Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French took cocaine before hospitalised

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Wow that was a quick postmortem, i didn't think they would publicly mention it this quick.

Katy RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I never really doubted that, it was the most logical conclusion to draw from the beginning IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Sean_K wrote: »
    I never really doubted that, it was the most logical conclusion to draw from the beginning IMO.

Yes agreed, With the 2 guys in the country in ICU, When i heard of Katy i thought the same has happened to her.Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

drdre wrote: »
    Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

Yes, cause its all their fault :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I know its pedantic, but did French simply take cocaine pre-hospitalisation, or did the cocaine result in her hospitalisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Yes agreed, With the 2 guys in the country in ICU, When i heard of Katy i thought the same has happened to her.Bloody drug dealers should be put in jail or killed.

at the end of the day nobody forced Katy to take anything so therefore the choice was hers. u can't blame a drug dealer because somebody over indulged on something. i feel sorry for her family's loss but theres nobody to blame except for Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

jimi_t wrote: »
    I know its pedantic, but did French simply take cocaine pre-hospitalisation, or did the cocaine result in her hospitalisation.

It hasn't been revealed. But I'm sure a toxicology and post mortem would reveal that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Jay Ru wrote: »
    at the end of the day nobody forced Katy to take anything so therefore the choice was hers. u can't blame a drug dealer because somebody over indulged on something.
    Well it remains to be seen what contaminants were used to cut the cocaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Jay Ru wrote: »
    at the end of the day nobody forced Katy to take anything so therefore the choice was hers. u can't blame a drug dealer because somebody over indulged on something. i feel sorry for her family's loss but theres nobody to blame except for Katy

Apparently, there is to be an investigation to try and track down the dealer who sold it to her. (According to todays The Star)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

I heard a rumour it was someone within RTE, 'high profile'. Heard a name but I won't say, cos it's still just a rumour. I'd say the Gardai are going to go all out on this one.

• Advertisement

Or she could of decided not to take it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭skooterblue

She admitted before she took coacine and then she said she wanted nothing more to do with the cocaine scene. I have no sympathy drugs users they are just as guilty as drug abusers. "I was abused / had a rough childhood / got involved with the wrong people" is not an excuse.

If no one bought drugs, drugs would be worthless. drugs fund organised crime. As for the high profile person in RTE that could be anyone.

You lie down with dogs dont be surprised if you get up with fleas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

I wouldnt agree to that, there are pushers out there that want to make the money so they will push anything to these type of people.

Do you honestly believe that anyone shoved a fifty euro note up her nose last Thursday and forced her to snort?

Nope. She undoubtedly took it of her own free will, just as she had done in the past.

I wouldnt agree to that, there are pushers out there that want to make the money so they will push anything to these type of people.
    Bollocks.

She may have been offered it regularly but it was completely her choice to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Or she could of decided not to take it...

:confused::confused::confused:

Someone forced her to take cocaine?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

It is amazingly fast that they'd have the post mortum results out already. It's probably no big surprise to anybody of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'm reminded of the old adage, "when the sh1t reaches up to your nose, don't open your mouth".

On topic, well it's official now folks, which makes the events of the last week no less sad, whoever the casualty may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

All the off-topic posts about drug dealing and what not have been deleted.

Well it's official now so we can stop having to tippy-toe around the speculation, but still be careful what you say folks, don't want to have to go deleting gazillions of posts or locking yet another thread about this.

By the way, did anyone see the Examiner today where they quoted from a couple of the other threads about this? Luckily they didn't see all of the insulting ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Stargal wrote: »
    By the way, did anyone see the Examiner today where they quoted from a couple of the other threads about this? Luckily they didn't see all of the insulting ones..

That's pretty bent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere. I really hope that Katys death isnt glamourised like so many young,beautiful ,celebrity deaths are.I hope that the press dont start blaming drug dealers etc on the massive problem with drugs in Ireland. Instead they should take a look at society and what is making a whole generation of young Irish people who would seem to have evrything to live for to turn to drugs such as cocaine?

• Advertisement

What was the context Stargal? Was it about how mean people can be or about the allegations (now facts) or how icocaine was the general consensus to begin with?

Oh.

Link perchance? I usually take the mini Indo, primarily 'cos it isn't a redtop and it's easy to read in a layby;)

Proves my point anyway.
    All the off-topic posts about drug dealing and what not have been deleted.

Well it's official now so we can stop having to tippy-toe around the speculation, but still be careful what you say folks, don't want to have to go deleting gazillions of posts or locking yet another thread about this.

Oh.

Link perchance?
    What was the context Stargal? Was it about how mean people can be or about the allegations (now facts) or how icocaine was the general consensus to begin with?
    Can't find a link to it but it was on page 3 of today's Examiner; the whole page was about her death and there was a box that just said something like 'The response from the internet' or something generic like that and then it quoted about five people. Mrs McGyver and TheMinister were two, can't remember who else. Think they were mainly expressing sympathy; one mentioned the insulting posts but if you hadn't read the thread then it probably wouldn't have made sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Fair enough its still a tragedy. 24 year old girl is dead ect....

I do hope there is less in media of her as some sort of patron saint of a new ireland because of this. Comparisons of her as 'our princess di', the 'people's lingerie model'..... its all rubbish really.
    And then all her 'friend's' popping up in various programmes or newspapers sayin that she was a lovely girl and how much the country should be mourning. Half of the country barely knew who she was before she became ill, why should they be mourning? And surely if they were friend's of hers, appearing on morning ireland is not the best place to grieve her death.

Still no reason not to feel sorry for her family and that. They should be allowed to grieve their loss in private, but they won't.

And surely if they were friend's of hers, appearing on morning ireland is not the best place to grieve her death.

Still no reason not to feel sorry for her family and that. They should be allowed to grieve their loss in private, but they won't.

Who was on Morning Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Anyone else think it is an amazing coincidence that that documentary aired on RTE and pushed coke into the spotlight and then all of a sudden we have the deaths at the party and this Katy French thing.

Im not trying to imply anything here I am just pointing out I think it is a bit mad.

Tadhg Peavoy from Sky News, who was a friend of hers, as well as Rosanna Davison and John O'Shea from GOAL. Bit of an odd bunch tbh. You can listen to the report here.

Babybing wrote: »
    Anyone else think it is an amazing coincidence that that documentary aired on RTE and pushed coke into the spotlight and then all of a sudden we have the deaths at the party and this Katy French thing.

Im not trying to imply anything here I am just pointing out I think it is a bit mad.
    To the Conspiracy Theory forum with that kind of talk!

Seriously though, there are a lot of cocaine-related deaths in this country every year; it just so happens that the circumstances surrounding two have been particularly high-profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Rosanna Davison- according to 'Tributes paid to Katy French' on the entertainment section of the RTE site.

• Advertisement

I heard that working class pseudo socialite and latter day drugs campaigner Gavin Lambe Murphy on the News at One today. I had hoped that he would make a contribution to Liveline (not a show I'm a fan of, but needs must) afterward, in light of rebuttals to his comments by model agency colleagues of KF.

Apparently, Jwoah Duffeh mentioned he was lunching with the junior minister and was unavailable.

Shame.

Advertisement