Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Musicians Wanted for Alternative Rock Band in Dublin

• 12-03-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Long-time forum follower, first time poster.

I’m looking to start some type of alternative rock band in Dublin. I’m reluctant to define a particular sound as I think it’s something that develops overtime but hopefully it would be something that draws on a number of different genres across the ‘alternative’ spectrum. As a result the ideal people involved would have diverse influences; indie, garage, punk, post rock, post punk, post hardcore, post punk revival (anything with post in the title really :-)), noise pop, shoegaze, math rock etc.. That’s not an exhaustive list by any means but some sort of mixture of sounds is the general idea.

I mainly play guitar but can also play bass and a little bit of keys (quite badly). Initially I am looking for a bassist, drummer and possibly a guitarist but if you feel you have something else to offer by all means get in contact. No experience in a band is necessary and you don’t have to be a musical genius either, a basic understanding of your instrument and will do.

The plan would be to start with a few covers but the ultimate aim would be to do originals. Age wise somewhere between 18 and 25 would be good.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of that. If any of it sounded interesting or you want to know more send me a PM or post below and I’ll get back to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Eoinmh

I play drums. Have you any recordings?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Niall145

Hi, I'm based in North Dublin and I share a lot of your musical tastes, particularly indie, post-punk, shoegze etc., although my influences are very diverse, and I am pretty much looking to develop something similar myself. I am primarily a guitarist but also play keys and violin. I also have a very good ear for melody and would like to develop original material with a unique sound within a band context.

Thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Balbo

Eoinmh wrote: »
    I play drums. Have you any recordings?
    Niall145 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm based in North Dublin and I share a lot of your musical tastes, particularly indie, post-punk, shoegze etc., although my influences are very diverse, and I am pretty much looking to develop something similar myself. I am primarily a guitarist but also play keys and violin. I also have a very good ear for melody and would like to develop original material with a unique sound within a band context.

Thanks,

Niall

PMs sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Wooly1984

Hey My names Ian

Im a guitarist in my late 20's whos played in several bands over the last 7years.
    My main influences in my playing have been Oasis, Smith's,Paul Weller, Johnny marr, Kasabian and Noel gallagher. Mostly early to mid 90s

Im proficient in playing lead guitar as most of my solos would be cool melodic stuff rather than shredding all over the neck and im a very strong rhythm Player

Im looking to join or start up a band if anyone wants to join up to Jam and see how it works.
    Im interested in making original music and not being a cover band, we need more original music

Im based in Louth but can travel

I have all my own gear, I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio
    my Amp is a Marshall 100 watt DSL
    Marshal 4x12 cab 1964A
    Various effects
    Im actively writing and playing

If Interested let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pacbass

Bassist/Backup Vox here, 21. Kildare/Dublin based, very into garage and post rock/post hardcore vibes and love some good math rock and noise rock too.

Would love to jam sometime if you're up for it. Bands of influence would be Million Dead/Frank Turner, Alexisonfire, DFA1979 and letlive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Balbo

Wooly1984 wrote: »
    Hey My names Ian

Im a guitarist in my late 20's whos played in several bands over the last 7years.
    My main influences in my playing have been Oasis, Smith's,Paul Weller, Johnny marr, Kasabian and Noel gallagher. Mostly early to mid 90s

Im proficient in playing lead guitar as most of my solos would be cool melodic stuff rather than shredding all over the neck and im a very strong rhythm Player

Im looking to join or start up a band if anyone wants to join up to Jam and see how it works.
    Im interested in making original music and not being a cover band, we need more original music

Im based in Louth but can travel

I have all my own gear, I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio
    my Amp is a Marshall 100 watt DSL
    Marshal 4x12 cab 1964A
    Various effects
    Im actively writing and playing

If Interested let me know

pacbass wrote: »
    Bassist/Backup Vox here, 21. Kildare/Dublin based, very into garage and post rock/post hardcore vibes and love some good math rock and noise rock too.

Would love to jam sometime if you're up for it. Bands of influence would be Million Dead/Frank Turner, Alexisonfire, DFA1979 and letlive.

PMs sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juditlopez

Hello, I sing and I play the guitar I would want to find a band for have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 11 juditlopez

Hi, I'm 22 years old and I'm a singer. I just learn to sing for 3 years ago and I love it. I would like find a band for grow up together in the music and have fun

Advertisement