Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

• 17-11-2007 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭

aw the poor little microcube didn't even get a look in:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Has that supreme ever seen a gig? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Anthony_1980

no lol

use it for jamming and recording at home

why wanna buy it lol

nah...Used to have a custom but sold it. Les Paul's are just too heavy and cause me back ache. Lovely sound though if you can handle the weight.

nice....bedspread actually goes well with the guitar:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Same old from me. I do see some additions coming in the not too distant future though.

Use11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Doctor J wrote: »
    ...a gratuitous and pointless pic thread. Show yer axes, gentlemen! :D

Presenting the Bacchuseseseses :)

bkkus.jpg

That's one good lookin' family there!!! Ma & Pa look so proud!!!

Will throw up a few of my modest crew tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

DeadSkin wrote: »
    That's one good lookin' family there!!! Ma & Pa look so proud!!!

Thankee. They're like feckin Pokemon, I feel like I've gotta get them all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Have to say, I really like that Bacchus strat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Good game all round. Nice variety of tastes in this thread, a testament to how great this board is. My camera is in Maynooth and I'm in Dublin, as soon as I can I'll take a nice pic of the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Also, have almost finished my attempt at a 1x12 cab. Had to abandon it for the last month or so, all that's really left is to mount the jack dish and speaker and then tolex it.
    Looking good, definitely have to post your thoughts on it (and pics) when you've got it all up and running. I'm running an Electrovoice 200watt EV12ML in my ported 1x12 and it's almighty to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Looking good, definitely have to post your thoughts on it (and pics) when you've got it all up and running. I'm running an Electrovoice 200watt EV12ML in my ported 1x12 and it's almighty to say the least.

Cheers, will do.
    Looking forward to hearing what it sounds like alright, have been stuck to the headphones for the last few months so probably anything will sound super at this stage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I took this pic especially for this thread. :D

I need to finish the fretless in the front, just the copper shielding to go in and the unwired pots too. Its a very light one alright, just a nudge under 2.5kg.

And of course, my babies either side. The two Aria's. :)

elitebwfretlesscb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

ThOnda wrote: »
    - Man of taste, I must say.

Ah thanks boss. I've gotta say, my GAS is minimal with those two.

lefty guitars just look wrong to me....

Nice though, but they look so strange.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Joe Robot wrote: »
    lefty guitars just look wrong to me....

Nice though, but they look so strange.

Strange? you obviously havent seen me then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Joe Robot wrote: »

The two Aria's. :)

Yeah, I dig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

And the prize goes to Joe Robot for the shiniest cleanest examples! :) Fair play Joe, you keep your gear in top condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

deswalsh wrote: »
    lots of lefties!:D
    lefties.jpg

and some poor photoshopping!

I played the third guitar in the photo there was going to buy it, amazing guitar, loads of beef behind it, was too much bang for me though. Prime example of always having an open mind when buying a guitar, not to be looking for the typical brands and so on - says the man who has three fenders

Quattroste wrote: »
    And the prize goes to Joe Robot for the shiniest cleanest examples! :) Fair play Joe, you keep your gear in top condition.

Thanks :D I don't like really grubby guitars, I can't see why some people don't maintain their guitars. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Same old from me. I do see some additions coming in the not too distant future though.

What's the green one? Looks great!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

feylya wrote: »
    Here's the family:
    Ran9.JPG

What's the third one in there Feylya? Bears a striking resemblance to my own bass does it not? (except of course yours is the wrong way round)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ibanez SR-505.

deswalsh wrote: »
    What's the third one in there Feylya? Bears a striking resemblance to my own bass does it not? (except of course yours is the wrong way round)

The Ibanez and your bass are both made by the same manufacturer, Cortek.
    Your bass is made under Cortek's own brand, Cort Guitars. The manufacturing of Fey's bass was outsourced to Cortek by Ibanez. A lot of companies do this. Cortek actually make about a third of the worlds guitars each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

feylya wrote:
    Ibanez SR-505.

Same as the blonde on the right in my pic. Sturdy little 5-strings for a good price.

Hey Rustar, Hows the Iceman bass? What does it sound similar to?

I've heard that it suffers from terrible neck dive, is that right?

Joe Robot wrote:
    Hey Rustar, Hows the Iceman bass? What does it sound similar to?

I've heard that it suffers from terrible neck dive, is that right?

It's a bit top-heavy, yes, but that's why I have arms the size of bridge cables. :p

I like the sound, seems very 'wooden' and organic to me, for an electric solidbody. Huge long neck on the thing. It's great for general bass or slap/pop, but I can't solo as well with a pick as I used to with the Steinberger because of the massive string spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Rustar wrote: »
    ...And fine single-malts, bourbon, fine ceegars and smokes, without which no proper blues or rock'n'roll can be produced. :)

32117325740.jpg

Very civilised :D

Very civilised :D

Indubitably.....thank you.
    I once met a woman who drove me to drink...
    and I didn't have the courtesy to properly thank her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Really ought to get around to taking a pic o my gear, argh il get around to it later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mmm, Parker Fly, Steinberger! Karl approves! :D

Advertisement