Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you ever meet your favourite celeb?

• 06-11-2007 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Did you ever meet a celebrity that you just loved to bits and thought you'd never see ever and then got to chat to them? Did they live up to your expectations or was it just a downer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 safronlove

I did not get that chance but if i will get it will be like dreams comes true....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i was born after the Lhil Lynott era and was born the week Freddy mercury died... i was in a rally car with collin mac rae before... though me more in 5 mins with simple logic then Anyone else could :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i met dara o brien when i was on tv with him for family affairs and he's the exact same as he is on tv!!he's a laugh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I met Paul Johansson in a club in Vancouver (the Dad from One Tree Hill), and got a photo with him. Couldn't have said he was anywhere near my favourite celeb, don't watch the show or anything, but then he came over, bought the table of me and my mates a round and had a bit of craic with us, so I'd say he's my favourite celeb now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I came back from Los Angeles recently so I met a couple!!

I met Jason Lee from My Name is Earl coming out of an Arcade Fire concert and asked him for a photo. He looked worried that he was going to get swamped by people but his wife/ partner took the photo and he was really nice about it. He's actually way better looking than on the show and totally lived up to expectations.

I got pretty starstuck when I met Steve Aoki (DJ) and Mark Hunter (www.thecobrasnake.com), they posed for a couple of photos and I was blabbering on about how I check the website all the time and I love it, buy the t-shirts etc. Mark even took my photo offguard and put it up on the site. Nobody prob knows who he is but I was on a high afterwards!!

They're the worst photos of me ever...

Other celebs I saw over there was Will Smith and Charlize Theron (filming John Hancock on Hollywood Blvd) and Charlie Sheen (at a taping of two and a half men).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Yeah I've met a few of my favourite celebs.

Kevin Spacey I've met a few times in London... Lovely guy!

Jimmy Carr - sooooo far from his pretentious stage presence. Absolute gent.

Bill Bailey - adorable!!

David Walliams - gorgeous and so friendly

Matt Lucas - what can I say? Such an obliging person and really friendly.

Josh Groban - after his gig at the Point he was driving out through the gate at the side and there was a swarm of fans at the gate. He stopped the car, got out and signed autographs for everyone and chatted and posed for photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

I know, I know, nothing to boast about but i found he was a barrel of laughs, met him in adare in 2004, nice guy, and knows his hurling too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

I know, I know, nothing to boast about but i found he was a barrel of laughs, met him in adare in 2004, nice guy, and knows his hurling too
    Myself and my significant other were strolling down Clanbrassil Street,Limerick in July 2005 when my better half tripped on a loose paving stone and banged her head off the ground - it was quite early in the night and I didn't expect anyone to come to her aid - she was screaming at me and trying to say I pushed her when from the doors of a nearby hotel sauntered three men in suits, one being Minister O'Dea - he picked her up, dusted her down and one of his associates quickly rang a taxi to bring her to the hospital - turns out she was right as rain after a couple of swift halfs but fair dues to Willie and his mates - he always seems to get a bad press but he was there when we needed him and he came to the rescue..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Met Leonard Nimoy in London 2 years ago we were staying in the same hotel - absolute gent very gracious and appreciative - he was particularly chuffed when I asked him about his photography!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

I was only a year old when Freddie Mercury died, and I was all set to meet Bret Hart in Holland a few years back at a meet'n'greet session...it was cancelled 2 weeks prior..It was such a let down. I hope he comes to Ireland for book signings next summer....
    I did meet Wig Wam last year, they are a Norwegian Glam Rock band that were in the 05 Eurovision. Fantastic gig in Nottingham(all day rock concert) and I was really lucky in that I emailed the promoter weeks before saying "Is this over 18's as I'm 16 and don't want to come over from Ireland and not be allowed in"
    He replied with "I'm from Limerick, here's my number and I'll get you backstage"

That was amazing, the band were really nice and there was alot of other bands there...Rob Rouse of Whitesnake was there with his band Winger and I got to talk to them aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

I met Al Pacino when he came over for his doctorate. Seemed really frail the first time outside his hotel but was much livelier later on. Absolute legend, humoured me to get about 50 pics taken and had a few laughs with us. I was shaking like a leaf, no ambitions left now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Met Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin of The Smashing Pumpkins in Barcelona this past May. Myself and some friends were over there to see them at the Primavera Festival so to meet them out on the street while out for a wee stroll was definitely a bonus! They stopped and talked for a few minutes and posed for a pic. Gig was great the following day too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I was delighted to meet Judith Durham of Seekers fame when she came to Liverpool on her solo tour about 8 years ago .She was one of these sixties icons that disappeared of the scene for many years and i always had an image of her in my head .She gave a great concert and i was delighted when after the show she stopped to chat to me and several other people .I got her signed authograph on the programme ,such a lovley lady to .

I also got ringo Starrs autograph in Amsterdam back in the late 70s ,a case of being in the right place at the right time and a nice guy to .The following year Lennon was shot ...... i dont think he might have being so approachable after that .

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I met Al Pacino when he came over for his doctorate. Seemed really frail the first time outside his hotel but was much livelier later on. Absolute legend, humoured me to get about 50 pics taken and had a few laughs with us. I was shaking like a leaf, no ambitions left now!

Nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

This thread is just for meeting your fav celeb; there's a whole other thread here for general celeb-spotting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ar3d

Me No! but am wishing to get a chance to meet my favorite celebrity, which megan fox...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

I met Samantha Janus in Brussels Airport in 1999 when I was flying home for my wedding.

They guy with her was an actor as well and it only came recently that he was married and they were having an affair.

So I must have caught them on a nookie weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I met my idols (the band in my name) in Helsinki in September. Particularly the keyboardist who makes the fangirl in me come out, whenever I think of him. I've been obsessed with this band for 5 years and to meet them was a dream come true. When I first approached him I was really nervous and shaking. Then I went to a nightclub with the band and got hammered and lost my nerves and made a holy show of myself but had a fantastic time. The best day and night of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

met Ray D'Arcy on a campsite in Galway .. loveliest guy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

met cillian murphy about a year ago,he was a lot shorter than i imaginedhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Just came back from Monaco.

Last night I was having dinner in Zebra Promenade on Avenue Princess Grace, when I look over and see a total legend.

None other than Robert Davi. Trust me you will know him when you see his face.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001108/

What a nice guy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Oooh he looks scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I met Dick Spring as a nipper

beat that

And Bob from Fair city.

AND I went out with a friend of the girl who plays Hermione in Harry Potter.

Don;t talk to me about fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'm a big Fun Lovin' Criminals fan. I was coming home from Leeds one Friday, on one of those tiny 10-seater planes, and ended up sitting beside Huey Morgan. It was basically just me and the band on the flight, they were coming over to play Kilkenny. Huey is an absolute GENT, and we spent ages talking about Mobile phones (he was seeing a girl in Ireland and wanted to know if it was cheaper to text from his us mobile or buy an Irish one). Man I was in heaven, but the whole flight I was just busting to take out my phone, call all my mates and say "guess who I'm sitting beside?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

KIVES wrote: »
    Myself and my significant other were strolling down Clanbrassil Street,Limerick in July 2005 when my better half tripped on a loose paving stone and banged her head off the ground - it was quite early in the night and I didn't expect anyone to come to her aid - she was screaming at me and trying to say I pushed her .

Lovely girl :confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i met Keith Wood back in 2002, he is such a nice guy, He is one of my sporting hero's and he is just so nice made my day really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

tbh wrote: »
    I'm a big Fun Lovin' Criminals fan. I was coming home from Leeds one Friday, on one of those tiny 10-seater planes, and ended up sitting beside Huey Morgan. It was basically just me and the band on the flight, they were coming over to play Kilkenny. Huey is an absolute GENT, and we spent ages talking about Mobile phones (he was seeing a girl in Ireland and wanted to know if it was cheaper to text from his us mobile or buy an Irish one). Man I was in heaven, but the whole flight I was just busting to take out my phone, call all my mates and say "guess who I'm sitting beside?"

That's really cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Why yes I have! I met my lifelong hero actor Ian Smith in a Melbourne Pub once.

I asked him "So Harold, why are you such a fat bastard?".

He replied : "Every time I fúck your sister she gives me a cookie."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

not yet

anybody with the whereabouts of Louis Walsh please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wats-da-story?

I met Christy Dignam from Aslan at the taping of an rte young peoples show. My mam had told me he was her second-cousin (my claim to fame for now) so after the show when he was signing autographs I pushed through the crowd and said "Christy, Christy, Christy, I think I'm related to you!" He looked up and I asked him if his uncle was Edward, my mam's granddad's brother (hey, it still counts!). Anyway, he was delighted and said "Giv us a hug, cuz!" SOOO nice!
    b.t.w none of the other dignams I know do drugs, so no nasty messages about me, ok?

Advertisement