Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just got this, started an Arsenal file. Changed to 4-4-1-1 and signed Hamsik and Barnetta.
    Won 5-0 1st game of season :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Finally the game arrived! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

How Much do Liverpool Start with on the full game of Football Manager 12.Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

bigron2109 wrote: »
    How Much do Liverpool Start with on the full game of Football Manager 12.Just curious.

2 million if you challenge for the title

2.6 if you aim to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Another bug is that when you offer players to clubs, even though the "transfer list player" is ticked, it doesnt always work and you have to go in and set it manually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

My FM12 Blog can be found here:

http://mikelowesodyssey.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/working-ton-a-dream/

Enjoy the read, and please be gentle:D

danniemcq wrote: »
    2 million if you challenge for the title

2.6 if you aim to win it

Dammm i thought it was only my game for some reason.:(

Not much room for improvement here.

Thinking of starting a new Game tonight with either PSG, Malaga or Napoli.Something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

They've cracked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

keane2097 wrote: »
    They've cracked it.

and? just buy the game.

Started with PSG tonight.

Got about 13 mill to spend.Any recommendations.I think a Striker is a Priority as i plan to play Pastore behind Kevin gameiro and another striker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

James__10 wrote: »
    and? just buy the game you cheap skate :rolleyes:

James_10 - Please refrain from abusing others. He only said that the game has been cracked, no need for the cheap skate comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Started with PSG tonight.

Got about 13 mill to spend.Any recommendations.I think a Striker is a Priority as i plan to play Pastore behind Kevin gameiro and another striker.

Artem Milevskyi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yakult wrote: »
    James_10 - Please refrain from abusing others. He only said that the game has been cracked, no need for the cheap skate comment.

lol, no offense taken anyway! I'll probably go for a try before you buy, hate it and delete it - if that makes me a cheapskate how bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

keane2097 wrote: »
    lol, no offense taken anyway! I'll probably go for a try before you buy, hate it and delete it - if that makes me a cheapskate how bad.
    This is how I feel about it too. I buy the game every few years but I always download it first to see if it is worth paying €30-€40 for or if I can save the money and get another year out of whatever version I was playing before it got released. I got 2011 so I'm not expecting a whole lot of change in only one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Anyone know how to get the German NT in FM12 or is that talk frowned upon here like the FM website? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've got the urge to play now. Kit packs, face packs, logo packs..I've finally downloaded them all. Time to play!
    glenjamin wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the German NT in FM12 or is that talk frowned upon here like the FM website? :confused:

Nah not frowned upon here :)

This is what you need. There is another way by deleting a file, but I cannot remember how to do that. The method I linked to will change the names of competitions to the real ones as well as add the German and Japanese national teams to the game :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

For some reason when I installed the game that folder never was installed with it. I don't have the SteamApps folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I've got the urge to play now. Kit packs, face packs, logo packs..I've finally downloaded them all. Time to play!

Which ones did you use? Been looking for a good set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why can't they use the real players for Germany and Japan does anyone know?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Why can't they use the real players for Germany and Japan does anyone know?

Licensing reasons, other companies have exclusive rights I think

Another hotfix.....

Football Manager 2012 v12.0.4 Changelist
    Competitions
    ============
    Australia
    - Fixed a bug where the game gets stuck when the user is forced to register a youth player who turned into a pro in the Australian A-League.

Finland
    - Fixed issue with player bans not working correctly in the First Division.

General
    =======
    - Fixed crash when using the "Pick Team For Me" button when all manageable clubs have been taken over by human managers.
    - Fixed crash when activating a new division level which has promotion/relegation playoffs with the division above and is made up of regional divisions. (e.g. Third level in Sweden)
    - Fixed crash on game startup if a club's loyalty and passion supporter profiles are set to 0 using the editor.
    - Game now doesn't allow nations to be deactivated in 2011 before its competitions have finished. This was causing a few problems later in the game.
    - Fixed bug where Spanish outfield player could not be given a valid squad number before match if a goalkeeper already had number 25 and number 13 was the only number free.
    - Fixed an issue which was affecting AMD/ATI Radeon Cards causing intermittent crashes

Match
    =====
    - Some colour clash fixes.

International
    =============
    - Fixed bug where players currently selected in an U19 team are then deemed to old when the U19 European Championship qualifiers are scheduled.
    - Fixed bug where a replacement player could not be called up to a national team that doesn't have a full squad selected.
    - The overage players in the squad can now play for U23 team friendlies before the Olympic Games.

UI
    ==
    - Twitter and Youtube login now works on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can you manage the German national team without the fix when it's dominated by regens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just downloaded the game there! And, yeah, I'll buy it at xmas!

Just gonna do a couple of seasons with Man City and get a feel for the game :)

dsmythy wrote: »
    Can you manage the German national team without the fix when it's dominated by regens?

Yea, played the game past 2020 in FM11 and the NT was full of regens but it does hinder development and values of real german players in the short term imo

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yea, played the game past 2020 in FM11 and the NT was full of regens but it does hinder development and values of real german players in the short term imo

You can just delete the files, if you are starting a new game in the future...

File can be found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Self Installed\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

Delete, the 3 files..."Fake" "nleague" and that sound fix it for the future game loads...

Hope this helps for future reference

busyliving wrote: »
    You can just delete the files, if you are starting a new game in the future...

File can be found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Self Installed\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

Delete, the 3 files..."Fake" "nleague" and that sound fix it for the future game loads...

Hope this helps for future reference

Oh I know where the fake files are and what to do but in that particular save, the files were reloaded as part of verifying the game cache.

Tis annoying to make a new game and then realise just a couple of hours of playing that some setting isnt right and it sucks the enjoyment right out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I started with HSV to ease myself in. Anyone else struggling to sell players? I'm trying to get enough to buy Shaqiri but I can't sell anyone. Paolo Guerrero is valued at €9.5m and I can't even get €5m :(
    Which ones did you use? Been looking for a good set.

I used THIS torrent for the facepack, it puts about 90,000 faces into the game. Took around 2 hours to download the torrent.

There is a 27 league kitpack HERE. Most of the major leagues around Europe included. If you want to add more kitpacks to the 27 above you can get them HERE.

I think I just copied over the logopack I used in FM11, which was THIS one.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Oh I know where the fake files are and what to do but in that particular save, the files were reloaded as part of verifying the game cache.

Tis annoying to make a new game and then realise just a couple of hours of playing that some setting isnt right and it sucks the enjoyment right out of it

Oh right sorry mate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Tried a network game with my mate, when I hosted it, it worked fine for me but was sluggish on his end, so we we started again and he hosted it, this time it worked fine for him but was slow as **** for me, taking ages for a menu to drop down etc, we used hamachi, anyone any ideas how we could speed it up for whichever of us isnt hosting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I started with HSV to ease myself in. Anyone else struggling to sell players? I'm trying to get enough to buy Shaqiri but I can't sell anyone. Paolo Guerrero is valued at €9.5m and I can't even get €5m :(

I used THIS torrent for the facepack, it puts about 90,000 faces into the game. Took around 2 hours to download the torrent.

There is a 27 league kitpack HERE. Most of the major leagues around Europe included. If you want to add more kitpacks to the 27 above you can get them HERE.

I think I just copied over the logopack I used in FM11, which was THIS one.

Re selling players - make sure they are not near the end of their contract, if so renew it and give them higher wages but lower signing on\agents fees and then sell early on in the game or play them until Jan and they should attract attention

• Advertisement

Re selling players - make sure they are not near the end of their contract, if so renew it and give them higher wages but lower signing on\agents fees and then sell early on in the game or play them until Jan and they should attract attention

And if its the start of the game then demand for players is low because all the summer transfer are included

EDIT

This is the reason I disable first window budgets

Advertisement