Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Giro d'Italia Stage 1 – May 9th, Belfast (TTT) 21km, **Warning: Unmasked Spoilers**

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

neris wrote: »
    stecleary wrote: »
    so dublin city centre would be just painted yellow for the weekend mad.png
    i dunno was just a question i dont race and just cycle wen i do for leisure and fitness
    Wouldn't take that personally - I just interpreted the 'frownie' as a sign of frustration at the high density of manhole covers therein :D. (But maybe that's just me)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭torturedsoul

Inquitus wrote: »
    He has a point, the crowd were very well behaved, but you shouldn't have mountain top crowd structure at a 50kph TTT, the roads weren't great either.

BANG ON! Was thinking that myself. Call me skeptical but it felt to me like that mountain top finish feel they created today was pre-planned. No way that volume of people should have been allowed kneel out in front of a 50KPH train. I spotted children doing it FFS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm gutted for Dan. First LBL and now this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I couldn't find original post of person who was looking for bunting. According to Woodie's website they have 12 ft pink bunting for €2.99. Also Art and Hobby shop in swords selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Folks - hope it is alright to put a few photos up of the practice runs from this morning in Belfast City Centre.

011-4.jpg

003-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-6.jpg

009-7.jpg

012-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Folks - hope it is alright to put a few photos up of the practice runs from this morning in Belfast City Centre.

Ha, I probably saw you there with the Lampre team. Don't know what you look like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Ha, I probably saw you there with the Lampre team. Don't know what you look like though.

Fat bloke, with grey hair, cursing at my camera, as the battery ran out!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Wouldn't take that personally - I just interpreted the 'frownie' as a sign of frustration at the high density of manhole covers therein :D. (But maybe that's just me)

Spot on man. As you come over the Sam becket bridge south bound you have to avoid 9 man hole covers scattered on a right hander while showing traffic who's boss

Great shot I took of Team USA today.

Go team USA! :p

306351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Thats a cracking result for Roche and Majka, puts a little shine on an otherwise crappy day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I stopped taking photos after these three teams cos I ended up looking at everything through the camera rather than IRL and my photos were gonna be just as ****e as the 100,000 other photos of the same online

14146849131_32fd481e47_c.jpg

14147316022_b58024c13e_c.jpg

14146848601_bd1ce07fac_c.jpg

So here's the photos I wanted to take most, along with the other 100,000 online:

14150332454_31f9d88452_c.jpg

14150173635_297a1c19f6_c.jpg

13963525180_a3c623c46b_c.jpg

13963526848_186626cc8c_c.jpg

There's a few more here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44567935@N00/sets/72157644589307671/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Luke Durbridge's SRM Data for the TTT

Giro1_full.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I stopped taking photos after these three teams cos I ended up looking at everything through the camera rather than IRL and my photos were gonna be just as ****e as the 100,000 other photos of the same online

Know the feeling! That's why I was grateful for the TTT practice in the morning, I could snap away and I wouldn't miss anything significant.

Speaking of ****e, I couldn't believe what some people were wasting their batteries on at the team presentation. There was a woman who was taking constant videos and pictures of the models walking on with the leaders' jerseys. Who's ever going to want to see that again :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Meh, people can take photos of whatever they want to be honest... project for photography class?!?

Know the feeling! That's why I was grateful for the TTT practice in the morning, I could snap away and I wouldn't miss anything significant.

Speaking of ****e, I couldn't believe what some people were wasting their batteries on at the team presentation. There was a woman who was taking constant videos and pictures of the models walking on with the leaders' jerseys. Who's ever going to want to see that again :confused:
    Yeah I took loads of photos of the practice, but was to busy cheering the riders on for the actual TT.

The speed they were going at was phenomenal. It would have been pointless anyway with my Camera on my phone.

As for the team presentation, I took a few photos of the trophy and the Irish lads as they were being interviewed, (sorry :O ) but I'm never going to look back and be disappointed I didn't take that photo of the Bardiani team or AG2R standing on the stage awkwardly.

Didn't take many at the team buses either. Not a big cyclist TBH, and my fandom of the sport only goes as far as following Roche/Martin/Deignan/Bennett and the Grand Tours (I'm a filthy casual). However, I was simply in awe of the gear that they had. The bikes were amazing, every tweak was important. In fact nearly all the changes I saw after the practice session were for comfort, like the saddle being lowered or the arm rests being balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Really nice edition of the Orica Directors Cut from stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Boardsies Giro Selfie!

306387.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

FDJ and Ireland's first Track Cycling World Champion since Harry Reynolds.

306394.JPG

Tinkoff Saxo setting off on their way to a good result for Roche.

306395.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Really nice edition of the Orica Directors Cut from stage 1.

They always come across as so extremely likable.

Advertisement