Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Bourne Legacy (Bourne 4)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I ownder how this new character will lose his memory, I hope it's a falling anvil or piano

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New US release date

Cant blame any movie not to compete with The Dark Knight Rises

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    New US release date

Cant blame any movie not to compete with The Dark Knight Rises
    Will one week even be enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I'll certainly see this in the cinema but if your Universal I'd be enclined to push it back until end of August. Although ratings will have an effect anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Was looking forward to go see this, in my head i was thinking this weekend. Now i see its not released until monday :confused: .

I havent come across a monday release in a while. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

It's getting pretty terrible reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Matt Damon's comments on the early draft script for the third film are pretty funny. He made them while he was promoting another film last year and later apologised.
    Gilroy wrote Bourne 2 as well: The Bourne Supremacy. Then, Damon says, for The Bourne Ultimatum, the third in the franchise, Gilroy struck a deal to write just one draft of the script, take no notes, do no rewrites, and get paid "an exorbitant amount of money."

"It's really the studio's fault for putting themselves in that position," Damon says. "I don't blame Tony for taking a boatload of money and handing in what he handed in. It's just that it was unreadable. This is a career-ender. I mean, I could put this thing up on eBay and it would be game over for that dude. It's terrible. It's really embarrassing. He was having a go, basically, and he took his money and left."
    http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201201/matt-damon-gq-january-2012-cover-story-article?currentPage=2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

WatchWolf wrote: »
    It's getting pretty terrible reviews.

Slight exaggeration - it's got an average 64 from 13 reviews so far on metacritic. Not great but certainly not terrible so far.

tok9 wrote: »
    Slight exaggeration - it's got an average 64 from 13 reviews so far on metacritic. Not great but certainly not terrible so far.

That's still not promising.

That's still not promising.
    Early reviews are a load of ****e, im not defending it or anything like that im just saying how much the score can change in 7 days of release is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I know a lot on here dont care for it, but Empire gave it 2 stars.

I'll be watching it monday night anyway.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I know a lot on here dont care for it, but Empire gave it 2 stars.

I'll be watching it monday night anyway.
    its at 7.8 on imdb it will be interesting to see what happens with that score in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Saw it last night if you take it as an action movie its not bad but if you compare it to the trilogy then you wont like it

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will one week even be enough?

Well it knocked TDKR off US box office No. 1 spot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Well it knocked TDKR off US box office No. 1 spot

Very good.
    I didn't realise there was this much anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

tok9 wrote: »

When I posted that it had a 40% on RT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

It's alright, but nothing special!
    worst ending ever

Stinks of a money spinner TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

just seen the 2pm show in Galway, not impressed, horrible ending like WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It's okay, certainly not a patch on the previous three. It takes an age to get going, Rachel Weisz was her ever bland self and the editing left the viewer with only the vaguest sense of what was going on once things started moving faster than a snail (although the other films were also guilty of the latter, particularly Supremacy). I wouldn't be in a rush to see it.

Overall too much politicking, not enough ass-kicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I quite enjoyed the direction the movie took. Not as good as the originals but an interesting addition to what is obviously a begining for this character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I liked it, better than I thought it'd be. Obviously the directing isnt in the same class as the 2 previous Bourne films with the absense of Paul Greengrass and all. But Renner is top and Rachel weisz.........well I have the hots for her so I'll be charitable and say she was in the film.
    Overall a decent a movie, not a patch on Bourne 2 or 3 but still head and shoulders above 90% of films I've seen lately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I was kinda expecting an apology and a refund as I left the cinema. It was appalling. And the ending was just....wtf. Genuinely surprised I stayed awake for the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ah Christ I wanted this to be good considering I'm a huge fan of the Bourne franchise as well as Renner and Weisz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Like some of the above posters I liked the direction the story has taken but thats about it really.

One of the better sh!tty film I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Disappointed at reactions was looking forward to Renner taking over

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

This was pretty terrible. CGI stunts, riddled with plotholes, no pacing, OTT technobabble, no humour, dull characters, bad dialogue "If he doesn't viral out, he's gunna run out of brain!"

I'd give it 2/10, it's even worse than that other prequel/parallel franchise film, X-Men:Origins:Wolverine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

disappointed to hear the negative feedback. was gonna try to see this with the old man for his bday as he loved the trilogy but now it looks like I got him hyped up to be disappointed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

Left the cinema before the end. I have NEVER done that before. Avoid like the plague not a patch on the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

very Meh, i loved the original trilogy, I liked Renner and Weisz though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was like the others disappointed at the ending
    I was expecting a mad terminator on Terminator fight with Aaron and the guy from Predators but they killed him off in a bike accident wtf!?!?!

Advertisement