Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eddie Rockets Caesar salad is 11PP and is gorgeous. Although I do wonder is this a generalisation and some "Eddie's" chefs might put more sauce/croutons/cheese. No bacon in it but marinated grilled chicken (About 4PP worth i'd say).

Girls, I WI on Wednesday evening but next week I will be away Wednesday evening and then moving apartment Thursday - Sat, packing moving etc. Could I WI next Tuesday or will WW not let me because it is a day early and you are suppose to only WI once a week? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

1halfstone wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help I want to make the best choice possible. I was kinda hopin i would be covered with 20 pp and not finishing the plate. Especially watchin the rice portion.
    Im really confused now! Not sure what to go for!

Sorry hope i am not confusing you! Our weight watcher leader always maintained that if you were out somewhere that you were probably better off getting a dinner as opposed to a salad or panini or the likes, as they are better points value! I've lost 6 stone and am at the weight watchers goal, just not at my personal goal yet and i kinda always think of that when i'm out!! Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Micki wrote: »
    I would be very wary of Chicken Caesar Salad. You think straight off that it is good pp value but it is not in fact sometimes it can be worse. By the time you point chicken, croutons, dressing, cheese, bacon and whatever else may be thrown into a restaurant made Chicken Caesar Salad, it may well amount to as much as any of the other choices. I had a chicken caesar salad mix in the fridge(which i ended up throwing out because it was too high) and i pointed that at 14 pp and all that was in it was a tiny pack of croutons, a tiny pouch of dressing, a tiny pack of cheese and a few leaves of lettuce so not necessarily always the best choice because it is salad! :eek:

yeah i suppose, i always ask for no bacon, or crutons, just chicken, dressing and salad. I dont eat sweet and sour so wouldnt have a clue about the pp points.

When doing it at home, i use low fat ceaser dressing, aldi bacon bits, chicken breast, and dont bother with the crutons, but the crutons can be don from toasting some bread and regular salad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Monife wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets Caesar salad is 11PP and is gorgeous. Although I do wonder is this a generalisation and some "Eddie's" chefs might put more sauce/croutons/cheese. No bacon in it but marinated grilled chicken (About 4PP worth i'd say).

Girls, I WI on Wednesday evening but next week I will be away Wednesday evening and then moving apartment Thursday - Sat, packing moving etc. Could I WI next Tuesday or will WW not let me because it is a day early and you are suppose to only WI once a week? Thanks.

You will be allowed wi on Tuesday, I asked my leader about this before, the new wi week starts on a Sunday so if you weigh in tomorrow you will be allowed weigh in the following Tuesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

Sorry hope i am not confusing you! Our weight watcher leader always maintained that if you were out somewhere that you were probably better off getting a dinner as opposed to a salad or panini or the likes, as they are better points value! I've lost 6 stone and am at the weight watchers goal, just not at my personal goal yet and i kinda always think of that when i'm out!! Hope this helps.

wow, would love to be you, 6 stone, thats amazeballs, would like to lose 5 myself anyway and then we reassess the sitch!
    I think i might go for the sweet and sour, i jsut kno i wouldnt be satisfied after teh caesar asald and theres prob not gonna be too much of a points diff. i have 20 points, i jsut wish someone would guesstimate if thats enough for a home dinner size portion from a restaurant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

also how long did it take you?
    and any tips?

wow, would love to be you, 6 stone, thats amazeballs, would like to lose 5 myself anyway and then we reassess the sitch!
    I think i might go for the sweet and sour, i jsut kno i wouldnt be satisfied after teh caesar asald and theres prob not gonna be too much of a points diff. i have 20 points, i jsut wish someone would guesstimate if thats enough for a home dinner size portion from a restaurant?

Yeah i feel amazing now to be honest, in every way! But it took me two years and i am still not satisfied! I still want to reach a personal goal which is another 1-1.5 stone! But slowly is the best way to loose it i find and take it a half stone at a time and you wont feel the stones building up!

I'm not sure of sweet & sour sauce, think it is slightly higher than curry sauces, i dont really eat it but if you have the equivilent of a chicken fillets in it in chicken then that is 4pp and boiled rice in the amount of a boil in the bag rice is 6 pp so there is ten straight away...

also how long did it take you?
    and any tips?

Sorry only seen this afterwards. It took me 2 years to get this far, then again, i didnt kill myself at it and i took a couple of breaks along the way when i didnt go to WW for 5-6 wks at a time weeks but i didnt gain weight during these breaks and i exercised! If i were you though i would just put your head down and do it and try and stay motivated till you have reached your goal, at the end of the day it will only take a few months out of your life and you will be a totally different person at the end! You will feel better, look better, be more confident etc.

It is mad the change it makes to your life, i never realised how unhappy i was when i was heavy till i got to where i am now! I am a totally different person!

Also i done loads and loads of exercise, join classes, make friends with people through sport, that way you will keep it up! I started running with my best friend, pole to pole, the first night, i thought i was gonna die, now i run 6 eves a week at least 6k, i did 8.3k last nite and was fine afterwards... Someone said that "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels". I know she was slated for saying it but i agree now.... It is soooo true!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi all, I just saw that this week's RTE Guide has a WW supplement - again!! It has summer recipes apparently so I'll be buying that this evening........ after my WI !! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help I want to make the best choice possible. I was kinda hopin i would be covered with 20 pp and not finishing the plate. Especially watchin the rice portion.
    Im really confused now! Not sure what to go for!

according to WW eating out guide a generic sweet and sour would be 13 pp for either the peking or balls in a typical restaurant also a standard portion of boiled rice would be 12pp

sausage and mash in a place like Tobys is 29 pp
    the ceaser salads range from about 18 to 22 pp

and beef and stout pies with creamy mash are about 28-34pp

going by that i would go for the sweet and sour and leave some rice back it would be the more filling and also not highlight the diet fact though if ita beef stew as opposed to a beef pie it couls come in around 20 pp as the pie crust is very high

hope this helps

• Advertisement

Tmeos wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows the propoints of a ham and cheese s/w on white bread. Was just a slice of cheese and wafer thin ham but also had butter. I had a quater because they were hanging around the office after a meeting?

had aquik look through the eating out guide and most ham and cheese sambos are 10-12pp from the likes of boots m7s and asda so iwould suggest 5pp pre quater should cover you scary aint it

Sorry only seen this afterwards. It took me 2 years to get this far, then again, i didnt kill myself at it and i took a couple of breaks along the way when i didnt go to WW for 5-6 wks at a time weeks but i didnt gain weight during these breaks and i exercised! If i were you though i would just put your head down and do it and try and stay motivated till you have reached your goal, at the end of the day it will only take a few months out of your life and you will be a totally different person at the end! You will feel better, look better, be more confident etc.

It is mad the change it makes to your life, i never realised how unhappy i was when i was heavy till i got to where i am now! I am a totally different person!

Also i done loads and loads of exercise, join classes, make friends with people through sport, that way you will keep it up! I started running with my best friend, pole to pole, the first night, i thought i was gonna die, now i run 6 eves a week at least 6k, i did 8.3k last nite and was fine afterwards... Someone said that "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels". I know she was slated for saying it but i agree now.... It is soooo true!

I might just tweak it a lil :P For me anyway....Nothing tastes as good as looking and feeling healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

quick Q:

I have light mayo with alot of my salads, and I have it pointed @ 1PP/tbsp.
    Relish is 1PP/20grm, so 2PP for a tbsp roughly.

WouldI be better off/healtier if I were to use the relish instead of the light mayo or is it much of a muchness?

Ta

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    quick Q:

WouldI be better off/healtier if I were to use the relish instead of the light mayo or is it much of a muchness?

Ta

would you try extra light mayo....30g extra light mayo is 1pp
    so anything under 30g is technically 0pp and use some relish to jazz up the flavour,
    and you have to go over 70g of extra light to count it as 2pp

aldi bramwells extra light mayo is quite nice, way nicer than helmans lighter than light mayo

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    quick Q:

Ta

I use the aldi country relish it is only 10 pp for the whole jar and probably better then mayo as mayo is made with oils and eggs and relish is made with tomatoes onion and spices both have preserativites so that would balance out the other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i know what you mean...i shouldn't do it either...but i do...hands up i'm guilty...but i do find it motivates me...like after yesterday and today worked my ass off exercise wise and food wise and tracking...so might have a peek tomorrow..and if it says i'm down...thats going to motivate me to do more to keep moving and eating right, equally after a bad weekend...if i take a look...and its up....its the kick up the arse i need to cop on for the rest of the week...

I do the same thing it does help me focus Im hoping if my scales keep showing what they are showing I will get my first half stone this week fingers crossed, but if not it will be next week :)
    izzy24 wrote: »
    Here is recipe for Mars Bar Cake

Makes 14 slices
    5pp per slice

5 Mars Bar 35pp
    70g Rice Krispies(got mine in Aldi) 7pp
    4 tea spoons low fat butter 2pp
    2 Cadbury Bar and a Half Bars 24pp
    1 Packet Cadbury White Buttons 5pp

Melt the mars bars and butter in a glass bowl over boiling water. When it is completely melted and runny(could take average 10 minutes) mix the rice krispies with it and pour into cake tray. Then melt the cadburys bar and a half and when melted pour over. Then use the buttons to decorate(optional). Thats it stick it in the fridge. I would recommend taking it out a good few hours before u cut in cause it can be very hard.

Yummy and worth every point:D...

you are a legend thanks so much was telling my Hubby and we are looking forward to it for a weekend treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rebeleen

The pro points are 10 for the whole Jar so when i use it i just give a scrape i dot point but if i stick a big blob on i call it on

A great help! Thanks a mil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Down 2.5lb. Just 3 to go..............

I have my daughters communion this weekend so realisticly (sp) I am only aiming for a STS next week. However, i then only have 1 more WI before my hols. Does anyone know if i did hit my goal (by some miracle) in the next two weeks and then miss 3 WI's due to hols do I still have to do maintainance when i come back? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi Everyone, I rejoined WW 4 weeks ago today and had my wi this morning.. got my silver 7 last week and was another pound down this week...i am loving the pro points, i'm motivated, plan my meals and lunches and at the weekend i am so aware of what i've always done wrong that even they are not a problem for me this time... so far anyway... i have only another 7 pounds to lose and i will do it this time..i have been given a 16-17 pound weight loss to my target and i know to some of ye on here its not a lot, but sometimes like before, it feels like i might as well have 3 stone, i always find the last few pounds the hardest..Since i was last a member i've gotten married, found out i had cervical cancer, had a hysterectomy, changed jobs, you name it i've done it, and the pounds just crept up.. the new job helps and hinders at the same time, it keeps me on my feet and moving all day (last job was office work), but its in a sweet shop, where every day i'm faced with my biggest temptations:D
    Anyway, i've been reading this and along with my meetings its great support...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rebeleen

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I rejoined WW 4 weeks ago today and had my wi this morning.. got my silver 7 last week and was another pound down this week...i am loving the pro points, i'm motivated, plan my meals and lunches and at the weekend i am so aware of what i've always done wrong that even they are not a problem for me this time... so far anyway... i have only another 7 pounds to lose and i will do it this time..i have been given a 16-17 pound weight loss to my target and i know to some of ye on here its not a lot, but sometimes like before, it feels like i might as well have 3 stone, i always find the last few pounds the hardest..Since i was last a member i've gotten married, found out i had cervical cancer, had a hysterectomy, changed jobs, you name it i've done it, and the pounds just crept up.. the new job helps and hinders at the same time, it keeps me on my feet and moving all day (last job was office work), but its in a sweet shop, where every day i'm faced with my biggest temptations:D

Well Done!!!!

• Advertisement

Back from weigh in week 19,got silver 7and down 50lbs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

LinK3 wrote: »

After all that, weightwatchers will be no problem to you! You're doing really well.
    newbee22 wrote: »

Brilliant result, congratulations.

Maggie So Juicy Seasonings are 0pp! :D wooooooo!

one packet does about 4 chicken breasts! (thats 4 dinners for me)

Nutritional info on packet is based on 130g chicken breast in Maggi So Juicy seasoning is 4pp!

I'm so jealous! I've been trying to break 40lbs for so long! But i'm determined to get to at 77lbs by new years (that'll be 5 and half stone)

And want about another 4 stone next year :O

:eek: well done!! Oh how I wish I was at 50lbs lost!!

I know this is behind where they are at in the US but ...

The 'New' Biggest looser(S8, e1) is on tonight on Sky Livingit @ 21:00

Largest contestant ever, accoring to the 'i' button, previous largest was 525lbs:eek:.

oh, and then there is Alison Sweeney!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey folks, hope everybody had a good week!

Lost 3 pounds this week! Wahooo - lost 40.5 pounds since mid january! delighted!

Thanks guys, this thread really keeps me going!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

wow this thread is so busy the last few days, got me right back on track after eating all around me all weekend. i did track though had to use my exercise points for the first time! well done on all the losses everyone

GTI watched the final on satuday couldn't get over the difference of some of them was amazing, off to watch supersize vs superskinny myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

WOW!! Well done, so jealous. I have 120lb to lose in total, am on my 26th week and have lost 44lb. That is brilliant, well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement