the match. However, I noticed that the scoreline didn't change at all for 2 of those goals. So the match has gone down as a 4-1 victory to me, even though it should have been 6-1. And when I went back into the match screen after clicking continue, it said that there were only 2 yellow cards shown during the match.

I checked the list of scorers from the Overview page of the match screen, and sure enough only the goals that physically changed the scoreline were shown. Yet when I tried to click into the 4th, which was the penalty, and should have been my sixth goal, nothing happened. So I went into the Pitch View, and on the blue bar at the bottom that you can click and watch from any point in the match, it showed 6 little football icons to indicate that a goal had been scored, and there was none where there should have been the penalty. It also showed the 2 yellow cards instead of the 5/6 that were actually given.

Has this happened to anyone else before? This is the first time I've had any form of problem with this game since I got it over a year ago.

Stupid question, but could the goals have been disallowed?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Stupid question, but could the goals have been disallowed?

Nope, definitely not. Not a stupid question either, I made fully sure that they weren't just ruled out before I typed out my post. I have a screenshot that I'll upload once I blank out my name on it in Paint.

Edit: 4-1_zps79e8c8e1.png

You can see there that the blue bar shows that 6 goals were scored, and the weird thing is that 2 of those didn't change the scoreline. My "4th" goal according to the game was actually scored from a penalty, which would have taken place moments after the second yellow card shown there was awarded, as the defender who gave away the penalty was also booked. That happened in the 79th minute. When I click on that yellow card in the game to watch the moments surrounding the incident, there is no penalty at all, and no sign of a yellow card being awarded to anybody. However, on the Match Overview screen, it tells me that there was indeed a penalty scored by one of my players at that time.

One of the icons would be the City goal, not sure what the other one is, or where the rest have gone. Has it happened in other matches?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    One of the icons would be the City goal, not sure what the other one is, or where the rest have gone. Has it happened in other matches?

The first 3 are my goals, and the one just before half time was City's goal, there's no problem with those goals. It's the 2 goals that are being shown after half time that are the ones that were scored but didn't change the scoreline. And then the second yellow card should have a goal icon beside it, because that was the penalty. I've never had this happen to me before, and I don't think I've seen it posted on any of the discussion threads here, which is why I typed it up so soon after it happened to me.

• Advertisement

First I've heard of it also. If you wanted to, you could bring it up on the SI forum. I think they have a bugs section still going (Know they have for 13, but not sure if the 12 section is still active). Think that is your best chance of finding a cause/solution. As said, I've never seen it before. The lack of replies would also suggest that nobody else has either.

Advertisement