Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in GTA Online when you're bored.

• 09-01-2015 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Post the random things you can do online, that we haven't thought of, preferably with the crew.

If anyone wants to try anything thats posted here, use the crew discussion thread to organise it.

Bounties on a train:
      Crew members put bounties on each other and hop on a train.
      Then wait for randomers to come after you.
      Last bounty standing wins

The Bounty Hunting Game:
        One player is the bounty hunter, everyone else has bounties on them.
        When someone gets their bounty claimed, they turn into a bounty hunter and so on until the last bounty is left.
        Rules & allowed weapons have to be agreed before hand.

The Bounty Taxi Ride:
          Take a taxi from Paleto Bay to the Airport in a full lobby while you have a bounty on you.
          If reach your destination without dying, you win.

Highway Frogger:
            Walk across a busy motorway, in first person view, without looking left or right.
            Whoever survives the longest without dying wins.

Car Meets:
              Choose a class of car.
              We all meet up, take a few pics & go for a drive. Simples

Maze Bank - Demolition Derby:
                Get a cargobob & place as many crew members with their cars on top on the maze bank.
                After a countdown we try to push each other off.
                Whoever is the last man on the roof wins.
                Probably better done with cars off the street because if you fall off, you will explode :pac:
                Crew pic

Mugger TV:
                  Get a gang in an apartment.
                  Send a mugger after a random person.
                  Watch on tv as they get mugged.

Pin a sticky on a afk player:
                    Stick a sticky bomb on a paused player and take a selfie with them before they return.
                    See how long they will stay with it on them before they either go into passive mode or leave the session.

Crew Hatchet Killers:
                      Best with a lot of crew members.
                      Find a low level player and we all gang up on him using hatchets only.

Lobby Bus Tours:
                        Get a bus and try to get as many randomers in it as possible before someone blows the bus up.
                        Our record on ps3 was 9. :pac:

Into the Blender:
                          Have a chopper hovering just above the ground.
                          Get a 2nd chopper and fly high in the sky.
                          Hop out and skydive all the way & aim for the blades.

Ultimate Hitman:
                            Kill everyone in the session once.
                            You'll probably need a note pad for yourself & to take screenshots to prove this :D

Weaponised Cargobob:
                              Get a cargobob and fly into Fort Zancudo while you have cops turning a blind eye enabled.
                              Have a crew member with a wanted level in the army base so tanks will spawn.
                              Pick up a tank with a npc soldier inside & then go into passive mode.
                              Fly around Los Santos, the tank should attack anyone with a wanted level.

So any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Love the hatchet and the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Mugger TV never gets old.
                              I love the last one too btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I got the cargobob'd tank to work once when Phobos was online.

Got him to shoot the tank and the tank took him out. :pac:

Couldn't get it to work the last time I tried as no tanks would spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Proco Jr. wrote: »
                              I got the cargobob'd tank to work once when Phobos was online.

Got him to shoot the tank and the tank took him out. :pac:

Couldn't get it to work the last time I tried as no tanks would spawn.

I've had people fly me around in the tank a few times, hard enough to aim properly but it's a good laugh, we could try midair tank jousting? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Troll the HPV

Once you spot someone has stolen the HPV, head down to the docks and place an obstacle (car armed with a sticky) in front of Simeon's garage. Go off the radar once you spot the HPV approaching the docks. Climb the nearby machinery and observe the HPV arriving through your sniper lens. Once the player gets out of the HPV and into the obstacle, set off the sticky. With a bit of luck you should destroy the HPV too. Send the player a text, "lol", set Chat to "Everyone", and prepare to witness a complete meltdown.

Since the introduction of proximity mines I usually plant one outside Simeon's garage then keep an eye out for the HPV notification. Watch the player on TV as he attempts to deliver the HPV, only to meet his demise via the mine. A "lol" text also does wonders here :D

And if by some freak of nature they manage to deliver the HPV, send a mugger after them to rob them of their recently earned cash the moment they emerge from the garage.

Anyone who has just collected a crate is also a perfect candidate for a mugging.

• Advertisement

NPC Battle

Head to Grove St. and park near gang members. Call the cops and give the gang members the finger. The gang members should pull out their guns just as the cops arrive, setting off an entertaining NPC battle.
                              The gang usually win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Last night I had a bounty on me - 5 grand. I flew up to the North East where the Submarine spawns. I hopped in the Sub drove a short distance out to sea - I stayed about 100ft under water. I waited for a bit and low behold I see this chap coming my direction to the beach nearest my location. He waited and waited until eventually he began to swim out to sea to try and get me.... soon as he got about 50 metres from me I drove off hahaha... he was raging he had to swim all the way back to shore.

Then he sent mercenaries after me to no avail - I descended to 450ft and he was waiting in a speedboat above me.... he eventually gave up as he just couldn't get me! Some trolling!

We should so do that last one when we are on, its like the bounty train but better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Am going on now to attempt some of these :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

djflawless wrote: »
                              Am going on now to attempt some of these :)

I'll do one with ya in a few days. See can we get 2 or 3 lads. Load up on stickies and homo missiles lol

• Advertisement

I'll do one with ya in a few days. See can we get 2 or 3 lads. Load up on stickies and homo missiles lol

Deal :)
                              Were you on the night we drove the Canadian guy mad about his homo missile wanting to destroy everyones asses??

I also want to try a race from the top of mount chilliad to the cable car start. Done it with a few others before with custom cars but want to try with bmx, or tractor, or taco vans :0

djflawless wrote: »
                              Deal :)
                              Were you on the night we drove the Canadian guy mad about his homo missile wanting to destroy everyones asses??

I also want to try a race from the top of mount chilliad to the cable car start. Done it with a few others before with custom cars but want to try with bmx, or tractor, or taco vans :0

On? I was the one who started it :D me , u , viverrine and CJX. Good laugh that night man

I'm going on there soon feck it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭C0MM0D0RE64

Me and my brother used to get 2 submarines go over by the airport and stick 9k bounties on eachother and sit at the bottom of the seabed, watch the entire map swarm towards you before they realise.. they've been trolled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

So the other day I was by LSC in the city and I decided to stick a proximity bomb at the corner of the first laneway into the area then one at the ramp into LSC and another by the stairs then by the other laneway.

I drove off to sell some Rat Loaders, had forgotten all about the bombs when I got the little pp up to say I had killed someone.
                              About 30 seconds later I get another pop up, I had killed the same guy.
                              All I hear over the mic is some little kid "Dude, where are you? stop killing me"
                              A minute later, another pop up, same guy again and he is going mad.
                              I thought that was the end of it but I had forgotten that I had another one planted around the area and, yup, once again he got it.

He was trying to find me, I was in my usual place waiting for him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I found the old mine/railway under the mountain yesterday. I'm going to hide right down the far end of it, send Merryweather after one guy, a mugger after another and set a bounty on someone else. I'll hope some of them come after me or set a bounty on me, I'll lace the tunnel with proximity mines in case someone figures out where I am.

I used to hop into my Tank and do the same thing but I hear the Tank is fairly useless now so I won't bother with that any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

At what level are proximity bombs unlocked?

I have to get some and plant them in popular areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Its a shame you can only hold 5 of them at a time but you can hold 25 sticky bombs.

The prox bombs are great for GTA races, just set one on a ramp and wait or one either near the finish line or just before you get to a checkpoint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

If you really want to be annoying use your five proximity mines and place them at the entrance of each Mod shop. It's similar to the Simeon HPV troll. I got the idea earlier when I left one outside for a player who was in the mod shop, but another arrived instead and blew himself up. :P You can get yourself a nice hiding spot while the other players come after you. :D

* Only thing to mention is if they turn up with insured vehicles and you have to pay the costs.

Taxi Ride Of Death

A number of crew members meet at the top of the map and set bounties on one another.

Everyone agrees on a destination at the bottom of the map and each member sets a waypoint for themselves.

We dial taxis and set the taxi destination to the waypoint.
                              The non-crew players in the session become the bounty hunters (if they choose).

Bounties can share taxis to get maximum "off the radar" time. Whoever makes it down in one piece is the winner.

Only rule is you cannot leave the taxi until you either reach your destination, or get blown up by a bounty hunter.

Let the games begin!

• Advertisement

(Credit to Proco for the original idea and concept. I put this into practice today, with some entertaining results.)

Spawn a Hearse and take it to LSC for full insurance and an ignition bomb.

Find a busy session and keep an eye on the central LSC garage on your map.

When the coast is clear head down in your Hearse and park it in the LSC carpark.

Enter passive mode and run up the steps to the left of LSC and follow the steps around to the roof.
                              Get as close to the garage wall as possible(this is as good as being invisible). The passive mode icon is the same one used to show someone is modding a car, so any players looking at the map will presume you are in LSC modding away.

Switch chat to Everyone and wait for the "who's Hearse is this?"

Boom!

I need a hearse :( any of the active 360 players have one? Any one of the active 3 players:D

TacoMan wrote: »
                              (Credit to Proco for the original idea and concept. I put this into practice today, with some entertaining results.)

When the coast is clear head down in your Hearse and park it in the LSC carpark.

Enter passive mode and run up the steps to the left of LSC and follow the steps around to the roof.
                              Get as close to the garage wall as possible(this is as good as being invisible). The passive mode icon is the same one used to show someone is modding a car, so any players looking at the map will presume you are in LSC modding away.

Boom!

One thing I've noticed, once you kill someone with an ignition bomb, you will be taken back out of passive mode.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
                              One thing I've noticed, once you kill someone with an ignition bomb, you will be taken back out of passive mode.

Didn't happen me the two times I tried earlier. :confused:

Not sure if it makes any difference, but I entered passive mode before I left my garage, called "Johnny-on-the-spot" for my hearse and headed to LSC to arm it with a bomb.
                              The first victim rage-quit when respawned and found me in passive and the second lad was in passive himself so it was just a waste of 5k when he didn't blow up.

Ah, I might be wrong so.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Throw a proximity mine on it & then go into passive mode, the mine won't blow until you come back out of passive mode so you can let them have a little drive in it & blow them up from halfway across Los Santos.

If I find someone's car near whatever building they're sniping from I'll proxie mine it, into passive mode & then go hassle them on the roof trying to get them to drive away. GTA is slowly turning me into a trolly-asshole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

TacoMan wrote: »

Boom!
                              Until I accidentally get into it in passive mode and ruin it :D

Found a good old spot for the bounty sessions

Anyone around for a bounty session tonight?

• Advertisement
                            • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Try this

Advertisement