Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gas conversion on an American RV

• 10-04-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with gas systems on American RVs? I am looking at the best option to get it working and am a bit confused now. I have the regulator and screw on fitting but I presume these need replacing to use propane over here? Can I just buy a normal clip on propane fitting and use the cylinders refills here? Is there a better/cheaper option?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

The best bet is contact contact Duncan at star spangled spanner on 0044 1522 778944 or mobile 0044 7738 669938 or email him at sales@starspangledspanner.com I have found him to be very good in regards all things rv related he may even have adaptors for your system, with out seeing what you have I assume you do not have a tank on board but want to attach bottles also look up his web site you me be able to come up with ideas then try a gas company here re same

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭philahern

Thanks for that. I did come across that website so might give them a call as all the options on fittings, regulators, gas etc are starting to confuse the hell out of me.

When I say RV what it actually is is a small popup camper (I've been reading their brochures for too long) It has a regulator and screw on connector at the front of it that takes propane cylinders. I presume I will be able to either swap out the regulator or get an adapter to fit Irish connectors just hoping someone had done something similar and could point me in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

if it a rubber hose you could always cut it and put on one of our regulators just seal and clamp/jubulie clip it all the things onboard will work then the guys down here in the cork gas centre might be able to help you with that on 021 4963749

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

What vehicle is it out of interest? Any photos? I have a 79 Chevy cobra camper meself.

ChevyVansideview.jpg

Sweet. Very cool looking bus. Mines a Pop-up Trailer Camper not in the same league at all :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Ah yeah I know the type my parents used to own one , handy yokes.

Just thought I'd update the thread with the solution. I took off the existing two phase regulator and hose. This exposed a nozzle that I was able to fit a normal Irish propane low pressure regulator and hose to. All in all very simple.

This is the popup at vantastival a couple of week ago :-)

525490_10150803853509150_48282669149_9555741_1888719069_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Looks very good and so handy.

Just out of intertest, how long does it take to put fully up as in your pic?.

Not too long, about 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

philahern wrote: »
    Not too long, about 10 mins.

Fine job.
    I miss my trailer tent ... Used take me an hour and a half of sweat tho to get it all up.
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

If you don't mind spending a few euros :) check out the trailer tents this company make :

http://www.holtkamper.com/en/index.html

Saw them at the show in Dusselfdorf over the past few years.

Advertisement