Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

messrs wrote: »
    2lb of 2nite! Finally made it into the 11's!!! Only just tho, current weight 11 stone 13.5lb!! so happy!
    total weight lost now 4 stone 4.5 lbs - close to my 9th silver seven:D

next few mini goals

get to single numbers in the lbs - ie. 11 stone 9lb
    then get under 11 and a half stone
    then get to 11 stone 5lbs (total lost will be 5 stone!!)
    then get into the 10's!

i know they are a long way of but just giving myself something to aim to!!!

Well done messrs, great result. Fantastic weight loss so far, you are doing brilliant. Do you mind me asking how long you are doing this? Well done again, you're an inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pamkin30

haven't been on here much lately as i have completely fell off the wagon over the past month, weighed in this morn and i am up 6 pounds:mad: so gutted with myself feel like completely giving up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Monife wrote: »
    Well done messrs, great result. Fantastic weight loss so far, you are doing brilliant. Do you mind me asking how long you are doing this? Well done again, you're an inspiration!

Thanks Monife. I started on 10th August last year so almost one year in now. I would love to have reached my 5th Stone by August but I will be happy just get close to it. Its a long hard road and I still have a long way to go but just happy to have made the start.

pamkin30 wrote: »
    haven't been on here much lately as i have completely fell off the wagon over the past month, weighed in this morn and i am up 6 pounds:mad: so gutted with myself feel like completely giving up:(

Don't give up. 6lb may feel like a lot but you will have it off in no time and then some! The first step is to go back to a meeting (if you go to them or haven't done so already). Make out a meal plan for the week, make a shopping list based on that and stock up on all the fruit you like and a few low PP treats. Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you have a little slip. We are all human and we all make mistakes, we just need to learn from them. Making ourselves feel guilty is a downward spiral. We have to admit we are human, and pick ourselves up again. Come on, you can do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Remember that weight that goes on fast like that comes off fast too, so give yourself a couple of weeks back on WW and I'll bet you can have most if not all of those 6lbs off.

I know because it's happened to me. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys, quick question! Regarding Weight Watcher weeks..

Do you start the week pointwise on weigh in day or the following day?

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

Weigh in day, if you are talking about weeklies. Because you weigh in and then anything you eat after weigh in counts towards your next weigh in, so your weeklies reset after weigh in. If that makes sense :p

Monife wrote: »
    Weigh in day, if you are talking about weeklies. Because you weigh in and then anything you eat after weigh in counts towards your next weigh in, so your weeklies reset after weigh in. If that makes sense :p

That makes sense definately! I was always starting the day after weigh in so that should give it a bit of a change up.. Thanks =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi Eabhabear, congrats on your loss! How long had you been gone from ww if you don't mind me asking? I'm about to join back in tomorrow after like 7 weeks! Really looking forward to it =)

Thanks. I've been gone since the beginning of May because of exams and holidays and then I struggled to get back into it. I haven't gone back to classes though I'm doing it from home. It feels so good to be back because my mum and my friend both said that the stone gain was noticeable (in a nice way!) and I had noticed it in pics of myself. My first week back wasn't perfect so even if you have a bad day don't let it ruin the whole week! It can take a while to get back into it properly.
    Looking to loose as much weight in the 5 weeks to my holiday!! Would running or the 30 day shed be more beneficial??

I did 30 Day Shred before mine and it was very effective. I wore a bikini for the first time ever and got a lot of compliments. Running is very good though as well maybe do running every 2 days so you get the best out of both of them.

I was up a stone so 6lbs isn't a lot. The important thing is not to give up as that 6lbs will become a stone and then 2 stone. Think about the good things of losing weight and how you felt at your heaviest.

I try to start on the day of WI as it's less tempting to have a treat after WI as that treat for me can sometimes turn into a binge. That was a problem I had when I was struggling to lose weight. As Monife said it makes more sense for the weeklies!

Since there are a few new people and others who are starting back, I thought it might be a nice idea for those of us who have been at it a while to share our stories?
    I started WW in September 2010. My heaviest weight was 14 stone 13lbs. I managed to get to 11st 10lbs where I hit a plateau and kept shifting between 12st and 11st 10. I gained a lot of self-confidence with the weight I lost. I was able to wear nice dresses and shopping became a joy and not stressful although it is stressful on my bank balance now :D I started to feel more comfortable talking to guys :o My friends noticed a huge difference in me and one of my guy friends even said that I seemed to walk taller now!
    When I hit my plateau I decided to stop going to meetings as I felt it was a waste of €10 every week. I started to focus on toning and losing inches. Since Jan of this year I lost 15 inches all over doing exercise dvds and following WW at home. Slowly the scales began to move again. I completed my finals in May and was on holidays and have since put on a stone so my first goal is to lose that before trying to get rid of the rest of the weight :)
    My advice to new people starting out is to take your time. Don't expect huge losses every week. A half lb loss is a loss so don't be disheartened. Don't give up. If it's not working just try something new. It's a long and hard journey but it is worth it and as the cliché says what you put in you get back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Breakfast: 2 egg omlette with veg (onions, tomato and pepper) (5)
    Lunch: Wholemeal bread with Ham and low low with a Mandarin (7)
    Dinner: Chicken Pasta Bake (All homemade, loads veg in it) (12)
    Snack: Muller light & Mandarin (2)

Total: 26ppts

Do you have a recipe for the pasta bake you would share??
    I love it but most of the jars are so high in points its not worth it, and it would be nice to make it from scratch!

Aww Eabhabear! You're story makes me reminisce!! =)

I started out 15 stone 13! I made that 16 stone! I was shocked! In the space of 18 weeks I lost 1stone and 12 lbs!

I stopped going to meetings about 6 weeks ago and I ww fell by the wayside!! Luckily I have only gained 4 lbs back!

The one thing that will always stick in my mind happened about 5 weeks ago, I was in New Look and I was looking a beautiful blazer in the Inspire range, the plus size range! The girl who worked there turned to me and said, you know these sizes only start in an 18, you should look on the far side of the shop!! Little did she know I still take between a 16 or an 18 but I took what she said as a HUGE compliment!!
    Another thing that really 'gets my goat' is the sizes of clothes in Penneys! Today I had a cardi, a top and a pair of jeans on, all from Penneys, the cardi was a size 10, the top a size 14 and the jeans a size 18!! It just does not makes sense so I have made myself oblivious to the sizes in Penneys because they mean NOTHING!!!!

I have so much more confidence these days! Still at least 3 stone to go but it's definately worth the hard work =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

messrs wrote: »
    2lb of 2nite!...
    total weight lost now 4 stone 5.5 lbs - close to my 9th silver seven

I'm the EXACT same as you messrs!

I was down 2lbs tonight and am now at a total loss of 4 stone 5.5lbs. I'm hoping to lose 1.5 this week for my 9th silver 7. Let's hope we both do it!

Aww Eabhabear! You're story makes me reminisce!! =)

I started out 15 stone 13! I made that 16 stone! I was shocked! In the space of 18 weeks I lost 1stone and 12 lbs!

I stopped going to meetings about 6 weeks ago and I ww fell by the wayside!! Luckily I have only gained 4 lbs back!

The one thing that will always stick in my mind happened about 5 weeks ago, I was in New Look and I was looking a beautiful blazer in the Inspire range, the plus size range! The girl who worked there turned to me and said, you know these sizes only start in an 18, you should look on the far side of the shop!! Little did she know I still take between a 16 or an 18 but I took what she said as a HUGE compliment!!
    Another thing that really 'gets my goat' is the sizes of clothes in Penneys! Today I had a cardi, a top and a pair of jeans on, all from Penneys, the cardi was a size 10, the top a size 14 and the jeans a size 18!! It just does not makes sense so I have made myself oblivious to the sizes in Penneys because they mean NOTHING!!!!

I have so much more confidence these days! Still at least 3 stone to go but it's definately worth the hard work =)

You'll have those 4lbs gone in no time :) I love when people give you those subtle compliments it makes all the hard work seem worthwhile!
    Sizes in shops are a pain. I was shopping today as well and some I was trying on size 12 tops which were too big for me but then I was trying on size 16 jeans which were too small for me and the 18 was barely fitting :confused: I've always been bigger on bottom but surely there can't be that big a difference between my upper and lower body! One thing that I have overcome is I used to refuse to buy jeans as I kept saying wait until you get to a size 14. I have now realised that I'll probably always have a big bottom so I'm just going to buy whatever size looks good on me regardless of what that size is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm different from most and I reset mine the day after. I find it easier to keep track if i go from wednesday morn to tuesday evening everyweek. Also I have an app that I use for tracking and you can't reset the points halfway through a day, so it does it for me on a wednesday. And regardless of how many weeklies you use between each WI once they are within a 7 days it all evens out. I could eat all 49 of my weeklies on the day before WI and then all 49 of the following weeks the day after WI - so it would be very close together but it should still work out. I dont like to split days and if you have to move WI day one week it gets very messy. Again this is just my perspective, but its working for me - in 28 weeks I have only gained once and had a couple of STS but mostly I knew why. And i usually do tend to use up any leftover weeklies I may have after WI and I'm still losing (dont go over them though). I think just find what works for you and stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Good idea Eabhabear..

I've been in WW too many times to remember, but I joined in January 2011 and something clicked finally. I think what's helped me is getting it in my head that a bad day does not have to turn into a bad week, which inevitably would result in me not going to my WW class for months!

I haven't lost as much as a lot of people on this, about 1.5 stone, but it has stayed off, well most of it, even when I've gone off-side. I don't lost weight fast at all, and that I have learned to live with and not get impatient.. I reckon if I lost another 2 stone I'd be a very happy camper, and that is what I intend on doing. I think this thread is my saving grace, as there is so much support and advice- it's like a meeting everyday! Anyone starting out Id give them one piece of advice- track!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Looking to loose as much weight in the 5 weeks to my holiday!! Would running or the 30 day shed be more beneficial??

Defo the 30 day Shred, I am doing it over a week now and already seeing results. I like running too though so you can always do both?! You only need a spare half hour to do the 30 day shred in the mornings. Sometimes I go for a 10k walk or run in the evenings too.

Good idea Eabhabear :)

I started my real weightloss journey in November 2010 at 18 stone 3lb. I say real, because I have been overweight since I was 9 or 10 years old (but never really wanted to put the effort in to lose weight) and my mum and nanny were always at me to lose weight from a young age so I have done Weight Watchers when I was a teen, but didn't follow it. I did Weight Motivation Clinic and it worked for a few weeks but then I fell off the wagon. My mum got the doctor to prescribe me diet pills, again worked for a while but not long term. I was dragged to the doctor and had every test imaginable, no underlying reason. I just overeat and have done since my parents divorce. I developed a really bad relationship with food and became a secret eater and a binge eater. Something I still haven't fully overcome and don't know if I will without counselling or some sort of cognitive behavioural therapy but I am going to try and do it myself first.

So I started in November 2010, and within the first 8 months, I had lost 51lb (3 stone 9lb). Then I had my hen weekend, wedding and honeymoon and fell off the wagon. I continued to go to class but it was always up 2 down 1 etc etc.. I stopped going in December because of all the events and parties and nights out. I rejoined the end of January. I then had a look at my weight loss tracker and realised that (with all the ups and downs between August and January) that I had gained 16lb. Since January, I have only lost 6lb (currently 15 stone 5lb). I think I have hit a major plateau because I have been on the same points for so long. I joined a gym 3 weeks ago and decided I want to become fit and strong. Before, I thought I could lose the weight by just healthy eating and walking, but it's not working. The first week of gym-going, I gained 1.5lb and was seriously p*ssed that I ate rings around me and STS the following week. Weigh in 3 tonight and really hoping for a good loss. So that is my story, sorry for the long ramble :o

Onwards and downwards :)

Ok, have decided to give myself a few mini goals to spur me on :)

1. Lose 6lb to get into the 14's
    2. Lose a further 4lb to get my 50lb cert :) (Never got it when I first hit that goal)
    3. Lose a further 6lb to get my 8th silver seven (ideally would like to have this by the time I am going on holidays in October, 16lb in 12 weeks, hopefully achievable)
    4. Lose a further 4lb to get into the 13's
    5. Lose a further 3lb to get my 9th silver seven :)

So my story now.

I first joined WW at 17 at 12 and a half stone, that was where the struggle really started. Between the ages of 17 and 25 I followed weight watchers on and off (more on than off) and while I never got to my goal weight (10 stone) I did get very close on a few occasions and generally managed to maintain my weight at a healthy place, between 10 and 11 stone for the most part. Then at 25 I went travelling and when I came back I was nearly 14 stone. That was october 2010 and I joined back to WW straight away, messed around for a few months and then got serious in Jan 2011 and lost a stone. I then met my OH and it all fell by the wayside amidst dinners out and movie nights in a very little exercise. In september I tried to lose weight on my own, joined the gym and went 4 times a week - but i just couldnt do the diet part on my own and decided over xmas that I was back at ww in Jan. Was shocked to find i was 14st3.5lbs - half a pound off 200lbs which really upset me, but i guess it spurned me on to take it seriously this time.

over 6 months in and I'm down 2stone 8.5lbs and there is no sign of me giving up any time soon. Am determined to get to goal no matter how long it takes me and will not miss a meeting no matter how bad i think the result might be. In the right mindset and have the support of my lovely OH and all my family which makes it a lot easier and I know I will get there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

I'm loving all the stories- great suggestion Eabha. I'm short on time at the moment, but will add mine after the weekend.
    I'm ashamed to say I skipped my meeting yesterday. First time I've done that for no good reason. I've been finding lately that I'm sliding into an old habit of coming out of my meeting and eating all around me. I'm going to London tomorrow, and staying with a friend tonight, so I was afraid this week that eating all around me on wed would stretch into thur, and then continue as I was away all weekend, so I didnt take the risk. Truth be told, I'd have been up yesterday if I'd gone. I'm hoping being with friends all weekend will curb my appetite- one of my biggest problems is eating to excess when I'm by myself. And that lots of walking along with carrying/pushing baby will keep things at bay. 4 more weeks before I go back to work, and I'd love to be comfortably in the 13s by then. For the first time in many years.
    I promise (myself) that next wed I'll be back on that scales to take whatever comes. I'm also going to put my bathroom scales into retirement!
    Have a jolly good weekend folks! I'll be back Mon!

Just back from my first weigh in in 8 weeks!

My scales at home was showing my up 4 lbs, but to my COMPLETE surprise I was only up half a pound!!

Really looking forward to getting back into it all =)

They seem to have changed the legaro menu at milanos - does anyone have the updated propoints for the new pizza names. The only nutritional info I can find is that they each have around 500calories? Going tonight and wanna know how to pp it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Been ages since I logged on!!! how is every one doing!!!

I am stuck in a rut!!! down 1 back up 1 for over a month now. I was up 2.5 today!!! not to happy over it!! but may be its the good kick up the backside I needed.

So back to tracking every thing so hoping I see some good results to the exercise I am doing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Anyone tips for packed lunches? The only meat I really eat is turkey and don't like fish!! Have been having lettuce peppers cucumber tomatoes and colslaw with rivita for ages but doesn't seem to satisfy me any more and I find I'm munching choc in the afternoon!! Any help would be really appreciated

They seem to have changed the legaro menu at milanos - does anyone have the updated propoints for the new pizza names. The only nutritional info I can find is that they each have around 500calories? Going tonight and wanna know how to pp it!

I had a Padana Leggera last night and pointed it at 14pp. I always get the same thing every time I go. I can't remember where or when I found out that it was 14pp though (it was a good while ago).

Anyone tips for packed lunches? The only meat I really eat is turkey and don't like fish!! Have been having lettuce peppers cucumber tomatoes and colslaw with rivita for ages but doesn't seem to satisfy me any more and I find I'm munching choc in the afternoon!! Any help would be really appreciated

I'm a veggie so I don't eat meat at all. I have all kinds of lunch though. Some examples:

2 slices of Dunnes Better for you Stoneground bread (2pp), 35g Dunnes houmous (2pp) and 40g Low Low Cheddar (3pp) with spinach, cherry tomatoes and beetroot on the side. Total of 7pp.

100g cooked brown pasta (4pp), 1tsb pesto (1pp), spinach, cherry tomato, roasted red pepper and 2tbsp sweetcorn (2pp), with loads of black pepper. Total of 7pp.

Quorn fillet torn into pieces (1pp) with spinach, cherry tomatoes, 2tbsp sweetcorn (2pp), with loads of black pepper. Eaten with 3 Wholegrain Ryvita Crackerbreads (1pp) covered in 30g of Tesco reduced fat garlic and herb cream cheese (1pp). Total 5pp.

2 slices of Dunnes Better for you Stoneground bread (2pp), 10g Low Low spread (1pp), 2 slices of Quorn ham (1pp) and 30g Low Low Cheddar (2pp) with spinach, cherry tomatoes and beetroot on the side. Total of 6pp.

With all of these I usually have fruit, like an apple or a banana or some berries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ Alfredo Brief Cove

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Since there are a few new people and others who are starting back, I thought it might be a nice idea for those of us who have been at it a while to share our stories?

Hi all
    Thanks for the idea Eabhabear. I just joined WW for the first time. I'd never dieted until 2years ago and it's been a whirlwind of weight gain ever since!

I'm three stone over weight and I'm at the stage where I feel depressed when I see photos of myself. I haven't been on a night out in months, as I cant bear to dress up. I wear tracksuits as much as possible, even though I know they only make me look fatter than I am. I'm a comfort eater who has been going through a rough time for the last four years and I'm hoping that WW and exercise will help me get out of that rut. I'm also hoping that you guy will be the extra support (or kick up the bum), that I need.

Looking forward to hitting my first 7lbs loss!

A

Hi all
    Thanks for the idea Eabhabear. I just joined WW for the first time. I'd never dieted until 2years ago and it's been a whirlwind of weight gain ever since!

I'm three stone over weight and I'm at the stage where I feel depressed when I see photos of myself. I haven't been on a night out in months, as I cant bear to dress up. I wear tracksuits as much as possible, even though I know they only make me look fatter than I am. I'm a comfort eater who has been going through a rough time for the last four years and I'm hoping that WW and exercise will help me get out of that rut. I'm also hoping that you guy will be the extra support (or kick up the bum), that I need.

Looking forward to hitting my first 7lbs loss!

A

Welcome to the thread! Best of luck with your journey and I can def say that the guys on here offer fantastic support, advice and recipes. I know i'd be lost without them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Just wondering does anyone know if the dunnes better for you granary bread is 2 slices for 2pp/3pp?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement